Curse or praise head-fi.org?
Mar 20, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #17 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is only the beginning.....

Fellow headfiers, may we have a safe trip towards the heaven of headphones.

Mar 20, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #18 of 78
Welcome to the dark side.

Mar 20, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #19 of 78
As mentioned earlier, your ears will praise you and your wallet will hate you.
Nirvana cannot be reached, settle for very happy, and your wallet will not hate you (that much).

Mar 20, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #20 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Both!
* Curse it for making your wallet potentially cry.

Potentially? Inevitably! Unless your stick to mid-fi, your wallet will cry in no time. Mine weeps, when it can afford to drink enough fluids.

Mar 20, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #21 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sell your wallet now! You won't need it.......

Its not that you wont need it so much as you need the cash to afford that new amp. Paper clips can work surprisingly well as money clips.

Mar 20, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #22 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Potentially? Inevitably! Unless your stick to mid-fi, your wallet will cry in no time. Mine weeps, when it can afford to drink enough fluids.

Well, that certainly depend on the size of the wallet.
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #23 of 78
i started reading this forum in december, to find a decent set of headphones for work.
now, less than 4 months later, i have 5 sets of cans, a tube amp, a DAC, and a portable dac/amp.
and i just sent my k702 off for the mythical recabling.
oh, and not to mention i'm trying to save up for a decent SS amp!

CURSE YOU, HEAD-FI!!!
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #24 of 78
I don't know why you guys make a big deal of it and I really don't like "sorry about your wallet" slogan
or statment or whatever.as you can see in my signature,I have some nice headphones and iems and tube
amp but I didn't take a single penny from the bank.I am 18 and university student and I don't spend
much and I get every month a good amount of money from my parents which I save month after
month to afford these luxury items,but I never go extreme and blow all my money for a
headphone that only produce sound.There are more important things in life and anyone on
this site should have self control over himself and know when enough is enough.I will never
make my creditcard overcharged with any expenses nor am I gonna get every month a new toy.

I know that headfi is addiction and I know most people here spend hours and hours everyday
and read about headphones,but come on this is enough.Right now I got a d5000 which I
traded with someone here for my amp and iem and I discovered something,it's not worth it.
There is a difference between it and hd650,it is a bit clearer with better timbre but so what?
it doesn't change the sound of the song,it is the same song but presented slighlty different.
The same is with my IEMs,the difference between each one is small and the song doesn't
sound different,just slighlty.when my wa6 arrives this week,I won't get anything else,my
collection is full for now and I discovered that although this hobby is seductive and great,
but the difference between headphones is very small to justify any purchase.

You always read"this headphone has slighlty more bass than the other,or has better
soundstage about 5% different".Guess what?I don't care.I found that when you buy
a very well mastered cd,it will sound phenomenal on ANY headphone or iem and you
can enjoy it fully with one headphone,and you will stop saying "I just want a bit more
air in the music".The cd will sound fantastic on anything.I found MY headphone to be
the hd650 and it performs every genres well and know I feel kind of dissapointed that
I bought d5000,ck10 and fx500.They are fantastic BUT for me right now and I am 18,
I don't care anymore and I don't want this "slightly better bass" found on another
headphone.Maybe when I become a millionare or rich,my perspective will change and
my vision about my theory will change,but right now I am out of the headphone world.

Maybe in the summer,I will concentrate on DIY and begin with it because I am an engineer,
first year in university and I want to improve my skills as I will choose electrical engineering
major next year and it seems like a great way to kill the time and learn tons of informations.
some will say"it will cost an arm and leg just like headphones".well,I don't mind spending my
money on something that I will benefit from,and my dad is fully willing to support me financially
in a thing that will make me better.

I have to say,I love headfi and I want to thank everyone here for the wonderful reviews and
impressions they posted to help newbies like me,but right now I will concentrate on my studies
and listening to great music with my setup at home and my ie8 when portable is needed.I hope
that anyone who is begining to get caught in this amazing seductive hobby and spending fortunes
on rigs and luxury headphones to ask him/herself "is it worth it?" if yes,then continue do what you
love and spend in what you think is right and if not,then you have to reconsider everything and only
settle with a nice rig that will satisfy you mostly for a long time just as I did.
My final thoughts or impressions will be on the woo audio appreciation thread and then I am done
with this journey that finally came to an end.

