Custom Cans Impressions Thread.
Jan 23, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #91 of 101

jfunk

Member of the Trade: customcans UK
Do you still have any of those modded dt880 600ohm?
Since Brexit, beyer UK have been having difficulties getting stock from germany so we keep selling out - unfortunately the 880s are out of stock as well at the moment - we should have more in a week or two. Just to cheer you up though... here is a pair we just made
IMG_6384-2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6386.jpg
    IMG_6386.jpg
    572.7 KB · Views: 0
Jan 23, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #92 of 101

gazzington

Headphoneus Supremus
Since Brexit, beyer UK have been having difficulties getting stock from germany so we keep selling out - unfortunately the 880s are out of stock as well at the moment - we should have more in a week or two. Just to cheer you up though... here is a pair we just madeIMG_6384-2.jpg
Oh wow that looks stunning. How much is it for something as cool as that?

Jan 23, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #94 of 101

supersonic395

100+ Head-Fier
They have been selling like crazy, we have sold out of what we had in stock, we have a small batch coming in this week but I think they are all sold as well so if you purchased one now it would be 2-3 weeks before they were ready to ship.

Ah okay no worries, just to confirm will the cans come with both sets of pads as well?

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:27 AM Post #97 of 101

magicalmouse

500+ Head-Fier
I have bought yaxi b pads and had my hd25s modified by custom cans and am very impressed by the service and advice i have received over the last few months. A very safe small business to buy from imo.

The damping and cable mods make a real and benefical difference to the hd25.

Feb 23, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #99 of 101

Joaqu2n

Head-Fier
Hi, @jfunk ! I have received your Ultra-low capacitance balanced cable with 4 pin XLR for Beyerdynamic T1 / T5P (Pono / XLR / A & K) cable and I only have one question: When I bought the cable, the photo on ebay showed two TRS mini jacks and you sent me with two TS mini jacks. Is there a difference in sound or performance between these two connections? The cable works fine with both the Focal Elegia (serial cable are two-TS) and the Sony MDR-Z7M2 (serial cable are two-TRS), but I have that doubt.

Thanks.

Feb 23, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #100 of 101

jfunk

Member of the Trade: customcans UK
Hi, @jfunk ! I have received your Ultra-low capacitance balanced cable with 4 pin XLR for Beyerdynamic T1 / T5P (Pono / XLR / A & K) cable and I only have one question: When I bought the cable, the photo on ebay showed two TRS mini jacks and you sent me with two TS mini jacks. Is there a difference in sound or performance between these two connections? The cable works fine with both the Focal Elegia (serial cable are two-TS) and the Sony MDR-Z7M2 (serial cable are two-TRS), but I have that doubt.

Thanks.
Hi,
Yes, we normally bridge the connections on the TRS ones so they act like a TS. The drivers on the headphones only have 2 connections so either is fine. The Ts ones are a bit stronger as they have fewer parts but we do normally use the TRS version as they look more like the ones used on the original ones but I think we may be having difficulties getting hold of them at the moment. Beyer use TRS as they have a seperate shield that they connect to the sleve and sony use TRS to prevent issues pluging the PHA-3 cables the wrong way round. The way we build the cables the only difference between the TS and TRS is cosmettic

Feb 23, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #101 of 101

Joaqu2n

Head-Fier
Hi,
Yes, we normally bridge the connections on the TRS ones so they act like a TS. The drivers on the headphones only have 2 connections so either is fine. The Ts ones are a bit stronger as they have fewer parts but we do normally use the TRS version as they look more like the ones used on the original ones but I think we may be having difficulties getting hold of them at the moment. Beyer use TRS as they have a seperate shield that they connect to the sleve and sony use TRS to prevent issues pluging the PHA-3 cables the wrong way round. The way we build the cables the only difference between the TS and TRS is cosmettic
Thanks a lot, jfunk!

Users who are viewing this thread