Creepy guy at party (story)
Oct 1, 2006 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

AC1

500+ Head-Fier
I am telling this story because this is probably the creepiest guy I have ever encountered. Now I have met a lot of sleezy guys, but this one pretty much takes the cake and pushes into the creepy territory.
This is something that happened at a co-workers house warming party yesterday where it was generally an older 40+ crowd. Also interesting (for me) was another revelation. The hostess (my co-worker) has her own team which of course came to the party, but they along with me were probably the youngest people there, being in the 25-30 range.

Now the people from the hostess' team that came were her assistant and a CS (customer service) person which I have had drinks with before etc and where they came to the house warming together. Well one interesting thing that was revealed was that the CS person brought her girlfriend. This was not a complete shock or anything since people have mentioned it before, but I never really paid attention to it or cared that much about it, but it answered a few questions I guess. The girlfriend was actually pretty cool, she was polish and spoke it fluently.

Ok onto the rest of the story. So this one guy, looked early 40ish, skinny, conservative looking, that was hanging around them. After the girls had had a few drinks, he laid on his interest thick. He first talked to the CS person's girlfriend for a minute, didn't hear that convo. Then he talked to the CS person and said something like, if you like wine you should come back to my place for a drink. This was after maybe having talked to her for total of a minute. Of course she said, sorry I am already going home with her (girlfriend). His response was something like oh, well I hope you have room for one more. Nice. Right after that he moved onto the assistant which later on we find out he was infatuated with. First thing we were talking about was how to pronounce the assistants name since it could have a lot of variations of it and then it went to how much he liked her boots which was part of his fascination apparently. To get her # he took out a business card and wrote her name phonetically and wrote in an area code so she would have to fill in the rest of her #. Smooth.

Now here is the creepy part of the matter. Since this guys family knows the host's husband, he had brought his mom and a friend. After the girls came to the party, he apparently sent his mom and friend home! He also fully admitted to the hostess that he sent them home because the girls came and he was very interested in the assistant and how good she looked in the boots. Bwaahahaha. I was like wow, that is the creepiest thing I have ever heard. I am ok with sleazy guys, but this really pushes it into the creepy territory. The hostess had actually warned her team about this guy and to watch out for him, so they did know what was up, even though it was already obvious enough. This guy totally lived up to his rep.

Here is my take on what this guy did. I have to say that being this direct could work in certain situations. Usually in a club\resort\bar or something where there is a vibe to hook up. Now doing it at some friends party and being this direct without even making a connection with the person (or really not setting anything up for someone to be receptive to this) just makes you look sleezy . He went right into it not having talked to them for over a minute. He also did not have the look/personality to back up being this direct. If you are going to do something like this you really have to have a persona to back this up or you are going to come off looking sleezy and at worst creepy to girls.

I did not stay there that long to see what other things happened. But what was interesting was the the CS persons girlfriend really wanted me to hang out with them some more after the house warming. I didn't even think that I was being particularly entertaining or all that interesting to them. I was just vibing with her and finding out about her interesting past, well I guess that is the difference between making a connection and not, where just simple vibing can get you somewhere.
I also saw an old co-worker where I did a little networking since she has hook-ups to get theater show tickets at the new auditorium that was built here in OC. Overall it was pretty entertaining night.

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 51
i have friends who will not invite personal friends to their house for fear that they will bring their gf/bf.

why was this person invited? i didnt catch that, do you know?

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
i have friends who will not invite personal friends to their house for fear that they will bring their gf/bf.

why was this person invited? i didnt catch that, do you know?

This guys mom knows some of the other guests and the hostess' husband so it was like a family friend thing I believe.

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 51
only thing worse than office politics is out-of-office socializing. i usually make a beeline home or chill with friends i've made on my own. hey, i like watercooler talk as much as anyone, but i try to keep it professional there. in the long run you don't develop a "fun" rep, but there's no chance of bad blood there either. sorry you ran into a creep!

Oct 1, 2006 at 6:59 PM Post #5 of 51
[size=xx-small]My take...[/size]

Sounds like you were crushing over the Polish GF, and were wishing you had the cojones to mack on her the way the other dude did. Admit it.

While he may not have had the most polished delivery or been the most debonaire, this sort of thing goes on every day, everywhere.

Oct 1, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #6 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
[size=xx-small]My take...[/size]

Sounds like you were crushing over the Polish GF, and were wishing you had the cojones to mack on her the way the other dude did. Admit it.

While he may not have had the most polished delivery or been the most debonaire, this sort of thing goes on every day, everywhere.

