Creative xfi 2 with ibasso t3 and senn hd 25-1 II
Aug 21, 2010 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

heyheykuk

New Head-Fier
I lost my ipod classic so im going too buy a new mp3 player, amp and headphones.
After some searching i decided to go for Creative x-fi 2, sennheiser hd25-1 II and ibasso t3.
I'm listening to dubstep, drum and bass, electronica and some rap.
Whats your thoughts/opinions of my setup?
How much improvement will the amp give?

Aug 22, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #3 of 8
Also, one more question.
If im buying the T3 should i buy the "[size=medium]Ibasso CB06 High purity copper 3.5 to 3.5 interconnect?"[/size]
[size=medium]Will i notice any difference from using that cable vs the stock one ?[/size]

Aug 22, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #6 of 8
a line out is supposed to give you a clear signal to amplify, as opposed to the headphone out which apparently uses the players internal amp as well, resulting in what they call double amping. I'm sure other people on the forum can further explain a line out, but as for some players that come with them, sansa fuze has a line out, as well as most ipods, zunes, and the nationite s:flo does as well. Hope that helps.

Aug 22, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
a line out is supposed to give you a clear signal to amplify, as opposed to the headphone out which apparently uses the players internal amp as well, resulting in what they call double amping. I'm sure other people on the forum can further explain a line out, but as for some players that come with them, sansa fuze has a line out, as well as most ipods, zunes, and the nationite s:flo does as well. Hope that helps.

thank you, that helps

Aug 22, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #8 of 8
oh and btw most of these players need a special cable in order to access the line out, Fiio makes them for the sansa fuze and ipod, it's called the L3 and L6 they are a pretty cheap alternative to having someone make you one or trying to make one yourself.  http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L6-Line-Cable-Sansa/dp/B003UCGGB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1282534333&sr=8-1
so you wouldn't want to get that mini to mini cable if you plan on using a line-out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back