Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun
Dec 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #181 of 527

They finally arrived this morrning.

The fit is perfect on the left side (I have pain), but I'll wait a few more days.
The build quality is rather nice. It is my first pair of CIEMs and I am quite happy to see that quality.
My adventure with the Heir 4.AI was a major waste of money and time, so I took my time in order to avoid another failure.
I have to confess that I must have disturbed some very kind members here with my questions (my apologies for that 
tongue_smile.gif
 Barra, Average_Joe, Tupac, Project86 and thank you for the help ).

My first impressions are very positive, after an hour of use.
During the first minutes, I was not really impressed, so I put some bassy songs... and I began to smile: the bass was there, strong, already extended, the texture was also good.
A lot of details at the same time, seemingly in a lot of space.
Indeed the sound is clear, but I was expecting more brightness, with much more offensive treble but that is not what I heard.

I need more time with them now 
L3000.gif

Congratulations Pondu,

I am anxious to hear more of your impressions after you listen to them for a while. Be careful not to turn them up too loud which is easy to do given their clarity. They tease you to keep turning them up to pull out more bass/sub-base, texture and detail, but it can cause fatigue at higher than normal volumes. To add more texture and sub-base at lower volume levels, I find that the inexpensive $100 BH2 amp pairs wonderfully regardless of source taking it to the next level.

As for the fit, hopefully it is just you not being used to the deeper musicians fit like in my case rather than a poor fit. Mine fit snug and deep and can cut off blood flow if I don't take them out every hour or so to rest which I mistook for pain at first.

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #182 of 527
Pondu, you have NT-6 or NT-6 Pro?

How long did you wait for them (from the moment of receipt of your ears impressions by Hidition)?

Is this a stock cable? Is it nice?

It is a pair of NT6-Pro.
I sent my impressions on november the 22nd.
They received them on the 9th of this month, and 21 days later I received them.
On the photos, you see the stock cable.

Quote:

Keep us updated as time goes on.

I will 
L3000.gif
, thank you.

Barra,  thanks.
Frankly, I am really liking the sub-bass, especially the fact that I do not need to increase the volume to hear it.
They have a little more than 10h of burn in now and the brighness appeared, but at low volume it is hardly noticeable.
So far nothing to complain about 
wink_face.gif
 , I am still very confident.

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #183 of 527

Congratulations Pondu,

I am anxious to hear more of your impressions after you listen to them for a while. Be careful not to turn them up too loud which is easy to do given their clarity. They tease you to keep turning them up to pull out more bass/sub-base, texture and detail, but it can cause fatigue at higher than normal volumes. To add more texture and sub-base at lower volume levels, I find that the inexpensive $100 BH2 amp pairs wonderfully regardless of source taking it to the next level.

As for the fit, hopefully it is just you not being used to the deeper musicians fit like in my case rather than a poor fit. Mine fit snug and deep and can cut off blood flow if I don't take them out every hour or so to rest which I mistook for pain at first.

In response to the bolded text, I find just the opposite as far as clarity goes...the better the clarity, the easier it is to listen at lower volumes.  My LCD-2 isn't nearly as clear as the NT-6 pro, and for some reason I keep wanting to turn the volume up.  In no time I have the volume way too loud and have to turn it back down.

It is fun to turn the volume to moderate with the NT-6 pro for short periods of time to feel the bass!

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #185 of 527

Congratulations Pondu,

In response to the bolded text, I find just the opposite as far as clarity goes...the better the clarity, the easier it is to listen at lower volumes.  My LCD-2 isn't nearly as clear as the NT-6 pro, and for some reason I keep wanting to turn the volume up.  In no time I have the volume way too loud and have to turn it back down.

It is fun to turn the volume to moderate with the NT-6 pro for short periods of time to feel the bass!

I am very volume sensitive, so I like listening to much lower volumes than normal and can be overstating my case. I tend to turn up the volume to a level that sounds authoritative and full throughout the frequency range without being loud and the lower the volume the better.

Although the NT6 Pro is very capable at low volumes, I think it is sensitive to the amp in a DAP. Your DX100 is a better source with a much better internal amp than my DX50 or C3 so at low volumes the harder to drive lower registers are likely more prominent providing better lower listening level quality. I just feel that I have to turn the volume up a bit when under powered with a DX50 or C3 for the lower end to be properly represented and the NT6 Pro sound to be optimal. This is corrected easily by adding the BH2 amp to the DX50 or C3 for a more prominent and authoritative low end at lower volumes. Even under powered at low volumes with the lower end less prominent, the NT6 Pro sounds outstanding, but certain genres demand more lower end.

If you have a DX50 handy, I would be curious to know your opinion on NT6 Pro low volume performance using the DX50 vs. the DX100 internal amp. I would love to have an opportunity to hear the NT6 Pro with the DX100 to compare. 
smile.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #186 of 527
  Pondu, can you write something more about this? Does it mean that the CIEMs are becoming a little bit fatiguing?

