Creative Super X-Fi headphone holography
Jan 28, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #256 of 1,002
I had the same question in mind the last days. Wouldn't it be great to get the in ear measurement? I fear that this will not be done by Creative. But as they seem to be interested in licensing it could be that some other company might just do that. How about the http://www.soundman.de/ guys. They have allready the inEar microphones?
I have a pair of Nuraphones, which have in-ear microphones for personalized frequency sensitivity calibration. They sound great with the SXFi amp, but it's quite clear that the full potential hasn't been reached yet. There's obviously no Nuraphones profile in SXFi, given that it's such a niche market.
Would be great if Nura and Creative can combine their powers for spatial and frequency personalization.
The best would be for Nura to get the patent for SXFi and do a firmware update for the Nuraphone.

Jan 28, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #257 of 1,002
Hi, I have two short questions:

1. I connect my Super X-Fi to a Samsung A7 which still has Micro USB. So I used the USB C to USB C and the USB C to Micro USB adapter provided with the Super X-Fi, which works fine. Now I had the idea to get rid of the extra adapter and bought a USB C to micro USB cable from amazon basics. The cable itself obviously works, since when I connect the cable to a PC and then to the Samsung it works. But the Super X-Fi app does not recognize the Super X-Fi amp when I use the cable. Any ideas?

Your adapter supports OTG, but there is no info on your cable. Maybe the cable also needs to support OTG. I bought this cable [1] on Amazon.de. My SXFI Amp is coming this week and I will report if this "USB C to Micro USB OTG cable" works.

Two questions:

- Is only a "USB C to USB C" cable included with the SXFI Amp and no "USB C to micro-USB" adapter? If there is no adapter, that would be a shame, given the price of the amp!

- Is for PC usage a simple "USB A to USB C" cable enough? Or do I also need some strange "OTG" cable almost nobody seems to sell?

Thank you!

[1] https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07D4DVL4K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jan 28, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #258 of 1,002
- Is only a "USB C to USB C" cable included with the SXFI Amp and no "USB C to micro-USB" adapter? If there is no adapter, that would be a shame, given the price of the amp!

There is a micro USB adapter included.
I bought an extra one from hama with Micro USB to USB A (female) but the hama is constructed in a way which does not allow any case around the Samsung. If you put the case away the adapter works.

- Is for PC usage a simple "USB A to USB C" cable enough? Or do I also need some strange "OTG" cable almost nobody seems to sell?

No OTG needed when you connect to the PC. USB A to USB C or the included USB C to USB C (as long as your PC has USB C) works fine.

Jan 28, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #259 of 1,002
Hi, I have two short questions:

1. I connect my Super X-Fi to a Samsung A7 which still has Micro USB. So I used the USB C to USB C and the USB C to Micro USB adapter provided with the Super X-Fi, which works fine. Now I had the idea to get rid of the extra adapter and bought a USB C to micro USB cable from amazon basics. The cable itself obviously works, since when I connect the cable to a PC and then to the Samsung it works. But the Super X-Fi app does not recognize the Super X-Fi amp when I use the cable. Any ideas?

Short update. The issue is obviously the lack of OTG. I wasn’t aware before that an OTG electronic was needed. So this is the reason it did not work with a simple cable.

Jan 28, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #260 of 1,002
There is a micro USB adapter included.

Strange, it is not mentioned that a micro USB adapter is included. Everybody only reports that an USB C to C cable is included. Even the official FAQ says:

"For Android phones with a USB Micro-B connector, use a USB Micro-B OTG adapter and the provided USB C-to-C cable to connect. Make sure that the adapter is marked “OTG” as the phone needs the signaling from this type of adapter to switch itself into USB host mode." [1]

This does not sound as if an adapter is included. Do you have the normal version that is sold in Europe and the US?

[1] https://us.creative.com/sxfisupport/sxfi-amp/android-phones

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #261 of 1,002
Strange, it is not mentioned that a micro USB adapter is included. Everybody only reports that an USB C to C cable is included. Even the official FAQ says:

"For Android phones with a USB Micro-B connector, use a USB Micro-B OTG adapter and the provided USB C-to-C cable to connect. Make sure that the adapter is marked “OTG” as the phone needs the signaling from this type of adapter to switch itself into USB host mode." [1]

This does not sound as if an adapter is included. Do you have the normal version that is sold in Europe and the US?