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #25 of 78
Praise: Nice place, cool people to meet and discuss audio topics with, etc

Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know why you guys make a big deal of it and I really don't like "sorry about your wallet" slogan or statment or whatever.as you can see in my signature,I have some nice headphones and iems and tube amp but I didn't take a single penny from the bank.I am 18 and university student and I don't spend much and I get every month a good amount of money from my parents which I save month after month to afford these luxury items,but I never go extreme and blow all my money for a headphone that only produce sound.There are more important things in life and anyone on this site should have self control over himself and know when enough is enough.I will never make my creditcard overcharged with any expenses nor am I gonna get every month a new toy.I know that headfi is addiction and I know most people here spend hours and hours everyday and read about headphones,but come on this is enough.Right now I got a d5000 which I traded with someone here for my amp and iem and I discovered something,it's not worth it.there is a difference between it and hd650,it is a bit clearer with better timbre but do what?it doesn't change the sound of the song,it is the same song but presented slighlty different.The same is with my IEMs,the difference between each one is small and the song doesn't sound different,just slighlty.when my wa6 arrives this weak,I won't get anything else,my collection is full for now and I discovered that although this hobby is seductive and great,but the difference between headphones is very small to justify any purchase.You always read"this headphone has slighlty more bass than the other,or has better soundstage about 5% different".Guess what?I don't care.I found that when you buy a vert well mastered cd,it will sound phenomenal on ANY headphone or iem and you can enjoy it fully with one headphone,and you will stop saying "I just want a bit more air in the music".The cd will sound fantastic on anything.I found MY headphone to be the hd650 and it performs every genres well and know I feel kind of dissapointed that I bought d5000,ck10 and fx500.They are fantastic BUT for me right now and I am 18,I don't care anymore and I don't want this "slighlt better bass" found on another headphone.Maybe when I become a millionare or rich,my perspective will change and my vision about my theory will change,but right now I am out of the headphone world.Maybe in the summer,I will concentrate on DIY and begin with it because I am an engineer,first year in university and I want to improve my skills as I will choose electrical engineering major next year and it seems like a great way to kill the time and learn tons of informations.some will say"it will cost an arm and leg just like headphones".well,I don't mind spending my money on something that I will benefit from,and my dad is fully willing to support me financially in a thing that will make me better.I have to say,I love headfi and I want to thank everyone here for the wonderful reviews and impressions they posted to help newbies like me,but right now I will concentrate on my studies and listening to great music with my setup at home and my ie8 when portable is needed.I hope that anyone who is begining to get caught in this amazing seductive hobby and spending fortunes on rigs and luxury headphones to ask him/herself "is it worth it?" if yes,then continue do what you love and spend in what you think is right and if not,then you have to reconsider everything and only settle with a nice rig that will satisfy you mostly for a long time.

Curse: The paragraph is your friend, man! It can be as simple as hitting the enter/return key now and then at random.

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #26 of 78
Will edit it,thanks.
Edit:you can remove my post from yours,i edited it and made spaces and enters,your post is ruining the page now
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:30 PM Post #27 of 78
Well, its easier for someone to rant when its in continuous form
tongue.gif

And yes, i quite agree with you on this mido.
Although I do apperciate hi fi audio, but I think my spending have reached a certain stage in audio whereby I am quite satisfied with my current gears, and anything higher would be quite.. not say useless/redundant, but not worth it.

at the very least, i was poisoned into audio by a sgd$30 earpump, and what a great difference it made in my life.. seriously.

Hehe, I also intend to go and study electronic and electrical engineering in my uni due to the interest brought to me by audio..
but now thinking further.. i guess being a triple E student in my country is hard to survive =/
Hence going to be a teacher
biggrin.gif
, quite secured and nice salary in my country..

Hmm.. so yeah, left upgrading my audiotrak imAmp to ld mk vii+, diy-balance my k701, diy xlr-xlr cables for dacmagic to ld mk vii+, diy rca to mono 6.3mm for my monitors, and get an iphone compatible customs in the future after my national service, and I am quite done.
smily_headphones1.gif

Wonder how life will be after that.. Head Fi After Math- HFAM anyone ?
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #29 of 78
We need counseling

or

get divorced wahahah
k701smile.gif

now hear this: I began the whole hifi escapade in '93 (college time) with a pair of Senheiser ovations. Then, about 15 years later, my entire CD collection was stolen. My entire Pink Floyd collection, Marillion, metal, rap, obscure soundtracks all gone. I was still a student and vowed not to buy the same CD's i already owned. Thus began the MP3 era and some cloned CD's.

I decide to buy a set of good cans after reading up on internet and this forum. The rest yoy can read.

But now this. I bought CD's again, I already owned 15 years ago, to discover again through my bloody Head-fi set!

Thank you Head-Fi!

Mar 20, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #30 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoldar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

now hear this: I began the whole hifi escapade in '93 (college time) with a pair of Senheiser ovations. Then, about 15 years later, my entire CD collection was stolen. My entire Pink Floyd collection, Marillion, metal, rap, obscure soundtracks all gone. I was still a student and vowed not to buy the same CD's i already owned. Thus began the MP3 era and some cloned CD's.

You spent 15 years in college?!?!?!

You discovered MP3's in 2008?!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back