Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG + Toslink + aptX + recording + more.
Nov 1, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #2,071 of 2,345
LOL, that poor guy, I couldn't stand it either! It is a curse to be getting older and be surrounded by beautiful young women. I returned to university in my 40s so I certainly know just how bad it can be. I just walk with my eyes down and straight ahead, only way to survive. Thanks for the good wishes and funny videos. I'm not sure if they would be considered to violate the terms of head-fi, but almost for sure somebody will stumble upon them and be offended so you might want to take them down. I doubt you would get in any trouble, just warned and the videos would be removed. I appreciate the sentiment so thanks again mate.

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #2,072 of 2,345
LOL, that poor guy, I couldn't stand it either! It is a curse to be getting older and be surrounded by beautiful young women. I returned to university in my 40s so I certainly know just how bad it can be. I just walk with my eyes down and straight ahead, only way to survive. Thanks for the good wishes and funny videos. I'm not sure if they would be considered to violate the terms of head-fi, but almost for sure somebody will stumble upon them and be offended so you might want to take them down. I doubt you would get in any trouble, just warned and the videos would be removed. I appreciate the sentiment so thanks again mate.

Yeah no worries man , there's always small people around . But I'm got nothing to worry .

All the best dude

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #2,073 of 2,345
I bought a new truck and put in a new sound system.  I was kind of bummed about not having a good EQ.  Then I remembered I could hook up my Onkyo X1 player and the E5 to the system.  I control the EQ on the E5 via Bluetooth from my phone.  Pretty sweet!

Nov 4, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #2,074 of 2,345
I bought a new truck and put in a new sound system.  I was kind of bummed about not having a good EQ.  Then I remembered I could hook up my Onkyo X1 player and the E5 to the system.  I control the EQ on the E5 via Bluetooth from my phone.  Pretty sweet!

I wish you're my neighbors ..

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #2,076 of 2,345
Nov 10, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #2,077 of 2,345
cheaper than the G5!
atsmile.gif

Nov 13, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #2,080 of 2,345
In my opinion the E5 is better than both the red and black Dragonfly. The E5 is a veritable swiss army knife of a device. 

Thqnks for the input. I understand the versatility but I am just looking for dac/amp to improve sound quality of flacs mostly from my iPad. All the extra features on e5 is an overkill for me. Is the sound quality significantly better.

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #2,081 of 2,345
I've only heard the Red not the Black, but I'd still take the E5 over it. There is an app for your iPad in the app store called Sound Blaster Central that gives you a ton of control over the sound of your music. I use the Android equivalent of that app when I use the E5 with my LG G5. Mind you, I'm a bit of a basshead, so I like that much control.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sound-blaster-central/id532487984?mt=8

Nov 13, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #2,082 of 2,345
Nov 14, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #2,083 of 2,345
So far I LOVE my E5. After many hours of usage, the only complaint is I can have the device disconnect from Bluetooth. Perhaps there's a solution, but I have to make the other device disconnect. So if the E5 is connected to the iPhone via Bluetooth, I have to disable Bluetooth on the iPhone to get the E5 out of Bluetooth mode.

Aside from that it's a great DAC / AMP

Nov 14, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #2,084 of 2,345
So far I LOVE my E5. After many hours of usage, the only complaint is I can have the device disconnect from Bluetooth. Perhaps there's a solution, but I have to make the other device disconnect. So if the E5 is connected to the iPhone via Bluetooth, I have to disable Bluetooth on the iPhone to get the E5 out of Bluetooth mode.

Aside from that it's a great DAC / AMP

You can long press the Bluetooth/Power button on the E5 until it powers off, then turn it right back on.

Nov 22, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #2,085 of 2,345
I would like to ask if someone try combination Sound Blaster E5 plus earphones with remote control and microphone, on mobile phone? It's possible to make it work (ability to receive calls and keep a phone conversation through Sound Blaster E5 )?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back