It includes an adapter.

Jan 28, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #262 of 1,002
Some basic questions:

1.) How do I set the "amplification gain" (16 ohm, 32 ohm, 300 ohm, 600 ohm), there is no dedicated button or setting in the app. The manual also doesn`t mention the 3x amplification gain at all.

2.) Can the SXFI app play 7.1. files, like [1]?

3.) If not, is there a way to demo 7.1. or 5.1 sound on an android phone (plus the SXFI amp)?

4.) If yes, does somebody know some good demo content?

Thank you very much!

[1] https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/7.1auditionOutLeader v2.wav

Jan 28, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #264 of 1,002

When I discussed an issue with another OTG adapter with the Super X-Fi team, I thanked them for including an adapter.
They answered:
“We understand the difficulties that customers will potentially face, that's why we bundled all the good stuffs so it works out of the box!”

So yes it is included.

BTW, I also asked them about the input format the DAC could process:

“The supported input formats for the SXFI AMP are 2.0/5.1/7.1 Channels, 24bit/96KHz.”

Jan 28, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #265 of 1,002
Short update. The issue is obviously the lack of OTG. I wasn’t aware before that an OTG electronic was needed. So this is the reason it did not work with a simple cable.
Actually i think there might be another issue at play here. I got my device end of last week and i got a longer USB-C to USB-C Cable to connect to my PC and the first day it worked just fine together with the Windows 10 App, but the next day it just stopped working and wouldn't recognize my device. At the same time the device itself still works just fine on the PC, just the App doesn't recognize it anymore. Because it already worked i suspect there is something bugged about the App.

Jan 29, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #266 of 1,002
Actually i think there might be another issue at play here. I got my device end of last week and i got a longer USB-C to USB-C Cable to connect to my PC and the first day it worked just fine together with the Windows 10 App, but the next day it just stopped working and wouldn't recognize my device. At the same time the device itself still works just fine on the PC, just the App doesn't recognize it anymore. Because it already worked i suspect there is something bugged about the App.

I know what you mean as I encounter this Windows problem several times myself. I found that I have to first connect the Super X-Fi and then open the App.
Regarding the OTG problem, it is really the need of an OTG adapter with an Android device. Directly just with a cable the Creative X-Fi does not recognize the Android device.

Jan 29, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #267 of 1,002
I know what you mean as I encounter this Windows problem several times myself. I found that I have to first connect the Super X-Fi and then open the App.
Regarding the OTG problem, it is really the need of an OTG adapter with an Android device. Directly just with a cable the Creative X-Fi does not recognize the Android device.

I have android 8.1 and android 9 One Plus 5T.
on both of them it works fine with the standard box in cable you get directly to the phone. it has type C USB. you only need to enable OTG from the settings. just search it on the phone it will work till it standby or unplugged and then be disabled after 10 min automatically.

Jan 29, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #268 of 1,002
I have android 8.1 and android 9 One Plus 5T.
on both of them it works fine with the standard box in cable you get directly to the phone. it has type C USB. you only need to enable OTG from the settings. just search it on the phone it will work till it standby or unplugged and then be disabled after 10 min automatically.

Maybe I have done this wrong the whole time. Didn’t know I had to enable OTG in android.

Aquality to some sources the Samsung-galaxy A7 (2018) has OTG included. So I will try to find the OTG switch.

Jan 29, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #269 of 1,002
Does the Super X-fi have microphone input for combined devices like the V-Moda with the Boom Mic?

I just ordered one but if it doesn't allow microphone output, this is going to be a problem for gaming...

Jan 29, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #270 of 1,002
Does the Super X-fi have microphone input for combined devices like the V-Moda with the Boom Mic?

I just ordered one but if it doesn't allow microphone output, this is going to be a problem for gaming...

it has after firmware update or newest firmware.
but only mono and you need some kind of cable to be able to use the mic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back