crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Sep 27, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #3,181 of 3,338
If you are fine with your FW10000 then you'll be absolutely fine with the A8000. Give it a shot. My ears are sensitive to treble, hence the impression. I'd take a pair of A8000 if I have something neutral or warm as my daily drivers, and just use the A8000 when I want some wow factor. But I wouldn't take it if it is the only pair I have to live with.
How hot are we talking here? HD800S or hotter?

Sep 27, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #3,183 of 3,338
How hot are we talking here? HD800S or hotter?
It's hard to compare the fatigue factor between IEM and HP because of multi-BA phase issues. Jerry Harvey talked about this in a video that I can't remember off the top, but basically at the same level of brightness on FR, IEM is more fatiguing than HP. With that, I'm fine with HD800S bright but not A8000 bright.

Sep 27, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #3,184 of 3,338
Honestly guys, I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the A8000. There's just some intangible aspect about it that's drawing me to it. It looks like Final is awesome for customer service and the company's vision is awesome - I kinda wanna support that.
Can fight your ears, but can't fight your heart! :D

Sep 27, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #3,185 of 3,338
It's hard to compare the fatigue factor between IEM and HP because of multi-BA phase issues. Jerry Harvey talked about this in a video that I can't remember off the top, but basically at the same level of brightness on FR, IEM is more fatiguing than HP. With that, I'm fine with HD800S bright but not A8000 bright.
Thanks, the helps!

I don't listen to music very loud at all so I'm not sure it will be much of a problem.

Oct 8, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #3,188 of 3,338
Hi folks,

Is there an IEM that could match Utopia detail retrieval/dynamics/pin point imaging ? Tonality must be good at least as I'm sensitive to any harshness and want to avoid any dry sounding IEM's . Utopia actually hits the sweet spot for me without being tiring. Now I'm not fully aware how far IEM can go in terms of performance, but I do have earsonics em10. It has nice tonality, but lacks on technical side of things and quite by a large margin when I compare it against Utopia. Most importantly though it sounds a bit dead and boring with electronica.

The price range would be up to 2000$ and I can go via used IEM market as well. Through short reviews I drilled down to theaudio Monarch, 64 U12T, 64 trio, Andromeda, Empire Ears Legend X(more excited for the good bass and hoping to match utopia tech) ?

I'm a bit worried to rush into a sidegrade with a bit different flavor. Unfortunately I've got no chance to audition any IEM either

Oct 8, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #3,189 of 3,338
Based on what you’re looking for, I’d go U12t.

I do think there are better iems out there, but for $2k (or around $1200 - $1300 used,) there’s very little that beats it.

Oct 8, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #3,190 of 3,338
Hi folks,

Is there an IEM that could match Utopia detail retrieval/dynamics/pin point imaging ? Tonality must be good at least as I'm sensitive to any harshness and want to avoid any dry sounding IEM's . Utopia actually hits the sweet spot for me without being tiring. Now I'm not fully aware how far IEM can go in terms of performance, but I do have earsonics em10. It has nice tonality, but lacks on technical side of things and quite by a large margin when I compare it against Utopia. Most importantly though it sounds a bit dead and boring with electronica.

The price range would be up to 2000$ and I can go via used IEM market as well. Through short reviews I drilled down to theaudio Monarch, 64 U12T, 64 trio, Andromeda, Empire Ears Legend X(more excited for the good bass and hoping to match utopia tech) ?

I'm a bit worried to rush into a sidegrade with a bit different flavor. Unfortunately I've got no chance to audition any IEM either
The U12t is the IEM that reminds me the most of the Utopia. Neutral, fast, detailed, highly technical.

Oct 8, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #3,191 of 3,338
Hi folks,

Consider A8000. I’m treble sensitive and don’t have an issue with it. It’s incredibly resolving and reminds me of the Utopia.

Oct 9, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #3,192 of 3,338
Consider A8000. I’m treble sensitive and don’t have an issue with it. It’s incredibly resolving and reminds me of the Utopia.

thanks I’ll have a look on it too. I’m really interested of Monarch too. Just for the reason how far chinese can push in terms of performance now

Oct 14, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #3,193 of 3,338
Just to give the wheel one more spin…
It seems like you’re putting a lot of thought and energy into this decision. It doesn’t seem like you want to purchase and part with this set in under a month.
I have the U12t and IER-Z1R and MEST mk1. I’ve also auditioned the A8000 and could have bought them used for almost 50% off.
But you know what gets the most play. My custom fit IEMs. There’s something about a perfect fit that makes them so much easier to put on and keep them in. They always have a perfect seal and I don’t have to adjust them as I go through my day. Customs are like bionic IEMs.
You’re clearly going to make an investment in yourself, so why not jump in with both feet?

And don’t try and go half way and get custom silicone tips, because they’re not as comfortable as acrylic.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #3,195 of 3,338
Just to give the wheel one more spin…
It seems like you’re putting a lot of thought and energy into this decision. It doesn’t seem like you want to purchase and part with this set in under a month.
I have the U12t and IER-Z1R and MEST mk1. I’ve also auditioned the A8000 and could have bought them used for almost 50% off.
But you know what gets the most play. My custom fit IEMs. There’s something about a perfect fit that makes them so much easier to put on and keep them in. They always have a perfect seal and I don’t have to adjust them as I go through my day. Customs are like bionic IEMs.
You’re clearly going to make an investment in yourself, so why not jump in with both feet?

And don’t try and go half way and get custom silicone tips, because they’re not as comfortable as acrylic.

Yes I'm mainly using my custom IEM EM10 too, the comfort is on different level compared to universals that I had. No need to worry about tips and fit issues, but EM10 do sound a bit too soft. I quite enjoy them over my desktop equipment and strangely they have good synergy with mojo. So as of now I'm looking into DAP upgrade which would pair nicely with EM10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back