Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun
Aug 12, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #391 of 527
  Your question is also my concern lol,because :

1/toxic virus is selling at good price but waiting time is now more than 3 months :frowning2:...(i didnt see any virus 2nd for sale .....already a long time lol)
2/whiplash is much quicker but then the price is scary.........i dont wanna spend 550++  just to try a cable (that may win or fail my heart)

so,right now ,im happy to stick with a totl copper cable that i happen to see (copper cant be expensive hahaha)

Toxic Cables Copper Venom?

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #392 of 527

I am very interested in hearing your hybrid comparison. How long until you get one?

Your question is also my concern lol,because :

1/toxic virus is selling at good price but waiting time is now more than 3 months :frowning2:...(i didnt see any virus 2nd for sale .....already a long time lol)
2/whiplash is much quicker but then the price is scary.........i dont wanna spend 550++  just to try a cable (that may win or fail my heart)

so,right now ,im happy to stick with a totl copper cable that i happen to see (copper cant be expensive hahaha)

FYI, I've been talking to Timothy at Artemis Cables (http://www.artemiscables.com/) about building a hybrid NT6pro cable for me:

1. Hybrid CIEM: I am considering a hybrid silver/copper CIEM cable like the “Whiplash Audio TWag v3 & TWcu v3 Hybrid” if I can find it reasonably priced. Not silver coated copper, but separate pure copper and pure silver cables as described in the link below. Do you offer this in JH/UE style that would work with my Hidition NT6pros?http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G3282GS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=OKSQA7AH0VXE&coliid=I3D2PIFIK6EGV1
    1. Yes, we can have them made to fit the JH/UE style for your Hidition NT6pros. I do not recommend 6-wire combination like the link below. Every connector needs a positive and a negative channel (balancing), but when there are 3 wires, the third is either useless or connected as an extra negative/ground. Since IEM/headphone cables are analog signals, it is wasteful to use an extra wire since it's not EMI/RF sensitive. Adding an extra wire may do more harm than it does good. I recommend 4-wires (2 Pure Silver, 2 Pure Copper) or a 8-Wire Combination (4 Pure Silver, 4 Pure Copper). The price for the 4-Wire cable is $225, Price for 8-Wire cable is $400.

They did a great job on my LCD2 cable and were reasonably quick at about a week and a half. It will be a bit before I take the bite, but would love to hear your thoughts if you are ready to jump.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #394 of 527

Toxic Cables Copper Venom?

i was thinking of norne audio..........look stunning
  FYI, I've been talking to Timothy at Artemis Cables (http://www.artemiscables.com/) about building a hybrid NT6pro cable for me:

1. Hybrid CIEM: I am considering a hybrid silver/copper CIEM cable like the “Whiplash Audio TWag v3 & TWcu v3 Hybrid” if I can find it reasonably priced. Not silver coated copper, but separate pure copper and pure silver cables as described in the link below. Do you offer this in JH/UE style that would work with my Hidition NT6pros?http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G3282GS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=OKSQA7AH0VXE&coliid=I3D2PIFIK6EGV1
    1. Yes, we can have them made to fit the JH/UE style for your Hidition NT6pros. I do not recommend 6-wire combination like the link below. Every connector needs a positive and a negative channel (balancing), but when there are 3 wires, the third is either useless or connected as an extra negative/ground. Since IEM/headphone cables are analog signals, it is wasteful to use an extra wire since it's not EMI/RF sensitive. Adding an extra wire may do more harm than it does good. I recommend 4-wires (2 Pure Silver, 2 Pure Copper) or a 8-Wire Combination (4 Pure Silver, 4 Pure Copper). The price for the 4-Wire cable is $225, Price for 8-Wire cable is $400.

They did a great job on my LCD2 cable and were reasonably quick at about a week and a half. It will be a bit before I take the bite, but would love to hear your thoughts if you are ready to jump.

the 4 wires(2ag/2cu) isnt a thru hybrid.......8 wires is,ofcause at higher price tag

A_J confirmed that whiplas v3 hybrid brought nt6 to the new level but not nt6 pro(improvement was small )

Aug 26, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #396 of 527
Nt6 pro feats norne skog....very positive trial

Treble/mid/bass stay pretty much the same where they are in terms of quantity and quality....no "wow" factors here ......BUT....transperancy is...amazing,feel like sound flowing to ears thru space,not the piece of iem i was wearing.
Space become bigger in both width and depth

So the biggest improvement that Norne skog gave nt6 pro was all about 3d space while maintaing pretty much the same original sound signature that nt6 pro had been loved for.

Sep 1, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #397 of 527
Hi guys! Another proud and happy NT6 Pro owner here! 
etysmile.gif

I got the NT6 Pro a few months ago after reading countless of threads and auditioning several IEMs to find the one that suits my taste the best. And of course like all of you, I couldn't be happier with this purchase! It's resolving...it's impactful...it is engaging. 
smile.gif

Though that was just half of the story. I also needed to upgrade from my old trusty iPod Classic. Again, I got a lot of help from this thread and a big shout-out to Barra as his posts helped me the most in deciding. His comparison between DX90 and X5 are on point, and I agree that NT6 Pro has a better synergy with the X5. I actually decided at that time that it's the one I will get.

But same with Barra, I was also wondering how it would pair with the HDP-R10. With testimony from Average Joe on the DX100 as well as several folks in this thread on the HDP-R10, I felt I needed to take that extra step to settle it once and for all.

