crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Mar 15, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #2,821 of 3,338
Need some advice for pairing with the Anole VX.

I just ordered the anole vx and I cant wait to get it, upgrading from EE phantom with Dragonfly cobalt pairing. I would like to purchase a DAP and have been considering buying either the Hiby r6 pro or the Cayin n6ii E01 (I use tidal mostly). I know the N6ii would be the better pairing however is it justified spending the extra $700 for it over the R6 pro?

Any other dap recommendations?

Thanks

Mar 15, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #2,822 of 3,338

I just ordered the anole vx and I cant wait to get it, upgrading from EE phantom with Dragonfly cobalt pairing. I would like to purchase a DAP and have been considering buying either the Hiby r6 pro or the Cayin n6ii E01 (I use tidal mostly). I know the N6ii would be the better pairing however is it justified spending the extra $700 for it over the R6 pro?

Thanks
Be aware, I had the vx plugged into my cobalt connected to my Iphone x and I got a very strong static noise. Not sure why. Maybe my unit was faulty

Mar 15, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #2,823 of 3,338
Be aware, I had the vx plugged into my cobalt connected to my Iphone x and I got a very strong static noise. Not sure why. Maybe my unit was faulty
That’s definitely a faulty unit. The dragonfly red will make it hiss but static is either a grounding issue which can’t be the case or a faulty unit/adapter

Mar 15, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #2,824 of 3,338

Thanks
I support the R6Pro. It’s firmware is really dialled in now and it’s solid. There’s are some issues with RF interference, but the form factor, power and features are excellent for the price. There also the aluminium version which is lighter and less expensive.

Mar 15, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #2,827 of 3,338

Thanks
I haven’t used either so I can’t chime in on those two specifically, but just wanted to say as a Tidal subscriber I would assume you would want MQA support, which neither unit does. Slotting between both of those price-wise is the iBasso DX220, which is very popular here and supports MQA. I’ve read mixed feedback on the smoothness of the UX though.

FiiO M11 Pro is also a nice unit and MQA support will be added shortly and it’s only slightly more than the R6 Pro. I previously owned one and I was quite happy with it (upgraded to the M15, which I can also recommend but I think is pricier than you’re looking to spend).

Mar 15, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #2,828 of 3,338

Thanks
As for me, the best pairing was Anole vx with Hifiman R2R2000. But it’s about sound quality not usability)

Mar 15, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #2,830 of 3,338
Nope. I think the moat sensitive iem that I’ve used it with is Fearless S8f. I definitely get a slight hiss
Ah then it might be because the anole is generally overly sensitive to even low impedance sources

Mar 15, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #2,833 of 3,338
I thought MQA only works via desktop app?

Nope, works on iOS or Android, just need the right combo of hardware/software depending on the device.

iOS just need the Tidal app and an MQA capable external DAC.
Android is a bit more complicated because Android SRC resamples everything to 16/48, so you need either:

Phone with compatible software with Core decoder, such as UAPP, and an external MQA capable external DAC
Phone with built-in MQA capable hires DAC, such as LG, with compatible software with Core decoder such as UAPP
DAP with customized Android OS that bypasses the Android SRC, which is what Astell&Kern, HiBy, iBasso, et al do.

Mar 17, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #2,835 of 3,338
I support the R6Pro. It’s firmware is really dialled in now and it’s solid. There’s are some issues with RF interference, but the form factor, power and features are excellent for the price. There also the aluminium version which is lighter and less expensive.

how do u find R6 Pro vs R5?

i too was impressed w R6 Pro Alu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back