crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Aug 6, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #2,101 of 3,338
I don't know, ER4 does lean bass with 1 driver. Lol.

The issue I have with ER4 is fit. I'm sure you can get better sound with good fit. I have to use foam, but works fine since deep insertion, but not as deep as triple flanges that I have fit issue with, which reduce bass significantly.

I have the NT6 and the measurements shows that the response doesn't decline going from upper-mids to treble, but a rise. I don't really hear it really intense in the treble as the graph would suggest.

For sure, ER4 and Hidition target response look different.

The provide QC measurement they provide with their units do not show a bump in the upper-mids like usual measurements. Perhaps they are compensated?

Hidition is a hearing a aid company as well.
i dont like deep insertion. That's why im using isine20 as my daily on the go driver.

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #2,102 of 3,338
The thing about FR is okay for knowing a lil bit about iem/headphones. But FR does nothing about the soundstage, decay, sound separation, etc. That's why sometimes i bought stuff according to FR but didnt like it.

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #2,103 of 3,338
@RockaRolla Did you get a discount on the Waltz? I thought they were closer to 800,000KRW

Nope, I got the universal Waltz at 690,000. Custom is 770,000

Hidition actually advised against going customs for Waltz because Waltz was designed and tuned as a UIEM

Aug 6, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #2,104 of 3,338

Hidition actually advised against going customs for Waltz because Waltz was designed and tuned as a UIEM

Ah. I thought that the Waltz had identical universal/custom prices like the NT1, NT-RM, and fixed-switch Viento. It's interesting that it has the biggest price gap between the two versions.

Aug 6, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #2,105 of 3,338
I was in SK for holiday few months back, and got to try out the full range of Hidition models, and they are seriously good for the money

Came home with a Waltz, their 3BA model.

Single type Viento(w/o switches) are better value for money though, since they are a slight step up and only cost around SGD$200+ more
How easily can hidition be found in korea? Do most audio shops stock them?

Aug 6, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #2,106 of 3,338

I don't think most audio shops stock them even though the brand itself is from korea. Hidition website do list the stores that have their products for auditioning/purchasing.

I went to Scheherazade in Gangnam, Seoul to audition. Awesome cafe/audio store concept, have a huge range of audio products to audition and they serve free tea/snacks as well. However, I did my purchasing from Hidition office

Aug 6, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #2,107 of 3,338

Just warning. I've heard their universal demos of NT6, NT6 pro, Viento, and the universal demo sound bright. I have NT6 custom and it doesn't sound like that. I don't understand how they can provide such demo, and expect customers get an idea of the tuning. This was last year, and hopefully they've tuned the unversals demos better.

Aug 6, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #2,108 of 3,338

There’s Schezade, Hidition, and a bunch of hearing aid places scattered throughout Korea I think. If you want to try the Violet, you’ll have to stop by the main office - if not, I recommend Schezade.

Aug 6, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #2,109 of 3,338
I don't think most audio shops stock them even though the brand itself is from korea. Hidition website do list the stores that have their products for auditioning/purchasing.

I went to Scheherazade in Gangnam, Seoul to audition. Awesome cafe/audio store concept, have a huge range of audio products to audition and they serve free tea/snacks as well. However, I did my purchasing from Hidition office

There’s Schezade, Hidition, and a bunch of hearing aid places scattered throughout Korea I think. If you want to try the Violet, you’ll have to stop by the main office - if not, I recommend Schezade.
Thank you so much for both of the replies. Hopefully I will have the chance to visit Korea again. Maybe next year

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #2,111 of 3,338
Sold it off

Sounds horrible after burn in w
Just so you know, ex800st more clear if you use longer tips. I pair it with 2 flange long tips and it clears highs a lil bit but not isine20+cipher+eq level. And yes, i do tape mode but not using tape since blocking with tape will reduce the airiness of ex800st. I use the fabric filter that used on nozzle i got from hifiman tips. I put 2 layer on each vents, it makes the highs more controlled.

Aug 9, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #2,115 of 3,338

Users who are viewing this thread

Back