Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun
Aug 5, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #381 of 527
For anyone interested in NT6pro listening impressions with a Geek Out 100 DAC/AMP, I just posted a review:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/lhlabs-geek-out/reviews/11396

1. Hidition NT6pro CIEM: Listening level 6 of 100. Awesome pairing that I am enjoying very much. As you might guess, I cannot use much of the volume scale with a CIEM. However, the NT6pro sounded very different, but in a good euphoric/euphonic way. It was warm, smooth, thick, lush, and big while retaining its detail levels. I have never heard it bass thump this hard before, but never out of control. It is hitting the sub bass with more authority as well. The Geek Out 1000 power has quite a tight grip on the NT6pro BAs making it very impactful throughout its extended frequency range with even more impressive dynamics than normal. Typically referred to as an analytical CIEM this was a big departure sounding more like the signature description for the SE5. I really thought I would have to get a different CIEM to get this kind of signature change so this opens up a world of possibilities for me. I like it a lot and would like to have this amount of control over the NT6pro’s signature to adjust with different genres and moods. If only the Geek Out was a portable solution like my preferred pairing with the X5. However, it makes me wonder if the Geek Out would pair well with a warmer IEM/CIEM or would it be too much?

It was an impressive pairing and quite a departure from the typical NT6pro sound signature.

Aug 5, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #383 of 527
For anyone interested in NT6pro listening impressions with a [COLOR=0000FF]Geek Out 100 DAC/AMP[/COLOR], I just posted a review:

1. Hidition NT6pro CIEM: Listening level 6 of 100. Awesome pairing that I am enjoying very much. As you might guess, I cannot use much of the volume scale with a CIEM. However, the NT6pro sounded very different, but in a good euphoric/euphonic way. It was warm, smooth, thick, lush, and big while retaining its detail levels. I have never heard it bass thump this hard before, but never out of control. It is hitting the sub bass with more authority as well. The Geek Out 1000 power has quite a tight grip on the NT6pro BAs making it very impactful throughout its extended frequency range with even more impressive dynamics than normal. Typically referred to as an analytical CIEM this was a big departure sounding more like the signature description for the SE5. I really thought I would have to get a different CIEM to get this kind of signature change so this opens up a world of possibilities for me. I like it a lot and would like to have this amount of control over the NT6pro’s signature to adjust with different genres and moods. If only the Geek Out was a portable solution like my preferred pairing with the X5. However, it makes me wonder if the Geek Out would pair well with a warmer IEM/CIEM or would it be too much?

It was an impressive pairing and quite a departure from the typical NT6pro sound signature.

I've also found a big change switching from silver to copper cable. Silver was far brighter. Copper- the new cable from Hidition- gives the nt6 completely different sound. I've never before found that cables make much difference.

Aug 5, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #384 of 527

For anyone interested in NT6pro listening impressions with a Geek Out 100 DAC/AMP, I just posted a review:

I've also found a big change switching from silver to copper cable. Silver was far brighter. Copper- the new cable from Hidition- gives the nt6 completely different sound. I've never before found that cables make much difference.

I wish the CIEM manufacturers were more transparent into their cable makeup. I have no way to know the difference between my cable from a couple years ago and the current as the cables seem to change at Hidition on a regular basis.

I have been toying with the idea of having someone make me a custom hybrid with strands of copper and strands of silver to see if I could get the best of both worlds. But I am kind of chicken to pull the cable out and mess up what has been working well for me and has been solidly connected. Probably silly, but its just me - sticking to that if it isn't broken, don't fix it rule.

Aug 12, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #386 of 527
I did some cable rolling today...and to be honest i like the stock cable the most,very pleasing,good combination of space,detail,treble,mid,bass...nothing too aggresive or relax either,everything just so smooth and balance without losing any clarity

Seem like the nt6 pro sound quality is very consistent

The rolling was : tralucent silver/gold,silver dragon v3,stock

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #387 of 527
I did some cable rolling today...and to be honest i like the stock cable the most,very pleasing,good combination of space,detail,treble,mid,bass...nothing too aggresive or relax either,everything just so smooth and balance without losing any clarity

Seem like the nt6 pro sound quality is very consistent

The rolling was : tralucent silver/gold,silver dragon v3,stock

Interesting, the stock cable for your NT-6 Pro is different than that of mine. I wonder if hidition would be willing to give me the new version, it looks nice!

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #388 of 527
Interesting, the stock cable for your NT-6 Pro is different than that of mine. I wonder if hidition would be willing to give me the new version, it looks nice!

I did not even test the stock cable out at the first place(i got bad feeling by charging the way it look,weird color,very cheap looking plug )

So i started looking for cable without listening to stock cable...today it actually supprise me :)

Silver/gold always give me improvement in s.q..well not nt6 pro case
Silver is my favourite material to increase clarity and treble energy,in this case it made the treble abit overkill and destroy the 3d feel of the staging
I need 1 more trial on thru hybrid silver/copper(toxic virus or whiplash hybrid) to conclude best pairing for nt6 pro

For now,i choose copper :))

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #389 of 527

I did not even test the stock cable out at the first place(i got bad feeling by charging the way it look,weird color,very cheap looking plug )

So i started looking for cable without listening to stock cable...today it actually supprise me :)

Silver/gold always give me improvement in s.q..well not nt6 pro case
Silver is my favourite material to increase clarity and treble energy,in this case it made the treble abit overkill and destroy the 3d feel of the staging
I need 1 more trial on thru hybrid silver/copper(toxic virus or whiplash hybrid) to conclude best pairing for nt6 pro

For now,i choose copper :))

I am very interested in hearing your hybrid comparison. How long until you get one?

Aug 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #390 of 527
I am very interested in hearing your hybrid comparison. How long until you get one?

Your question is also my concern lol,because :

1/toxic virus is selling at good price but waiting time is now more than 3 months :frowning2:...(i didnt see any virus 2nd for sale .....already a long time lol)
2/whiplash is much quicker but then the price is scary.........i dont wanna spend 550++  just to try a cable (that may win or fail my heart)

so,right now ,im happy to stick with a totl copper cable that i happen to see (copper cant be expensive hahaha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back