Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun
Oct 3, 2014 at 6:05 PM Post #422 of 527
  I bought the new Hidition cable, the one used on the Viento-R.
It's indeed more durable and has a tighter connection to the socket than my previous. The pTag was 60$, if I recall.
Dunno why, but I prefer them to my Whiplash Hybrid.

Thanks Lightless, that's helpful and $60 is not too much. Was this US dollars? How was the quality of the wire and connectors and the finishing work? Did they use a Palic connector or something cheap?

Oct 3, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #423 of 527
  I bought the new Hidition cable, the one used on the Viento-R.
It's indeed more durable and has a tighter connection to the socket than my previous. The pTag was 60$, if I recall.
Dunno why, but I prefer them to my Whiplash Hybrid.

BTW, what do you hear differently between the Hidition and the Whiplash that makes you like them better, or do you really not know why? Or is it better ergonomics?

Oct 3, 2014 at 6:24 PM Post #424 of 527
No, the new cable is highly flexible and has overmolded connectors and plug (right-angled).
Microphonics are also gone, if you care about that.

Edit: Yes, maybe ergonomics + my 3 Whiplash cables are all terminated in RSA/ALO balanced, and I don't like my SR71B that much. 
Additionally: I'm still not a cable believer. 
etysmile.gif

I mostly buy cables because of the good looks.

Oct 5, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #431 of 527
Originally Posted by John Culter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't get me wrong, it can look like I'm complaining about the quality of the highest rated in-ears as they sound like crap 
wink.gif
 No, it is not like that - they are amazing in every way. I do believe the right source is very important and can reveal big difference. But on the other hand Audioquest Dragonfly is in my opinion not that bad DAC and sufficient AMP for those CIEMs to reveal their capabilities. Especially when the comparison between UERM and NT6 is done under same conditions. On the same setup UERM are able to play some frequencies, which I clearly miss on the NT6 (highs) and vice versa (missing some sub bass on the UERM). 

When I put both graphs next to each other, it looks like the NT6 pro have different progress of the high frequencies, but the roll off seems to start at the same point. So it can be the answer - for the UERM if I'm not wrong, it extends almost to 20k.

Looking at the graph of the pro, it does extend more than the NT6, but starting at -15dB to -30dB it extends gradually.  Don't know how noticeable that would be.  Also, extension doesn't equate to brighter sound.  A roll-off at 10k with a peaks before that region can be pretty bright.  For comparison of treble extension of UERM to NT-6 V2(on the right), MRO's measurements.

Oct 5, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #432 of 527
I've got the new hidition cable, same as the one pictured and it's split already. Not impressed with the quality of the plastic that goes around the ear. My previous cable from unique melody was much more durable in that respect. I've asked about another one but it might be it's the only cable they do now. It could probably be fixed up with heat shrink wrap....

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #434 of 527
Just placed my order for the NT6 Pro! Now the wait begins...
For some reason, the dealer was nice enough to let me borrow his universal demo until mine is done and WOW 
eek.gif
 they are simply stunning! (with the Calyx M). Can't imagine how good the customs will be.

Oct 8, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #435 of 527
  Just placed my order for the NT6 Pro! Now the wait begins...
For some reason, the dealer was nice enough to let me borrow his universal demo until mine is done and WOW 
eek.gif
 they are simply stunning! (with the Calyx M). Can't imagine how good the customs will be.

I've heard the universal demo version before, your custom will sound even more coherent & have a better soundstage. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back