crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Jan 15, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #1,562 of 3,338
Anybody knows which sellers sell the genuine sony mh755 on ebay? There seems like a lot of counterfeit one being sold there.

Jan 15, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #1,563 of 3,338
Anybody knows which sellers sell the genuine sony mh755 on ebay? There seems like a lot of counterfeit one being sold there.

i don't think the mh755 worth the effort to counterfeit as it is originally a cheap product meant for bundling. i bought two recently, both have different serial number, both have identical sound, and both are similar sounding (by memory, because it's been quiet a while) to my old unit that's bundled with my SBH20

Jan 16, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #1,565 of 3,338
Hey there crinacle great list, quick question , personally what is your favourite iem regardless of price and I also wanted to know what would be a better upgrade from fitear tg 334 , tia fourte or tia trio or u12t, used to have pfe 232, ie800 and then andromeda (bad fit to be honest) but great sounding and now fitear tg 334, most of my music is hippop, lofi, vocals, jazz, rnb

My music tastes are similar-ish to yours so I guess I can apply my own preferences to you. I kind of need a DD for proper basslines so the best out of the options you highlighted would probably be the Trio.

@crinacle is the qdc 8SL better for vocals or the 8SH? Are they worth upgrading from the 4SS?

Both are very similar to each other, I wouldn't say one is necessarily superior to the other in vocals, more like a different presentation. Worth is up to you.

Jan 16, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #1,566 of 3,338
thanks crinacle, but i wanted to know in little more detail why do you think trio is better than the flagship fourte and from your list it shows that u12t seems to be better than both trio and fourte how is that possible that a third or evern fourth ranking inear is able to be better than the flagship just curious, anyway I wanted to say your list is brilliant and I am only asking about 64 audio iems because I have not listened to them but for the rest of the iems I have had a listen ,your list is pretty accurate so thanks for your trained ears and hard-work

Jan 16, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #1,567 of 3,338
@crinacle between Sony M9, SD5 and PP8, which has the most detail retrieval? or is there one particular one that sticks out the most in your opinion.

i currently have a 1650 which i enjoy very much due to its energetic nature,

looking for something abit more similar to my ER4SR but not as "dead"

shortlisted FitEar Parterre but feedback seems like it excels for acoustic/classical most

cheers

Jan 16, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #1,568 of 3,338

since you're in MY,

come to sg sony store at orchard 313

it's only SGD200+

cheapest i've seen anywhere even online (thus far)

manager told me she can give a $5 discount (just take it as a free cup of starbucks from across the sony store)

Jan 16, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #1,569 of 3,338
Re
You may also consider a MH750 which is a normal length iem that comes with a mic and is the free earphone that comes with the Sony Xperia smartphones while the MH755 is a super short IEM which comes with sony's bluetooth player.

MH750 is slightly different from MH755, there was a graph somewhere which says the MH750 has a bigger bass boost compared to the MH755.

There are 2 ways of getting the MH755.
1) Getting one of the sony bluetooth player and you can be 100% sure that it is genuine MH755.
2) Getting one from the resellers. From what I know, sony was making these in huge quantity. Therefore the only way to get them is in huge boxes like these:
O1CN011UF5T6Fu74feLfM_!!3996652487.png

More information from one of the sellers from taobao for the white MH755(selling at 20rmb):
1) These required burn in.
2) The white version is new old stock from 2013 ( I finally understood what the seller really meant after reading the sentence for a few more times)
3) One order can come in 10 thousand earphones, that's why the price is cheaper than cabbage. Super good price to performance ratio.
4) Really have to respect Sony's manufacturing and choice of raw material. These have been in the warehouse for 5 years, no yellowing and no stickyness.
5) BUT!! the black version of MH755 is very very rare, which is why i sell them at 80rmb. So whoever is selling lower than this, you should know (implying that it is fake)
6) One way to see if it is genuine/authentic, look at the date and serial number:
O1CN0126Xp4mewWNIrpZQ_!!41587672.jpg

Authentic ones should have the same number at 3 places:
1) 13W36 (made in 2013 week 36)
2) the first 4 character of the serial number is 1336
3) there is another 1336 on the wrapping packages.

Disclaimer: I just try to translate what I see to share information for all those who are interested in the MH755. I am in no way related to the seller. Some of the information do seem fishy to me, but this is one of the top sellers for sony accessories in taobao.
I did order from taobao using taobao forwarding agent and the MH755 is on the way to me. I do also managed to find a used sony bluetooth player that comes with the black MH755 in my local marketplace(yet to receive them).

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #1,570 of 3,338
Yes the problem with the 334 is the bass is not the best and the treble extension is a less than I thought but the mids kind of hold the sound down together
The problem is mostly on the ToGo version of the 334. The custom version (to an extend the demo CIEM version as well) have tighten up the low end control. The SR version have significantly clear up the whole spectrum but made it slightly less warm.

The FitEar TG334! was completing against a totally different league of UIEM back then, but now with stuff like Andromeda, PP8, M9, it's starting to show it's age.

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #1,571 of 3,338
Re

You may also consider a MH750 which is a normal length iem that comes with a mic and is the free earphone that comes with the Sony Xperia smartphones while the MH755 is a super short IEM which comes with sony's bluetooth player.

MH750 is slightly different from MH755, there was a graph somewhere which says the MH750 has a bigger bass boost compared to the MH755.

There are 2 ways of getting the MH755.
1) Getting one of the sony bluetooth player and you can be 100% sure that it is genuine MH755.
2) Getting one from the resellers. From what I know, sony was making these in huge quantity. Therefore the only way to get them is in huge boxes like these:
O1CN011UF5T6Fu74feLfM_!!3996652487.png

More information from one of the sellers from taobao for the white MH755(selling at 20rmb):
1) These required burn in.
2) The white version is new old stock from 2013 ( I finally understood what the seller really meant after reading the sentence for a few more times)
3) One order can come in 10 thousand earphones, that's why the price is cheaper than cabbage. Super good price to performance ratio.
4) Really have to respect Sony's manufacturing and choice of raw material. These have been in the warehouse for 5 years, no yellowing and no stickyness.
5) BUT!! the black version of MH755 is very very rare, which is why i sell them at 80rmb. So whoever is selling lower than this, you should know (implying that it is fake)
6) One way to see if it is genuine/authentic, look at the date and serial number:
O1CN0126Xp4mewWNIrpZQ_!!41587672.jpg

Authentic ones should have the same number at 3 places:
1) 13W36 (made in 2013 week 36)
2) the first 4 character of the serial number is 1336
3) there is another 1336 on the wrapping packages.

Disclaimer: I just try to translate what I see to share information for all those who are interested in the MH755. I am in no way related to the seller. Some of the information do seem fishy to me, but this is one of the top sellers for sony accessories in taobao.
I did order from taobao using taobao forwarding agent and the MH755 is on the way to me. I do also managed to find a used sony bluetooth player that comes with the black MH755 in my local marketplace(yet to receive them).
Thank you so much for this great info

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #1,572 of 3,338
since you're in MY,

come to sg sony store at orchard 313

it's only SGD200+

cheapest i've seen anywhere even online (thus far)

manager told me she can give a $5 discount (just take it as a free cup of starbucks from across the sony store)
Sgd200 seriously? I thought the price should be around 10usd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back