Custom Triple.fi 10 Pro & Custom Shure SE530
Jun 24, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #182 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonem /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK can anyone who has both the Triple.fi + driver and UE-11 pro tank about the difference in bass, mids, highs and soundstage?
Thanks

I think only a handful people have the remolds now, really looking forward to see more comparisons and impressions once more people get their remolds.

I am really interested in testing out the custom cable as well, it is said to enhance overall performance.

Jun 24, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #183 of 616
yep! I am getting the aurora cable which is suppose to enhance the SQ for
smily_headphones1.gif
I had a little mix up with paypal and end up paying Sam late. Hopefully, I will be gettin my customs (sf5pro with additional driver) back tomorrow and compare them with my UM3X
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #184 of 616
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisztian420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep! I am getting the aurora cable which is suppose to enhance the SQ for
smily_headphones1.gif
I had a little mix up with paypal and end up paying Sam late. Hopefully, I will be gettin my customs (sf5pro with additional driver) back tomorrow and compare them with my UM3X
smily_headphones1.gif

I thought Aurora is out of stock... did you order it from UM?
can't wait to hear your impression. Have you ever considered "Vienna" or "Pastoral"?

Jun 25, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #185 of 616
Oh... it is still out of stock
smily_headphones1.gif
I was lucky enough to talk Sam out of selling his own
tongue.gif
I just got them now and just started listening to some sublime. Will let you guys how it sounds after one afternoon of listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #186 of 616
Quote:

Oh... it is still out of stock
smily_headphones1.gif
I was lucky enough to talk Sam out of selling his own
tongue.gif
I just got them now and just started listening to some sublime. Will let you guys how it sounds after one afternoon of listening
smily_headphones1.gif

Wow, you are sneaky. Lucky guy. Waiting for your thoughts on your new baby.
especially in comparison to your beloved UM3X....
thanks

Jun 25, 2009 at 4:35 AM Post #187 of 616
Hi Mangofish,

So I am liking them very much at the moment. The treble is nicer and more extended than the UM3x. Mids less forward but still very clear, while the bass is still pretty tight
smily_headphones1.gif
I spoke to Sam earlier and I think if you order in advance, like the moment you send in your customs, you should have no problem gettin a nice pair of silver custom cable.

Are you in Taipei??? Oh my god the heat is killing me
frown.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #188 of 616
Quote:

Hi Mangofish,

So I am liking them very much at the moment. The treble is nicer and more extended than the UM3x. Mids less forward but still very clear, while the bass is still pretty tight
smily_headphones1.gif
I spoke to Sam earlier and I think if you order in advance, like the moment you send in your customs, you should have no problem gettin a nice pair of silver custom cable.

Are you in Taipei??? Oh my god the heat is killing me
frown.gif

I own UM3x too and I think it's fantastic... very neutral at the same time not dry... I sent in my TF10 for custom + driver... I don't believe the result will be like 95% of UE11(don't have it though), but I am still very very curious of how this will turn out to be... still waiting... 2 more weeks... it feels like forever...
by the way... do you do all the communications with Sam on email? or? since I ordered mine through HI-FI (too late), Sam seems a bit reluctant with my orders when I contacted him... he actually referred me back to HI-FI for custom cable orders... ha...

anyways, have you had any customs(es3x, ue10 or ue11) before? can you do some comparisons by any chance?

ya, this city is burning.... hard to breathe. typhoon is coming though.

thanks!

Jun 25, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #189 of 616
Sorry never heard any other custom IEMs. This is my first
smily_headphones1.gif
I think Sam is pretty busy and normally when I IM him it takes a while for him to answer if he is doing something else. But yeah.... I can see how he wants Hi-Fi to take care of it all as they are paying them to do their job; even though it's a pretty bad one
frown.gif

I like the sound of my modded UE10 but I think the tube/tip of the IEMs are too short. I am used to having my UM3X jammed pretty deep inside my ears. OH well,.. I am gonna see if I can get used to this in the next few days as I think I do lose a little seal when I open my mouth. Oh yeah.. by the way I am happy with the SQ so far
wink.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #191 of 616
Sent my TF10 for turning into customs. Paid and sent... now the wait.

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #192 of 616
I know... the wait is terrible> But It's well worth it! I just got mine back and they look nice
smily_headphones1.gif
Sounds great
smily_headphones1.gif
I think by sending in the TF10 yours will turn out even better than mine in terms of SQ

Jun 26, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #193 of 616
How is the build quality? Do they seem cheaply maid ?

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #194 of 616
Quote:

I know... the wait is terrible> But It's well worth it! I just got mine back and they look nice
smily_headphones1.gif
Sounds great
smily_headphones1.gif
I think by sending in the TF10 yours will turn out even better than mine in terms of SQ

Hi Lisztian420, have you found a way to solve your fit problem? do you need a re-fit? It seems like a common problem for customs...

What genre of musics do you listen to the most and how is your custom working out for you?

thanks!

Jun 26, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #195 of 616
HI Mangofish,

I am taking my time with my impressions now. I think the fit problem is kinda annoying because it's somewhat inconsistent. I thought that the fit was bad at first, then I realized that at a certain angle it works relatively well. I started to question myself that maybe I got too used to having long complies jammed-in deeply into my ear canals, and I simply need more time to get use to the short shallow fit.

In terms of SQ I first thought the Bass was weak, but comparing to my um3x it's really about the same with more detail. As for mids, it's not as forward as UM3X but it's close enough with the aurora cable. Finally, the high is very extended and sometimes can even sound sibilant
tongue.gif
. Well,.. I'm still trying to decided if I should send these back for refit
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back