Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG + Toslink + aptX + recording + more.
Aug 5, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #1,756 of 2,345
I can't believe what I'm Listening though my iem with the sound blaster E5 with these song below... The highs , the mids the lows , vocals , those little details pick up , sound stage , everything was simply astonishing .

And mind you , it's not even playing on lossless files , playing directly on YouTube is more than enough . I wonder how much bettered if it's with flac ....

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/9DLtzc9KLiw[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/W9ktZpfquAE[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/PDbRmAx76rM[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/-vTPyahgXh8[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/PDbRmAx76rM[/VIDEO]

Enjoy

Aug 7, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #1,758 of 2,345
  For those who are sitting on the fence and waiting to buy in Singapore, just received a mailer about store-wide 20% discount (this is in celebration for Singapore's National Day). Time to buy !!!

Is there a code? I can't seem to see it.

Aug 8, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #1,760 of 2,345
SOUND BLASTERX G1

http://www.soundblaster.com/news/article/new-addition-to-the-sound-blasterx-gaming-series-sound-blasterx-g1-thumb-sized-usb-sound-card-with-true-7-1-hd-surround

http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blasterx-g1

Output impedance is 2.2Ω. 4 pole TRRS combo jack.

7.1 Virtual surround sound.

$49.99 MSRP

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #1,763 of 2,345
Probably another sale at next month at COMEX 2016, just pick the best deal !

Frankly speaking , I already had 2 , now I'm concentrated at iem . Once I had enough count with the ASG . The next would be the 64 audio U8 .
Going to find a day going down to far east plaza to have a audition session with the entire 64 audio line up .:D

Aug 8, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #1,764 of 2,345
Frankly speaking , I already had 2 , now I'm concentrated at iem . Once I had enough count with the ASG . The next would be the 64 audio U8 .
Going to find a day going down to far east plaza to have a audition session with the entire 64 audio line up .
biggrin.gif

I am really happy with my U12 + MAM combo.

If you are after bass, U8 + G1 module is probably the way to go.

Aug 8, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #1,765 of 2,345
I am really happy with my U12 + MAM combo.

If you are after bass, U8 + G1 module is probably the way to go.

Yeah I'm all bass , all or nothing , that's what I heard about the U8 from a friend in HK , he even told me that the BA of the U8 will make me throw away my Aurisonic :xf_eek:

But personally I do not think that bass from those BA would be better than those of dynamic driver , tighter punch probably , but Sub bass type of punch I highly doubt it .

Anyway I haven't try it yet with the bass head amp E5 , so maybe I may be wrong , so audition first , conclude later .

There's a nickel coming in for me next month , after that , my plan is 2 more left to go , then hopefully with the generous year end bonus , I would be left enough cash for the U8 .. if that thing suits me :D after all ...... ..

Aug 9, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #1,767 of 2,345
I just got my E5 and have to say I'm very satisfied with the sound coupled with a pair of Fidelio X2. I have slowly been getting into the world of quality audio the last few years but I'm still not very knowledgeable. In my opinion the E5 crushes the Fiio E10k I was using before, but there's one thing I'm missing.

I have Logitech Z-2300 speakers connected into the line-out. They are however muted if I don't unplug the headphones. With the E10k, both output sound at the same time but then I could just mute the speakers with the Z-2300 controller. Plugging/unplugging my headphones all the time seems both bothersome as well as potentially harmful.

I think plugging the speakers into the second headphone input might do harm as well? So that's probably out of the question. To be honest I'm not very concerned with the speaker audio quality since I can't really blast them without annoying my neighbours. I could plug them into my onboard audio and just switch between the DACs I guess.

Aug 9, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #1,768 of 2,345
I just got my E5 and have to say I'm very satisfied with the sound coupled with a pair of Fidelio X2. I have slowly been getting into the world of quality audio the last few years but I'm still not very knowledgeable. In my opinion the E5 crushes the Fiio E10k I was using before, but there's one thing I'm missing.