Uh no, no wishes there, why would I "mack" on a chick that doesn't play on the same team. Why? I need a challenge or something? And really, if I was, I was way farther ahead than that other guy since she wanted me to hang out with them at the end.

I am sure it happens all the time, and I am not even being below some form of sleazy. Never had to send my mom home because of it though.
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #7 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by AC1
why would I "mack" on a chick that doesn't play on the same team.

Why? Same reason as the other dude. Because she was hot, that's why.

Once you learn that the worse people can do is say 'no', why not put it out there? Sure, you can hone your approach so that it's not so schmarmy. But obviously he wasn't looking for an LTR. He was looking for sex, and hoping to score with two women at once. He saw his opening and took a shot. The possibility with these two girls is that they might swing both ways. Worse case (other than them saying no), he gets to watch. Win-win either way.

Not that I condone that sort of indiscriminate behaviour, or would necessarily approach the situation like this dude. But this is the real world and the 21st century.

Oh, and she wanted to hang out with you because she thought you were harmless.

Oct 1, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #8 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Why? Same reason as the other dude. Because she was hot, that's why.

Once you learn that the worse people can do is say 'no', why not put it out there? Sure, you can hone your approach so that it's not so schmarmy. But obviously he wasn't looking for an LTR. He was looking for sex, and hoping to score with two women at once. He saw his opening and took a shot. The possibility with these two girls is that they might swing both ways. Worse case (other than them saying no), he gets to watch. Win-win either way.

Not that I condone that sort of indiscriminate behaviour, or would necessarily approach the situation like this dude. But this is the real world and the 21st century.

Oh, and she wanted to hang out with you because she thought you were harmless.

Ok, I am not in disagreement on what he was looking for or that really 'no' is the worst thing someone can say. Ya, and I am in plenty realization that this is the "real" world and what goes on, however you want to make it look like I am prudish and don't understand about these things since I called something out in this one post. There plenty of things I've done that could get called out to, so I am no way beneath it. Hey, I just thought it was funny the length it went to.

I see your point about being harmless. Oh well, at co-worker related things I am toned down. Oh wait, are you gonna call me out now that being co-workers is only an excuse and I should man up so I can hit on everyone at work to?
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #9 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by AC1
I should man up so I can hit on everyone at work to?

I think you should go after whatever you want to go after. No one is gonna give it to you without trying. Just remember there's always a price, either way.

Cheers mate
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #10 of 51
OK, in my defence I was only chatting up the lesbians and trying to get them back to my place because I wanted some tips on playing pool (9 ball specifically). And the woman I chatted up with the boots was just because they looked like my size, and I thought they might look hot with my fishnet stockings. As for sending my Mom home early, that was only because I wanted a nice snack waiting when I got home, and my laundry needed washing.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 1, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #12 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
Giggity giggity.

LOL, that is hilarious, never thought about it like that. But ya, similar kind of vibe really.

Oct 1, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #13 of 51
The guy was hitting on her... pretty hard too I take it. i dont see what the big deal is, happens all the time. Thats when the gal busts out the fake number, and walks away.

Now... if he continued to stalk her or followed her home, thats taking it too far IMHO.

I don't really see anything wrong with friendly flirting... it wasn't MY style when I was dating... but it works for some.

Did she appear to be uncomfortable at all with his advances?

Oct 1, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #14 of 51
No way to know without being there, but he does sound a bit on the creepy side to me.

Guess I'm going to have to try to catch Family Guy. It does sound funny.

Oct 1, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #15 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
The guy was hitting on her... pretty hard too I take it. i dont see what the big deal is, happens all the time. Thats when the gal busts out the fake number, and walks away.

Now... if he continued to stalk her or followed her home, thats taking it too far IMHO.

I don't really see anything wrong with friendly flirting... it wasn't MY style when I was dating... but it works for some.

Did she appear to be uncomfortable at all with his advances?

I have no problems with a hard hit or that part of it was a big deal. My comment was what I thought the "pitfalls" of such a direct approach which just didn't seem to work for him, but who knows.

Sure there was a certain level of uncomfortability there becuase he was a "family" friend of the host, so she didn't want to "offend" him (this was her reasoning not mine).

I agree that you should go for whatever you want and props to him for that. But when you are obsessing over boots, sending your mom home, and doing this in front of all the older people that you know. Seems kind of creepy to me, though funny in that Family Guy sort of way that Markl hit on.
Though I guess I could be wrong about it all, and it is just status quo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back