crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Aug 1, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #2,071 of 3,338
Does s8pro will have a better price? Again i dont want meaty mids. I want pin point accuracy centric with a lot of details.
That's the S8 Pro. Its bass is slightly more than neutral for onstage monitoring and the treble is slightly "smooth" over sparkling, but all the detail is there. They're "stage neutral," not "studio neutral," if that makes sense.

IIRC, @crinacle had a good impression of them as well.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #2,072 of 3,338
That's the S8 Pro. Its bass is slightly more than neutral for onstage monitoring and the treble is slightly "smooth" over sparkling, but all the detail is there. They're "stage neutral," not "studio neutral," if that makes sense.

IIRC, @crinacle had a good impression of them as well.
Ill take a look crinacle review soon! Ive heard about s8pro but never intrigued

Aug 1, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #2,073 of 3,338
Aug 1, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #2,074 of 3,338
Aug 1, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #2,075 of 3,338
thank you.

cant find any used s8 pro so far. Only freedom. I feel like i don want to pay a full price for it. Ive had DM7 and didnt like it. Do they carry the same signature though?
Did you also consider Audiosense T800? People are saying it's U-shaped and much better cost in comparison to other suggestions. 8 knowles BA for about $300.

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #2,077 of 3,338
Aug 2, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #2,079 of 3,338
Aug 2, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #2,082 of 3,338
I'm looking to try out a Jomo iem, which one is the most technically proficient?

Overall? Flamenco.

Trinity if you’re looking for a hybrid and want that DD bass, Samba if you want something airier(?) and engaging at the cost of technical ability.

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #2,083 of 3,338
Overall? Flamenco.

Trinity if you’re looking for a hybrid and want that DD bass, Samba if you want something airier(?) and engaging at the cost of technical ability.
I don't understand what you mean overall is Flamenco, but Trinity if I want DD bass. Are you saying Trinity doesn't have the technical proficiency as Flamenco, but it just does bass better, or are you saying they both have the same level of technicalities (or Flamenco slight lower due to lack of DD bass) with Trinity edging it out int he bass department due to the DD?

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #2,084 of 3,338
I don't understand what you mean overall is Flamenco, but Trinity if I want DD bass. Are you saying Trinity doesn't have the technical proficiency as Flamenco, but it just does bass better, or are you saying they both have the same level of technicalities (or Flamenco slight lower due to lack of DD bass) with Trinity edging it out int he bass department due to the DD?

Yes to the first part. The way I remember it is that the Flamenco edges out the Trinity SS a bit in terms of overall technical proficiency, but that the Trinity's DD reproduces lower frequencies better than the Flamenco's 3 BAs.

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #2,085 of 3,338
Yes to the first part. The way I remember it is that the Flamenco edges out the Trinity SS a bit in terms of overall technical proficiency, but that the Trinity's DD reproduces lower frequencies better than the Flamenco's 3 BAs.
Thanks for the prompt response.

By the way, I tried the QDC Anole VX and wasn't impressed with the price performance. I thought bass was definitely an improvement compared to lower BA driver count iems, but the upper frequencies I wasn't fond of. I don't know if it's the weird dip in the 5-6k with large rise in the treble area, but it sounds like the treble sounds too strong that overshadows the mids to upper-mids area that I can describe as a bit of shrill sounding response that I've experienced with Chinese products. I've tried some Chinese DAPs even, and they tend to output what I call a shrill type of sound that boosts the treble a bit much, but lacking mids articulation. Also, the cable looks exactly like my Kanas pro cable. lol.

I didn't like what the switches did with the bass (warms it up a bit much). I found the switches useless. If this is the TOTL QDC with such tuning at such a price, I'm underwhelmed with the brand. I expect a lot more if they are looking to charge such a hefty price.

What is it with these $2k+ iems these days?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back