crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Aug 9, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #2,956 of 3,338
Per Crinacle, on his EE sneak peek: “Full disclosure: my own personal budget ceiling for an IEM would be around $1,500 and most of the top-tier IEMs I’ve ranked hover around the 2k mark, so the Odin would have to exceed everything in my “S” tier in order to fully justify its pricing. At least in the opinion in this one guy on the internet.”

I can really get on board with this statement, and applaud it! Though personally, I’d stretch it to around $1700, to include such IEMs as the Sony IER-Z1R and the 64 Audio Nio. With the state of current Summit-Fi, and IEMs in the $6000 range, I like the idea of setting a personal price ceiling.
Fully agree, some of my personal favourites would include:
Pears Sh3
Dunu Luna
Campfire Andromeda
Xelento
Technics eah-tz700

I have yet to demo any audio64 And Sony IEM’s

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #2,957 of 3,338
Hi! Have you ever compared the QDC 5SH and the 4SS? I noticed the that they are ranked similarly.

Crinacle did auditioned them, that's why they are in the ranking. You can see the short notes he wrote about them in the ranking list

Aug 10, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #2,959 of 3,338
I noticed the IEM list seems to be a bit outdated, maybe he's too busy or is that for supporters?

For example, he reviewed the Blessing 2 but that hasn't been reflected on the list yet.

There's lots to read on his page, things like supporting his darkest desires with $$$ if you want insider circle info.

If you think head-fi has a rabbit hole, you haven't experienced Crinnacle at all...

Aug 11, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #2,960 of 3,338
I noticed the IEM list seems to be a bit outdated, maybe he's too busy or is that for supporters?

For example, he reviewed the Blessing 2 but that hasn't been reflected on the list yet.

He doesn't update the list regularly iirc.
Once he has reviewed a bunch of iems, then he will update the list all at once, and of course his supporters will get to see it first, while the rest of us will see it few days later

His reviews always has the ranking for the reviewed iem as well, so even if he have not update it into the list, you still get an idea of where it stands. Like for e.g Blessing 2 is ranked A+ in the review

Sep 28, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #2,962 of 3,338
Hey Crinacle , any chance you will test the Susvara and out it on your full size headphone list? @crinacle

Sep 28, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #2,963 of 3,338
I'd also be interested on his take on the Abyss Diana V2. I've never heard anyone compare the Phi to an Audeze-like tuning until I read crinacle's view.

Oct 2, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #2,964 of 3,338
Are there any iem list similiar to crinicle’s list that I can check out? Oh and full size list as well. Thankss

Oct 2, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #2,966 of 3,338
He's got a full-size list on his website, but the rankings look random at best.
Yeah and very few headphones on the list compared to iems ><

Oct 2, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #2,968 of 3,338
Are there any iem list similiar to crinicle’s list that I can check out? Oh and full size list as well. Thankss
I think RikudouGoku and BGGAR maintain lists. BGGAR to me is a bit random in his approach and some have said he favors certain vendors. But he comes up with good ideas from time to time but with caveats. Crinnacle seems to have a very specific sound he is looking for and not all may agree with that particular sound profile. In the case of Rikudou; I think he and I have similar tastes which makes it easier for me to follow his ideas. When we have overlapped on units I tend to agree with him. Though I think he is a bit more tolerant of the iBasso 00 than I would be.

Right now the amount of good options below $350 boggles my mind. Looking at head-fi I think there is user fatigue setting in. I am not sure what it would take to break through all the clutter.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #2,969 of 3,338
I think RikudouGoku and BGGAR maintain lists. BGGAR to me is a bit random in his approach and some have said he favors certain vendors. But he comes up with good ideas from time to time but with caveats. Crinnacle seems to have a very specific sound he is looking for and not all may agree with that particular sound profile.

Right now the amount of good options below $350 boggles my mind. Looking at head-fi I think there is user fatigue setting in. I am not sure what it would take to break through all the clutter.
I will check it out . Thanks .

Oct 2, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #2,970 of 3,338

Users who are viewing this thread

Back