Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Apr 22, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #541 of 1,001
yesterday I was watching the latest Game of Thrones episode, very dialogue heavy episode by the way... Was using the AMP and with the SXFI ON I did notice the reverb at first, in about 5 mins I completely forgot about it. Occasionally I would turn it OFF and the whole image would collapse to my ears. I would put it back ON and it went back to what now I felt was a more "natural" presentation. Definitely much more enjoyable with it ON than OFF. I hope they work out the reverb soon though, but after last night, I realized that at least for me, it is not such a big deal. So far I had been using it for gaming only and then I used my LH Labs Pulse X Infinity for music and movies. It was a pleasant surprise.

EDIT: Forgot to add, I am using the Senheiser HD600 with the HD598 profile as it supposedly has a sound signature very similar to the HD600. So far its sounding good. I get the surround effects and the front image feels in front of me instead of an arch above me, which is always nice!

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #542 of 1,001
I've performed a new round of head mapping with the help of a colleague who also owns the AIR. And sadly, nothing much has changed. I guess the SXFI effect just doesn't sit well with me. Instead of experiencing the purported expansiveness of sound, I get a strong sense of claustrophobia. The only saving grace is that the headphone is somewhat decent with SXFI turned off.

Same here, I bought the SXFI amp in January, absolutely hated the SXFI effect (too much reverb, bathroom sound, etc), but I use the amp (SXFI off) in combination with WavesNX and am very satisfied. The sound quality of WavesNX is simply great: transparent and clear...

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #543 of 1,001
Same here, I bought the SXFI amp in January, absolutely hated the SXFI effect (too much reverb, bathroom sound, etc), but I use the amp (SXFI off) in combination with WavesNX and am very satisfied. The sound quality of WavesNX is simply great: transparent and clear...
How did you get waves nx and sxfi amp work toghether i just can activat waves nx tru 3.5 directly on my laptop

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #544 of 1,001

for me it's perfect, in movies truehd dts MA , flax songs,games. comparing to on and disable is something impossible to think I can do without it sounds like real 7. 1 speakers and the sound coming from 7.1 speakers in headphone it sound like that because it sound like it's 7.1 outside ur head, in ur room. that's what it meant to do

Apr 22, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #546 of 1,001
for me it's perfect, in movies truehd dts MA , flax songs,games. comparing to on and disable is something impossible to think I can do without it sounds like real 7. 1 speakers and the sound coming from 7.1 speakers in headphone it sound like that because it sound like it's 7.1 outside ur head, in ur room. that's what it meant to do

I also get the "out of your head effect" with SXFI, but there is too much reverb for my taste...

Apr 22, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #547 of 1,001
I find the reverb too much for movies and music but I find it acceptable in the first person shooter games I play, mostly because the positional cues are just so accurate and precise that I can overlook the reverb.

For whatever reason I definitely do get used to the reverb if I leave it on long enough, but I just don't like it enough initially that I don't want to get used to it.

I am curious to see if the new firmware that I can't seem to get on the device makes the reverb go down a peg.

Apr 22, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #548 of 1,001
In FPS it always felt like clipping or distortion.

The combination of ZXR and my headphones (Ultrasone HFI 780) already has very nice positional audio (both heading and height) and doesn't feel like everything was "in your head".
They'll surely update their list with more headphones and improve the ear/head scanning in the future.

Apr 22, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #550 of 1,001
Any noticeable changes ?

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #552 of 1,001
Still Hear perfect :D

don't know if better , but there is maybe more bass , I am not sure.

and a bit more separation

I am using 800s headphones so I also use +2 on the bass EQ . it gives me enough bass overall .

But it seems this +2 has more bass without blowing it out

My guesses and hearing are correct, my friend also just updated from 1.32 and and hear exactly the same differences .

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #553 of 1,001
Still Hear perfect :D

don't know if better , but there is maybe more bass , I am not sure.

and a bit more separation

I am using 800s headphones so I also use +2 on the bass EQ . it gives me enough bass overall .

But it seems this +2 has more bass without blowing it out

My guesses and hearing is correct, my friend also just updated from 1.32 and and hear exactly the same differences .
More bass ? Ok there wad enough bass for my taste but i will test out when i get home

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #554 of 1,001

The Out Of Your Head effect is what I crave, but I’m not experiencing any of it. Ironically, turning SXFI off does a better job. Have reached out to the Creative folks to see if they can help with my head mapping because there’s something I’m doing wrong, based on the stellar reviews I’m seeing here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back