Nope, I am having so much pleasure that I sometimes need to inrease the volume: but yesterday I have been "punished" by some harshness in a song.
But remember that I am posting impressions based on 60 minutes of use.
Nothing definitive for the moment because the sound seems to continue to evolve even after more than 20 hours of burn in.

I am more and more confident.

HAPPY NEW YEAR guys 
beerchug.gif
 !

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #187 of 527
Mine arrived last Thursday!

Have been burning them in and testing out a few cables along the way, definitely improved by quite a fair bit, highs were tamed and the bass became more prominent, so far after testing many many cables out there, silver gold litz from Plussound, silver gold from Plussound, Twag v3, Twag v2 gold, TWcu v3, Plussound hybrid, DHC hybrid, Null Audio Vitesse cable and their own stock cables, I preferred the DHC hybrid the most out of all of the cables mentioned, mid bass became punchier and highs were a little more extended with no sibilance at all(for now, haven't heard any songs which had sibilance issue), will continue to burn them in to achieve better results, fit was okay, right side feels a little off.. Build quality was okay, can easily see a few unpolished area on the shell.. The pearl faceplate looks awesome, but it seems so thin, and translucent.. Nothing to complain about, since pearl artwork might be a very tough job for the makers out there.
Overall, a very pleasant experience, ordered from Null Audio on 26/11/2013, they sent out around 2-3 days later.. And hidition shipped them off on 20/12/2013.. Very fast I'd say!

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #188 of 527
Mine arrived last Thursday!

Have been burning them in and testing out a few cables along the way, definitely improved by quite a fair bit, highs were tamed and the bass became more prominent, so far after testing many many cables out there, silver gold litz from Plussound, silver gold from Plussound, Twag v3, Twag v2 gold, TWcu v3, Plussound hybrid, DHC hybrid, Null Audio Vitesse cable and their own stock cables, I preferred the DHC hybrid the most out of all of the cables mentioned, mid bass became punchier and highs were a little more extended with no sibilance at all(for now, haven't heard any songs which had sibilance issue), will continue to burn them in to achieve better results, fit was okay, right side feels a little off.. Build quality was okay, can easily see a few unpolished area on the shell.. The pearl faceplate looks awesome, but it seems so thin, and translucent.. Nothing to complain about, since pearl artwork might be a very tough job for the makers out there.
Overall, a very pleasant experience, ordered from Null Audio on 26/11/2013, they sent out around 2-3 days later.. And hidition shipped them off on 20/12/2013.. Very fast I'd say!

Welcome to the Hidition family. We look forward to some more impressions when you get a chance to listen a bit more.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #189 of 527
Does anybody know what the logo options are on the Hidition site?

They have a, b or c, but I can't find pictures of which is which. I would ask them but they are struggling to reply to my emails about payment options as it is!

I've sent impressions and my wife will be collecting my nt6 pro from Hidition (once made) at the end of the month! Another one joins the club.

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #190 of 527
Does anybody know what the logo options are on the Hidition site?

They have a, b or c, but I can't find pictures of which is which. I would ask them but they are struggling to reply to my emails about payment options as it is!

I've sent impressions and my wife will be collecting my nt6 pro from Hidition (once made) at the end of the month! Another one joins the club.

Congratulations and welcome to the club. 

Google translate messes up the site and its links. If you search "Hidition" on Google, right click the Korean text select open in new tab. Google translate may still translate the site, but the links should work now. If not, you can right click the translate link and select open in new tab to have both open to use to navigate. The closest link across to the left of the "11 Logo" at the bottom of your customization choices says "logo consider" - click that to open a window to click through pictures of the options. This is what it will show you: 

center]
A TYPE

center]
B TYPE

center]
C TYPE

Please double check what I pasted here so that I am not responsible for mistakes. I would also recommend specifying in a preliminary email exactly what you would like pasting these or custom pictures as appropriate so that there is no mistake. They filled out the order form for me through email and really only used the order form to take money. There are a lot of helpful pictures in the gallery if you want something special that you can use as an example.

FYI, there seems to be a glitch in the payment system so don't panic if it happens to you. It takes a little trial and error. It has been a while for me to remember exactly what I had to do, but some of the guys that just ordered may have helpful advice. But I was able to figure it out myself in the end.

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #191 of 527

Google translate messes up the site and its links. If you search "Hidition" on Google, right click the Korean text select open in new tab. Google translate may still translate the site, but the links should work now. If not, you can right click the translate link and select open in new tab to have both open to use to navigate. The closest link across to the left of the "11 Logo" at the bottom of your customization choices says "logo consider" - click that to open a window to click through pictures of the options. This is what it will show you: 

center]
A TYPE

center]
B TYPE

center]
C TYPE

Please double check what I pasted here so that I am not responsible for mistakes. I would also recommend specifying in a preliminary email exactly what you would like pasting these or custom pictures as appropriate so that there is no mistake. They filled out the order form for me through email and really only used the order form to take money. There are a lot of helpful pictures in the gallery if you want something special that you can use as an example.

