Creative G5 discussion and reviews
Feb 6, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #601 of 645
Yes, it’s possible.

You will want to experiment with distance between the mic and speaker, and also the microphone’s gain setting (in the Sound Blaster software suite) so that the volume doesn’t clip against the maximum input level.

Also, keep in mind that the G5, the microphone, the speaker, and the whole audio chain connected to the speaker, will all impart their own flavor and distortion compared to the “master” audio source for your speaker.

Mar 26, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #604 of 645
What is a next step after G5 for games and music up to $100? (for pc)
Also i don't need EQ or any enchantments from audio card..
Not a lot of gear for $100. You may want to try Fulla 2.

Mar 26, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #606 of 645
How about <200$ ? Will be any positive results compared to G5 ?
I use HD598SR and monitors JBL LSR305. All connected to G5 (monitors connected to line-in 3.5jack, phones to headphone input). So i need two inputs same time.
Idsd bl nano is probably the best $200 dac amp you can have.

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #608 of 645
I picked up one of these today on sale. Pretty impressed with the sound quality which blows away the on-board Realtek audio and compares really well to my Schiit stack and might actually sound a little better.

BTW, what is the consensus on the issues mentioned here regarding surround sound quality in games? Been awhile since the complaints and curious if things are better with the latest drivers?

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #609 of 645
Just got one of these for really cheap, it has been serving me really well except for one slight problem. I have no idea what any of the settings do. I tried scout mode and it seems to just make quiet noises louder, so that's a no thank you, EQ and voice changer are easy to understand, but what I don't get is all the SBX settings, and also the "advanced settings". The SBX has surround, crystalizer, bass, smart volume, and dialog plus. I have no idea what crystalizer does, bass probably just applies a bass boost through EQ, smart volume seems to do a similar thing to scout mode, and dialog plus probably boosts the mids. The question is, what does the surround setting do and how is it possible for there to be varying degrees of surround? I have a theory that it actually controls something more similar to reverb, but I'm not really sure. Also, in the advanced settings, you have the option to change from stereo to virtual 7.1. What is the difference between doing that and turning up surround in SBX?

May 9, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #610 of 645
Well, I finally gave up and returned mine. I could not get it to stay recognized by Win 10 no matter what I tried. Worked with CL and no go. Oh well, it did sound good.

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #611 of 645
I've read through most of this thread and I'm a bit confused about this product.DTS/dolby does not work on ps4/xbone, so that would mean no virtual surround sound on those platforms? Would this still function well as a decent DAC/AMP on those consoles?

I primarily plan to use this on PC, is there any issues with virtual surround sound on PC, does DTS/dolby/etc. work fine on PC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back