crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Aug 5, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #2,088 of 3,338
Aug 6, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #2,090 of 3,338
Viento is the ****. It puts to shame IEMs several times its price.
Hmmm. I wonder about tactility of it's bass given low count, which I think is the only area that matters when it comes to driver count. I feel like sometimes they will get a bunch of tiny drivers so that they can up the count. And bam, 18 drivers or whatever.

Hybrid is a solution for getting lots air moved, but doesn't that take up a lot of housing room as well? I wonder if there is any noticible difference from result of cross-over of hybrid vs using a bunch of BA for the low-end.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #2,091 of 3,338
Hmmm. I wonder about tactility of it's bass given low count, which I think is the only area that matters when it comes to driver count. I feel like sometimes they will get a bunch of tiny drivers so that they can up the count. And bam, 18 drivers or whatever.

Hybrid is a solution for getting lots air moved, but doesn't that take up a lot of housing room as well? I wonder if there is any noticible difference from result of cross-over of hybrid vs using a bunch of BA for the low-end.
not gonna lie that graph looks tempting to my sound preference. Lean bass with a lil thump at sub and focus on mids and highs. If it is not fatiguing, it will be a killer.

Aug 6, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #2,092 of 3,338
I was in SK for holiday few months back, and got to try out the full range of Hidition models, and they are seriously good for the money

Came home with a Waltz, their 3BA model.

Single type Viento(w/o switches) are better value for money though, since they are a slight step up and only cost around SGD$200+ more

Aug 6, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #2,093 of 3,338
I was in SK for holiday few months back, and got to try out the full range of Hidition models, and they are seriously good for the money

Single type Viento(w/o switches) are better value for money though, since they are a slight step up and only cost around SGD$200+ more
how do you describe the sound of the Waltz? how much does it cost, cant see anything on google

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #2,094 of 3,338
how do you describe the sound of the Waltz? how much does it cost, cant see anything on google

Exactly as you described in an earlier post. Its lively and energetic and has a similar graph to the Viento graph crinacle posted

I bought it for around 690,000 won

not gonna lie that graph looks tempting to my sound preference. Lean bass with a lil thump at sub and focus on mids and highs. If it is not fatiguing, it will be a killer.

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #2,095 of 3,338
Hi guys, is there any iem below $500 mark with a surgical signature. Pin point imaging, details whore, not fatiguing, non-congested sound meaning vocals, instrument are really well separated.
Let me knoww!

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #2,096 of 3,338
Exactly as you described in an earlier post. Its lively and energetic and has a similar graph to the Viento graph crinacle posted

I bought it for around 690,000 won
the price mark of $500 is so tempting. How i wish i can get it here :/

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #2,097 of 3,338

I'm pretty happy with the bass on my Viento. Having it in CIEM form also helps, since it guarantees proper insertion and seal.

However, when it comes down to it, I don't think BAs can beat or even match a properly done DD in the bass department. A hybrid should theoretically be the best of both worlds, but even when they have a well-implemented DD, I find that you end up making compromises somewhere else in the sound signature. I guess that seamless integration is really the challenge of designing a good hybrid?

DDs also definitely takes up a lot of the real estate in IEMs. Then again, so does stuffing a bunch of BA drivers.

Waltz is a great IEM too. I was considering getting it, but like you said, I couldn't help but pay that little extra for the fixed-switch Viento.

https://www.reddit.com/r/inearfidelity/comments/9y7aq4/hidition_waltz/ - That was Crinacle's post/FR graph on the Waltz.

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #2,098 of 3,338
@RockaRolla Did you get a discount on the Waltz? I thought they were closer to 800,000KRW

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #2,099 of 3,338
Pin point imaging, details whore, not fatiguing, non-congested sound meaning vocals, instrument are really well separated.
so, does Waltz has this?

Aug 6, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #2,100 of 3,338
I don't know, ER4 does lean bass with 1 driver. Lol.

The issue I have with ER4 is fit. I'm sure you can get better sound with good fit. I have to use foam, but works fine since deep insertion, but not as deep as triple flanges that I have fit issue with, which reduce bass significantly.

I have the NT6 and the measurements shows that the response doesn't decline going from upper-mids to treble, but a rise. I don't really hear it really intense in the treble as the graph would suggest.

For sure, ER4 and Hidition target response look different.

The QC measurement they provide with their units do not show a bump in the upper-mids like usual measurements. Perhaps they are compensated?

Hidition is a hearing a aid company as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back