Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG + Toslink + aptX + recording + more.
Nov 22, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #2,086 of 2,345
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
I would like to ask if someone try combination Sound Blaster E5 plus earphones with remote control and microphone, on mobile phone? It's possible to make it work (ability to receive calls and keep a phone conversation through Sound Blaster E5 )?

Yes , on my android , when I received a call or making a call , there's 3 option for me to choose on my mobile , which is through sound blaster E5 or android or speakers.
If somehow you're using iem / headphones without a Mic , well you could always speak through the E5 as the E5 has equipped with Mic .

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #2,088 of 2,345
I just got one of these, listened to a 24 bit ALAC of Radiohead's new one through my Eartech triple drivers, it's great, tried it on Bluetooth and through a lightning.
Now I need a short U shaped lightning to USB lead.

Will I be able to use this thing to rip records to my computer?

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #2,089 of 2,345
I also just got the creative e5 and the sound is impressive.

I have few question regarding video calls and recording.

In host mode, I couldn't use the e5 to answer calls. When I switched to bluetooth, I can use the button and headphone to answer calls, the mic is amazing, however, the headphone sound seem to be quite low and I have to increase the volume to be able to hear the other speaker.

When using bluetooth, the sound is louder when playing music. Is this the result of double amp?

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #2,093 of 2,345

​I want to use this product to play Hi-Rez audio from my Microsoft 650 phone running Win 10 mobile. I use Foobar2000 to play my audio files from my 200GB MicroSD card through headphone jack or via bluetooth to my APTX enabled JBL E50 headphones. I want to try the Creative Sound Blaster E5 to pass audio through micro USB port to micro USB port on E5 AMP/DAC and plug my headphones into one of the two headphone  jacks. I have 2 USB micro cables to USB A ends and will try using female to female to marry the 2 cables for connection. This will hopefully defeat the charging issue ?

I know there is no app for win 10 mobile but will I be able to at least hear 24 bit / 192 audio files through the DAC/AMP with a wired connection to my heaphone ?

Regards,
ronwjr.

P.S USB connection failed as win 10 phone does not support OTG... So work around is streaming via Bluetooth AptX ( 24 bit 48 kHz limitation )  from Win 10 phone using Foobar2000 to CSB E5 and plug in my JBL E50 headphones wow amazing up sampled sound with a lot of volume .

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #2,094 of 2,345
Can anybody tell me if this plays nice with low impedance iems (16 ohms)? Also how is build quality? The top panel with the two headphone jacks on my E1 is already slightly loose, and I've hardly used it.

Dec 12, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #2,095 of 2,345
  Can anybody tell me if this plays nice with low impedance iems (16 ohms)? Also how is build quality? The top panel with the two headphone jacks on my E1 is already slightly loose, and I've hardly used it.

It plays well with low impedance headphones, like some of my IEM's. As for build quality, this thing is a tank. I use it every day and it has given me no problems. The jacks are still solid, the volume control and mute function are still working perfectly. The only thing I've had an issue with is the stand it comes with, it has never been a tight fit since I got the E5 and I wish it were more snug. But that is extremely minor in my book. Let us know what you think if you decide to pick one up.

Dec 15, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #2,099 of 2,345
I've just received an E5 after spotting it on offer so am new to this USB DAC thing. (I've been using a headphone amp for a while now).

I actually have three Android devices I want to use it with, which all sound different using the headphone amp. I was hoping the E5 would mean I could achieve a uniform sound whichever device I used (assuming the settings are the same), as only the E5 is doing the DAC work.

So let's take the Samsung Note 4 (my main device) as the focus. I have installed the Soundblaster services and the Central app, and everything 'works' but while listening it is as if the E5, or Note 4 is changing driver or mode every 10s and the sound stutters very briefly, but then sounds different. I've been playing with settings in Neutron and Poweramp and it happens with both.

The E5 is hooked up to the Note 4 using the Host port on the E5 to the Micro USB port on the Note 4.

It can't be listened to with this constant stuttering and I'd be better off going back to just using my Fiio E12 unless I can sort this out.

Help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back