crinacle's IEM Ranking List
Jul 22, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #2,026 of 3,338
New products from earsonics have nothing to do with their old production.
Purple , EM64 , Grace are all very good IEMs , with different sound signature (purple are more tuned like EM64 , which are much different than Grace)
I started to like their IEMs since S-EM9, not before to be honest. I think that Purple/EM64 are offering a very good price /performance ratio

Right now the EM64 is ranking just as high as VE8 or Phantom in my book, very high value for money...

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #2,027 of 3,338
@crinacle excited for your full update. I have your Patreon but seeing on Head-Fi with more detail will be nice :)

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #2,028 of 3,338
Jul 24, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #2,029 of 3,338
Man I love the K10’s tuning. It’s so easy going and works with literally any song. Also, the phase handling is the best I’ve listened for multi-drivers since JH Audio’s stuff and the Andromedas. It’s really nice :)

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #2,030 of 3,338
Man I love the K10’s tuning. It’s so easy going and works with literally any song. Also, the phase handling is the best I’ve listened for multi-drivers since JH Audio’s stuff and the Andromedas. It’s really nice :)
I had K10 for 1 year and I used a lot as portable audio with my S8+ and my Note 9. Then i sold it when andromeda came in my collection. Similar, but Anromeda has a larger and wider sound stage. With andromeda, properly filled the sound - the detail - is simply holographic but not exactingly harsh or fatiguing. With K10 all was right but too monitor and cold for me.

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #2,032 of 3,338
I listened to my K10U exclusively until I didn't :p

My current preference is more for something laid back - that can still stretch - like the TE5B. While bringing out vocals, the K10 feels like it 'squishes' the mid-bass and opts out of treble 'shimmers/flutters'. For whatever reason, my brain picks out the tone variations much better on the TE5B. Now I throw on my K10 and go "wow, that sounds really nice"; then I switch back to the Hyla and go "wow, that sounds really nice". :)

Oh, how much $ is spent on a specific individual's idea of how the SAME SOUND should be reconstructed.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #2,035 of 3,338
After reading some of these impressions it seems like there should be a “Purgatory A” category :)

The list is quite long haha.

Jul 25, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #2,036 of 3,338
I have the EX800ST currently and they sound ok unamped

Amped better tho

However it’s still at burn in period so it sounds muddy & veiled
does it even changed? I think ex800st is meant to be warm mids which i kinda dislike tho.... Rarely use it now. Burn in helps? Not really a burn in believer since the changes is tooo damn small to notice. More like brain burn in.

Jul 26, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #2,039 of 3,338
does it even changed? I think ex800st is meant to be warm mids which i kinda dislike tho.... Rarely use it now. Burn in helps? Not really a burn in believer since the changes is tooo damn small to notice. More like brain burn in.
Brain burn-in definitely exists, or how could I like the IEMs I like? :)

Transducer burn-in has always been limited (or clustered) around specific drivers / products, which I'm willing to accept as specific cases instead of a given norm.

HIFIMAN explicitly states to allow for burn-in on the TWS6000 due to transducer coating: "The TWS600 features HIFIMAN’S Topology Diaphragm, an essential element in high-end headphones that requires a break-in period before maximum performance is achieved. Please allow 10-20 hours of use before evaluating the sound."

Then again, maybe HIFIMAN is smartly playing on brain burn-in.. :deadhorse:

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #2,040 of 3,338
Brain burn-in definitely exists, or how could I like the IEMs I like? :)

Transducer burn-in has always been limited (or clustered) around specific drivers, which I'm willing to accept as exceptions instead of the norm.

HIFIMAN explicitly states to allow for burn-in on the TWS6000 due to transducer coating: "The TWS600 features HIFIMAN’S Topology Diaphragm, an essential element in high-end headphones that requires a break-in period before maximum performance is achieved. Please allow 10-20 hours of use before evaluating the sound. "

Then again, maybe HIFIMAN is smartly playing on brain burn-in.. :deadhorse:

Seems like there’s a consensus between my local botique retailer and info around this forum. 10-20+ hours.

200+ hours is just excessive. I’ve heard sound “changing” at 500+ in some posts here...o.o;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back