FYI, there seems to be a glitch in the payment system so don't panic if it happens to you. It takes a little trial and error. It has been a while for me to remember exactly what I had to do, but some of the guys that just ordered may have helpful advice. But I was able to figure it out myself in the end.

Thanks Barra. Yeah I'll definitely confirm the logo etc with Hidition. I think I will go type B as I am getting the clear shell. I want to be able to see all the good stuff inside. Every since I saw the clear version of the Se-535 I've wanted to get a clear. Don't know why I got blue with my Unique Melody Mage....

I'm hoping that I find the NT6-Pro like you; full spectrum slam and enough low end. The brightness and lack of low end mentioned by some people are the things that put me off- but everything else sounds amazing about these earphones. Looking forward to comparing my midrange equipment to the TOTL stuff. Particularly when I pick up a HDP R10 in Tokyo in April- only 540 USD from Amazon.jp there which is pretty incredible given the 1000 dollar plus cost on Ebay in the UK. 

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #192 of 527

I'm hoping that I find the NT6-Pro like you; full spectrum slam and enough low end. The brightness and lack of low end mentioned by some people are the things that put me off- but everything else sounds amazing about these earphones. Looking forward to comparing my midrange equipment to the TOTL stuff. Particularly when I pick up a HDP R10 in Tokyo in April- only 540 USD from Amazon.jp there which is pretty incredible given the 1000 dollar plus cost on Ebay in the UK. 

Yes, welcome to the club, lololololo & smithyone1l.
smithyone1l, I hear the Pros rather like Barra and I agree with almost everything he said about them.

Now that I've spent enough weeks with them, I can safely thank everybody here for the help, and say how much I am happy with my choice.

Before going further, I have to confess a few things about me that might help to understand my point of view.
I am basshead, but it is also about the quality (especially the sub-bass).
I hate brighness, harshness and although I am more tolerant with sibilance than before, I am not a big fan of it.
I do not like treble enhancements, and I I feel littérally assaulted by peaky treble.
Like Barra, I  listen to music at low volume.

I sometimes had to cling to my chair because I had the impression to be shaken by the bass
basshead.gif
And I am barely exagerating when I say that.
The bass is there when needed, with the "ooooomph", the air, the sub-bass, the impact, but the control is dictatorial.
The only word that comes to my mind is "awesome": if you like to feel the bass, the Pros allow you to feel it.
It can be subtile, or completely absent with acoustic music, or heavy with rap music. Remarkable. 

About the brightness: I won't say there isn't any, but you'll hear it mostly with artists who like to add brightness in their songs (David Guetta, Sweedish House Mafia...), but even then I feel the need to increase the volume.
The harshness I heard is gone now, and my worst tracks are not offensive.
The Pros won't hide sibilance, but as Averoge_Joe said, it is not an issue at all, at least to my ears.
Imho,the sound is a bit too clear to be qualified as completely natural but it is not far and a dap with an organic sound will add more body to your music without loosing the clearness.

I also hear the enhancement in the treble region, but (and I cannot believe I am saying this) I am a big fan here: again like Average_JoeBarra I do not find it agressive, and with very capable singers, you might want to increase the volume.

The soundstage is outstanding: I do not feel like I am listening to music, but rather like I am watching the performance, or like I am in the middle of the music with details every where (even sometimes behind you 
eek.gif
 !!!). Incredible.
I do not manage to estimate the scale of the soundstage as I do not have enough experience in this hobby, but the impression of space is always present in every song.

I remember  Ardgedee said that at low volume, the Pros are rather neutral and I completely agree with him: you will hardly notice (even not at all) the brighness or the enhancement in the treble region.

To conclude, I shall say that I am relieved, not only because I made the good choice, but especially because I am completely satisfied.
For the first time I feel I am done with my headphone quest.
The lack of warmness,  is not an issue: this pair just immerses you in the music and you will often feel the need to increase the volume to flood you there.
It is a little like when you are in a swimming pool: sometimes you just want to dive and and stay in apnea.
The NT6-Pro is the best compromise between a critical/ analytical  listening, and a contemplative listening that allows you to feel the music and emotion.

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #194 of 527

center]
A TYPE

center]
B TYPE

center]
C TYPE

Thanks Barra. Yeah I'll definitely confirm the logo etc with Hidition. I think I will go type B as I am getting the clear shell. I want to be able to see all the good stuff inside. Every since I saw the clear version of the Se-535 I've wanted to get a clear. Don't know why I got blue with my Unique Melody Mage....

I'll be anxious to hear how the NT6 Pro sounds through the HDP R10 as well. What other DAPs do you have to compare sound to the HDP R10?

Jan 9, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #195 of 527
Pondu, one quick question - due to this little brigthness/treble peak do you find NT-6 Pro lacking body a litle bit?

Yes, but it depends on the pairing.
With my Meizu MX3 I find it lacking body at times (nothing dramatic) but with my Sony F807, it is perfect: the sound is natural, especially vocals are pleasing.
My MX3 lacks body, so the pairing is not that successfull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back