Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Sep 7, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #707 of 1,001
To be honest, I couldn't really say there's a noticeable difference....and the speaker simulation is still not really there...

Still very conscious of the 'sound pressure' coming from the earcups, unlike some of the presets in OOYH, you almost cannot feel anything from the earcups. With just a slight effort, you can totally convince yourself the sounds are coming from physical speakers in front of you. Sort of like a difference between a real ventriloquist and someone pretending to throw their voice...

Sep 7, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #708 of 1,001
Been listening to it now for an hour - it's much better. I really enjoy listening to music this way. I ran a channel ID check and it sounds like the rear/side channels are in a different room than the front. Maybe they recorded a different room.

It's getting to the point where the difference between this and Impulcifer is preference. Impulcifer has the advantage of any headphones being compensated for. That has been the frustration with SXFI for me - no new headphones since launch really.

Sep 7, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #709 of 1,001
you here it on the computer after new sxfi head calibration?
I noticed something new also but for some reason my old profile is better. Ive being going back forward and forward betwee my 3 profiles. by date are from old to new. 12, 3, 6. so the 12 was the first and it sounds the best. 3 and 6 sound weird, they lose the spatial feeling, 3d feel

Sep 7, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #710 of 1,001
It's really hard to remember how things sound before. I only have one mapping that didn't get front localisation. But the most recent one has the best sounding for two channel music.

PS - on the Galaxy s10 at least, you can enable SXFI without using the amp. It works with the s10's 3.5mm output. That way you can switch between mappings instantly if you want to A vs B. On the amp it takes a little while to upload

Sep 7, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #712 of 1,001
Well, they haven't bothered to add Massdrop Sennheiser PC37x yet. I requested it like 3-4 months ago when I got the AMP.

Unless they end up adding it, I'm pretty much stuck with SXFI feature turned off permanently... Which is okay for me but still kinda sucks that the main feature is useless at the moment.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #715 of 1,001
In situations where headphone compensation is needed but your headphones aren't supported - you can use AutoEQ's sound signature feature to equalize your headphone to sound like one that's already compensated for.

https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq

Once you've installed it, check out "Using Sound Signatures".

Very Interesting!! Will check it out! Thank you

Sep 8, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #716 of 1,001
In situations where headphone compensation is needed but your headphones aren't supported - you can use AutoEQ's sound signature feature to equalize your headphone to sound like one that's already compensated for.

for which kind of headphones are we talking about? 800s or lower tier

Sep 9, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #717 of 1,001

What would one do in the instance that they have a DT 770 Black Mage. It's a supported headphone but its modded.

Sep 11, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #719 of 1,001
Well, they haven't bothered to add Massdrop Sennheiser PC37x yet. I requested it like 3-4 months ago when I got the AMP.

Unless they end up adding it, I'm pretty much stuck with SXFI feature turned off permanently... Which is okay for me but still kinda sucks that the main feature is useless at the moment.

I'll help you send in a request for the PC37x. It could be they assess popularity by the number of separate requests they get!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back