I have Logitech Z-2300 speakers connected into the line-out. They are however muted if I don't unplug the headphones. With the E10k, both output sound at the same time but then I could just mute the speakers with the Z-2300 controller. Plugging/unplugging my headphones all the time seems both bothersome as well as potentially harmful.

I think plugging the speakers into the second headphone input might do harm as well? So that's probably out of the question. To be honest I'm not very concerned with the speaker audio quality since I can't really blast them without annoying my neighbours. I could plug them into my onboard audio and just switch between the DACs I guess.

Congrats . It's a good buy . I never short of having fun with all my music on the E5 .
Enjoy it bro !

Aug 9, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #1,769 of 2,345

Yes got it now. I like that feature. I'm using it with mojo now to watch a movie. Really improves the experience. Much better than mojo alone due to the eq. Bass is pounding.

It takes a little time to get used to the settings on the E5.  For me it was fairly easy because I didn't have to unlearn all the common tricks to get an amp like the mojo to work.  You have to work to take away some sub bass, and just dial it to the sound you prefer.

Once you have the E5 figured out, you can start going back to adjusting your favorite eq on the source as well. 

And yes, oh my yes, the E5 has amazing bass with IEM's. 

I need your help because I am about to pull the trigger on a Mojo and want to figure out how you are getting comparable performance. I demoed a Mojo for two weeks plugged into my iPhone 6 and listening on my Sennheiser IE800 and found it to be significantly better than my E5. The soundstage was much more three-dimensional and lively. The separation was noticably improved and the treble spike that grates my ears was smoothed out. It was just better at doing what the E5 does in pretty much every respect. As someone who listens to hip hop and house, I thought the bass was much cleaner while still having chest thumping impact.

So what do I need to do to get my E5 to perform at the same level as the Mojo, as it appears many of you have pulled off? I am running it usually via bluetooth to my iphone or with a lightning cable. I have a pico slim amp connected to the line out in the E5 with an iBasso cable, which I've found gives the bass much more weight and clarity and makes vocals more present. I'm looking for the vocals to become crystal clear and enhance instrument separation, which I found significantly better with the Mojo. While the Pico Slim makes the E5 better, the IE 800s still sound muddy and collapsed.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Aug 9, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #1,770 of 2,345

Bypass the DAC on the E5 by using the line in on the E5.  Usually, I turn off the EQ on the source and use the E5's EQ.  The moon audio black dragon IC is part of the magic, I tried 6 others and all took away from the sound.  The Onkyo X1 player I usually use has a real good DAC.  I've only tried IEM's.  Not sure if the iPhone has a good DAC.  It sounds great out of my note 4 though.  It sounds the best hooked up the same way with my Hifiman 650.

The only thing I liked better about the mojo was the black background.  The E5 has a little noise with low impedance IEM's.  But the bass and soundstage is so much better on the E5 hooked up this way than the mojo.

Also the headphone cable has a lot to do with the sound despite what others might say.  If you like vocals and treble go with a good silver cable.  I've tried many cables and the black dragon is the best for bass, and the silver dragon will help the treble and vocals.

Quote:
  I need your help because I am about to pull the trigger on a Mojo and want to figure out how you are getting comparable performance. I demoed a Mojo for two weeks plugged into my iPhone 6 and listening on my Sennheiser IE800 and found it to be significantly better than my E5. The soundstage was much more three-dimensional and lively. The separation was noticably improved and the treble spike that grates my ears was smoothed out. It was just better at doing what the E5 does in pretty much every respect. As someone who listens to hip hop and house, I thought the bass was much cleaner while still having chest thumping impact.

So what do I need to do to get my E5 to perform at the same level as the Mojo, as it appears many of you have pulled off? I am running it usually via bluetooth to my iphone or with a lightning cable. I have a pico slim amp connected to the line out in the E5 with an iBasso cable, which I've found gives the bass much more weight and clarity and makes vocals more present. I'm looking for the vocals to become crystal clear and enhance instrument separation, which I found significantly better with the Mojo. While the Pico Slim makes the E5 better, the IE 800s still sound muddy and collapsed.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back