crinacle's IEM Ranking List
May 12, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #2,896 of 3,338
Depends what you're looking for "upgrade" since we're talking about the flc8s (with its 36 config tuning). I remember loving the clear- clear- gold but couldn't buy it after getting a month's audition while it was on tour (loose fit/seal), so it's sound haunted me for years.

That said, the Cayin YB04 is definitely up your alley if you're looking for something neutral with a decent vocal push. I'm loving it pretty much since 90% of the reviews pretty much nailed it. Worth your time checking out.
Thanks man, I'll look into that one. I do red/grey/gunmetal on the FLC8s...I like subbass :)

May 13, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #2,897 of 3,338
Oops! Yes, the S8Z. I’m just so used to manufacturers just throwing on an X to names. Especially with cameras.

Haha no worries... it seems like (mass)Drop loves to add X to everything as well, audio or not :p

May 19, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #2,898 of 3,338
Hello friends,

I am looking to pair my QDC Anole VX with a copper cable or hybrid for a more musical sound and have narrowed it down to a few. I would love to get any feedback on which you'd recommended or other recommendations up to $350. Thanks!

PWAudio Anniversary Series No.5
Han Sound Audio | ZENTOO Plus
Eagle sign: CS Series UP-OCC COPPER
DUNU HULK

May 23, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #2,902 of 3,338
Depends what you're looking for "upgrade" since we're talking about the flc8s (with its 36 config tuning). I remember loving the clear- clear- gold but couldn't buy it after getting a month's audition while it was on tour (loose fit/seal), so it's sound haunted me for years.

That said, the Cayin YB04 is definitely up your alley if you're looking for something neutral with a decent vocal push. I'm loving it pretty much since 90% of the reviews pretty much nailed it. Worth your time checking out.
My first FLC8S was made with very poor tolerances and the filters kept coming loose. Eventually LMUE sent me a replacement pair that was way better in terms of tolerances. But by that time I had already bought the 8D (less parts to lose) and eventually sold the 8S pair.

My FLC8D is still my top pair but I have been enjoying my cheap thrills which are the BLON-03 and the ThieAudio Legacy 3. Funny, the Legacy 3 is the only pair that Crinnacle has not reviewed or tested to my knowledge and based on reading various reviews that is the pair to own.

May 23, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #2,903 of 3,338
Hello friends,

I am looking to pair my QDC Anole VX with a copper cable or hybrid for a more musical sound and have narrowed it down to a few. I would love to get any feedback on which you'd recommended or other recommendations up to $350. Thanks!

PWAudio Anniversary Series No.5
Han Sound Audio | ZENTOO Plus
Eagle sign: CS Series UP-OCC COPPER
DUNU HULK
Just giving my 2 cents, if u want a musical set, dont get a new cable, just find another iem that will deliver you musical sounding. You can't change clinical VX to musical sounding.

May 24, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #2,905 of 3,338
Anyone have the Lime Ears Model X? How do you like it? I’m curious b/c it’s on Drop currently, and Crin seemed to like it.

May 24, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #2,907 of 3,338
You really torched the Z1R and the HP3...

May 24, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #2,908 of 3,338
In case you haven't seen it yet... I'm branching out.

You need to add more headphone but i liked the list, too bad the list still lacking, some headphone like ibasso, oppo, meze99, sony Z7 and even grado, beyerdynamic & AKG headphone its not on the list yet at all, maybe you can add them in the future thanks, your effort very appreciated

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #2,909 of 3,338
Thanks man, I'll look into that one. I do red/grey/gunmetal on the FLC8s...I like subbass :)
red grey gunmetal is the real deal....

I run the 8D in gunmetal (it is already red gray by definition).

Hey Crinnacle, I know you were unimpressed with the ThieAudio line so far. I think you actually might be pleasantly surprised by the L3; worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back