Custom Cans Impressions Thread.
Jan 27, 2022 at 4:42 AM Post #107 of 246
Anyone know what their turnaround is like for headphone cables? Ordered some cables at the start of the month and haven't heard anything.
In most cases my cables and parts show up within 2 weeks of ordering and that's even given the speedy/faultess Czech Post :D

Sometimes it has taken longer but I was advised that it would. Anyway, above, Jason mentioned he was overflowing with work (good on him, he deserves all the best!) and wouldn't be taking new orders until January. You should just email him, he will always get back to you.

I'm gonna need a balanced cable for a new pair of HE6SE which I just found at a reasonable price after searching for years. So I looked at this thread since Customcans is my favorite shop for cables and also Sennheiser parts. Unfortunately Brexit + EU thievery have made it tough to buy anything outside their moated castle. So I wanted to see if Jason has any ideas to get us parts and cables without paying 2X...

Jan 28, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #108 of 246
Anyone know what their turnaround is like for headphone cables? Ordered some cables at the start of the month and haven't heard anything.
Yes, sorry - January is our busiest month and we have been a bit over run with orders and emails - we are working through the queue as fast as we can and have extra staff helping out. If you PM me your order number I can check where your cable is in the process

Jan 28, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #109 of 246
Yes, sorry - January is our busiest month and we have been a bit over run with orders and emails - we are working through the queue as fast as we can and have extra staff helping out. If you PM me your order number I can check where your cable is in the process
Hi,

You guys shipped out my order yesterday so no worries. Thanks.

Feb 2, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #110 of 246
pleased to have found this thread and great reviews.
am prepping my trusty and loved dt770 pro 80's for the full works, and waiting to hear about possibility of a cable for my audio technica ath-r70x's.
all i need is a decent HP shipping case, then will be booking in.
just need to choose colours which I am struggling with a little - in a good way...

Feb 6, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #111 of 246
Received my Custom Cans Uber DT770 80 ohms balanced 2 weeks before Christmas, wasn't sure what to expect from them, with so few reviews. However, I needn't have worried, after a decent burn-in, they are so good!
Balanced, neutral, great sound, I haven't noticed any problems with the highs as is sometimes mentioned with the standard version of the cans, and the bass very tight.
The overall look is very professional, and the black and white cables are something else.
Many thanks to all at Custom Cans.

Feb 6, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #112 of 246
Received my Custom Cans Uber DT770 80 ohms balanced 2 weeks before Christmas, wasn't sure what to expect from them, with so few reviews. However, I needn't have worried, after a decent burn-in, they are so good!
Balanced, neutral, great sound, I haven't noticed any problems with the highs as is sometimes mentioned with the standard version of the cans, and the bass very tight.
The overall look is very professional, and the black and white cables are something else.
Many thanks to all at Custom Cans.
Sounds like you bought them rather than a conversion?

I am looking at sending my dt770s in. Waiting for an email back ATM after asking some questions just over a week ago. May just fire the order in anyway.

Feb 8, 2022 at 5:54 AM Post #113 of 246
Sounds like you bought them rather than a conversion?

I am looking at sending my dt770s in. Waiting for an email back ATM after asking some questions just over a week ago. May just fire the order in anyway.
I had considered buying some DT770's for many years but always ended up with alternatives. However, when I discovered Custom Cans sold them new, with their balanced conversion, I jumped in , with excellent results.
This means, I am unable to give you any advice re: possible sound changes, having never owned the stock cans. The only thing I can say is the workmanship seems of a high standard.
Good luck with your decision making!

Feb 10, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #114 of 246
I've now had my customcan modded HD6XX headphones and cable for a few weeks and can thoroughly recommend the mod and the cable.

I am listening on a decent headphone system (Fluxlab VOLOT / chord Hugo 2 / Mscaler / Innuos Server). Compared to my non modded HD650 headphones (yes I still have those) the modded HD6XX headphones sound lighter, more articulate and less coloured.

Indeed, I now find myself listening to them as my daily headphone.

Great job Justin and team.

Feb 10, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #115 of 246
Jason is the king of Sennheiser mods. I have his copper weights on my list.

Feb 11, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #116 of 246
Hi Jason - just wondered how timescales are at the moment please - emailed a couple of times since the 23rd Jan but not had a reply yet so just trying to get a feel for when a particular piece of work might be done before ordering.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 11, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #117 of 246
Hi Jason - just wondered how timescales are at the moment please - emailed a couple of times since the 23rd Jan but not had a reply yet so just trying to get a feel for when a particular piece of work might be done before ordering.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry - the emails have got a bit out of hand over the last month or so and we may have missed it. Pop me a PM with your email address and I will look for it and get back to you

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #118 of 246
Got my Tygr R today from Custom Cans - mini XLR conversion and new headband cable to tie in more with the colour scheme of the headphone. I have an adapter here also which means I can add a Vmoda Boompro or Beyer Custon Gear now making it an ideal gaming and multi purpose headphone/headset for me. Really pleased with it :)

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 19, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #119 of 246
I've now had my customcan modded HD6XX headphones and cable for a few weeks and can thoroughly recommend the mod and the cable.

I am listening on a decent headphone system (Fluxlab VOLOT / chord Hugo 2 / Mscaler / Innuos Server). Compared to my non modded HD650 headphones (yes I still have those) the modded HD6XX headphones sound lighter, more articulate and less coloured.

Indeed, I now find myself listening to them as my daily headphone.

Great job Justin and team.
Thank you so much. The custom cans modded HD6XX has become my favourite headphone. It has all the best quantities of the standard HD650 and makes it better.

Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back