So it happened. In a recent trip to Japan, I made sure to search for the mythical beast. And there I found it...in the heart of the sacred lair a.k.a Yodobashi 
deadhorse.gif

The moment I heard it, I knew it was the one. As opposed to the X5 which has a very clean, solid, and intimate sound, the HDP-R10 comes with a huge soundstage and has more of a natural sound taking a bit of the NT6 Pro so called 'brightness'.

I guess to summarize; the X5 supplements the NT6 Pro's strengths, while the HDP-R10 complements it.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #399 of 527
  Congratulations. Nice pair.
Glad to see you are not disappointed.
How  would you describe HDP-R10's UI?

Thank you, sir!

As for the UI, I think all HDP-R10 owners know that it is not its strongest suit 
biggrin.gif

- it has this loud /click beep when you turn it on
- it has a 5 sec delay when you skip to a song of your choice (works just fine if you let the song end and play to the next one)
- screen resolution is low. not really an eyecandy.
- EQ does not work well

Nevertheless, I've known of its quirks even before buying it. I was ready to accept all these just as long as I get that satisfying sound. It makes me close my eyes while listening anyway! Haha 
etysmile.gif

Kidding aside, I've read from the HDP-R10 thread that they have managed to get Hibino to request Ibasso to update the firmware. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one!

Cheers!

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #400 of 527
I had the R10, it did sound very good with my NT6, but the delay when switching song I could not tolerate as I switch songs often.  If a firmware fixes that, I will start looking for one again.  I like the Tonality of it.  It was a good leap from DX90 and X5 for sure.

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #401 of 527
Hi guys! Another proud and happy NT6 Pro owner here! :etysmile:

I got the NT6 Pro a few months ago after reading countless of threads and auditioning several IEMs to find the one that suits my taste the best. And of course like all of you, I couldn't be happier with this purchase! It's resolving...it's impactful...it is engaging. :smile:

Though that was just half of the story. I also needed to upgrade from my old trusty iPod Classic. Again, I got a lot of help from this thread and a big shout-out to Barra as his posts helped me the most in deciding. His comparison between DX90 and X5 are on point, and I agree that NT6 Pro has a better synergy with the X5. I actually decided at that time that it's the one I will get.

But same with Barra, I was also wondering how it would pair with the HDP-R10. With testimony from Average Joe on the DX100 as well as several folks in this thread on the HDP-R10, I felt I needed to take that extra step to settle it once and for all.

So it happened. In a recent to Japan, I made sure to search for the mythical beast. And there I found it...in the heart of the sacred lair a.k.a Yodobashi :deadhorse:

The moment I heard it, I knew it was the one. As opposed to the X5 which has a very clean, solid, and intimate sound, the HDP-R10 comes with a huge soundstage and has more of a natural sound taking a bit of the NT6 Pro so called 'brightness'.

I guess to summarize; the X5 supplements the NT6 Pro's strengths, while the HDP-R10 complements it.

Congratulations bonakid, I love the clean look. I have often wished that I left the casing clear so that I could see the tech inside. Do you or anyone else have pics of the internals?

Sep 1, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #402 of 527

Congratulations. Nice pair.
Glad to see you are not disappointed.
How  would you describe HDP-R10's UI?

Thank you, sir!

As for the UI, I think all HDP-R10 owners know that it is not its strongest suit :D

- it has this loud /click beep when you turn it on
- it has a 5 sec delay when you skip to a song of your choice (works just fine if you let the song end and play to the next one)
- screen resolution is low. not really an eyecandy.
- EQ does not work well

Nevertheless, I've known of its quirks even before buying it. I was ready to accept all these just as long as I get that satisfying sound. It makes me close my eyes while listening anyway! Haha :etysmile:

Kidding aside, I've read from the HDP-R10 thread that they have managed to get Hibino to request Ibasso to update the firmware. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one!

Cheers!

I'm hoping to finally hear an r10 at CANJAM in October. Anyone else going?

Sep 1, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #403 of 527
@SilverEars

I really feel that R10 would gain more love and popularity if they improve the UI and make it more easily obtainable outside Japan.

@Barra

Thank you very much! The clean look was a result of me no longer having any more money left for fancier face plates haha. Anyway, here are some internal pics.

Sep 3, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #404 of 527
  Hi guys! Another proud and happy NT6 Pro owner here! 
etysmile.gif

I got the NT6 Pro a few months ago after reading countless of threads and auditioning several IEMs to find the one that suits my taste the best. And of course like all of you, I couldn't be happier with this purchase! It's resolving...it's impactful...it is engaging. 
smile.gif

So it happened. In a recent trip to Japan, I made sure to search for the mythical beast. And there I found it...in the heart of the sacred lair a.k.a Yodobashi 
deadhorse.gif

congratulation Bonakid...........one of the best portable combo so far :))
we had exactly the same combo and THE SAME IMPRESSION about thier sound quality :)

Sep 3, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #405 of 527
Hi guys! Another proud and happy NT6 Pro owner here! :etysmile:

I got the NT6 Pro a few months ago after reading countless of threads and auditioning several IEMs to find the one that suits my taste the best. And of course like all of you, I couldn't be happier with this purchase! It's resolving...it's impactful...it is engaging. :smile:

So it happened. In a recent trip to Japan, I made sure to search for the mythical beast. And there I found it...in the heart of the sacred lair a.k.a Yodobashi :deadhorse:

Totally agree. My r10 is not the last word in size, UI or looks, but damn if it doesn't sound amazing with the nt6-pro.
Definitely worth the money and the small annoyances. If I can't be bothered with carrying it, I use my galaxy note 2, which sounds surprisingly good considering. However, I still get the 'ahhhh' when switching back to the r10. Part of me even likes the 'brick' feel. It's damn solid and feels like quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back