crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Jan 23, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #2,686 of 3,338
Anyone who makes blanket statements like "x product is unequivocally better than y" especially when theyre comparing current flagships to something half the price is certainly trying to sell you something. Zeos does this all the time too and it's not surprising, it sells. People don't want to think and compare, they just want to be told for sure they're saving a bunch of money and beating the system. I think that's why we all appreciate crin ability to cut through the bs and see what actually stands up. Just be patient

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #2,687 of 3,338
My fear is it to buy the thieaudio voyager 14 (999 bucks), because he recommened it and ranked it higher than the vx and u12t and in fact it is not better than this two totl iems, because he maybe was paid from linsoul to say something like that. Sure i want to safe some money and get the best sound for the price, but i don't want to loose so much money, because someone rec'd it and in fact it is some "china crap". I know it doesn't tell me the whole story how it sounds, but did he do a measurement of the voyager 14? I can't find anything.

There is no benefit to pre-ordering. He will get around to it. Just wait.

Remember the Fearless Rolands burned only people who preordered. There is no hurry.

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #2,689 of 3,338
My fear is it to buy the thieaudio voyager 14 (999 bucks), because he recommened it and ranked it higher than the vx and u12t and in fact it is not better than this two totl iems, because he maybe was paid from linsoul to say something like that. Sure i want to safe some money and get the best sound for the price, but i don't want to loose so much money, because someone rec'd it and in fact it is some "china crap". I know it doesn't tell me the whole story how it sounds, but did he do a measurement of the voyager 14? I can't find anything.

Mate, it's one person's subjective opinion, nothing more. If you can, try to test drive the IEMs you are considering to buy, that's always the best approach.

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #2,690 of 3,338
that's why people should still do their own research and not follow every opinions from someone blindly. just because we and the reviewer agree on one or two products, doesn't mean all their words from that point on suddenly turns into gospel, and blame them for our buying decisions.

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #2,691 of 3,338
Does anyone recommend an IEM for gaming? I'm speaking about Escape from Tarkov :D

Or I might just use a MDR-Z1R, but I need something with isolation because my gaming laptop emits loud noise.

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #2,693 of 3,338
Mate, it's one person's subjective opinion, nothing more. If you can, try to test drive the IEMs you are considering to buy, that's always the best approach.
True. You have to figure out the person's preference. For the most part it would be consistant if the reviewer isn't a "it's all good, nothing wrong" shiller. This is why real opinions are needed agreeable or not.

Jan 24, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #2,694 of 3,338
Does anyone recommend an IEM for gaming? I'm speaking about Escape from Tarkov :D

Or I might just use a MDR-Z1R, but I need something with isolation because my gaming laptop emits loud noise.

I've used the Campfire Lyra II for gaming. Has quite good imaging/location capabilities, pleasant sound and are pretty affordable. Their main caveat is that you have to use them with foam tips. They're shockingly terrible with silicone tips.

Jan 25, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #2,696 of 3,338
InEar ProPhile 8

Jan 25, 2020 at 10:49 AM Post #2,697 of 3,338
If it makes you feel any better I own 2 (going to be 3 including the Voyager 14) of HBBs top box right now. I actually agree with the EJ07 being better than the S8 and thus I am very very interested to get the Voyager 14.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back