Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods
Dec 3, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #32 of 258
Pull off the pads (careful) and unscrew the plate holding the driver. Try to do all you need (recable, damping, etc) and then scewing it, as the screws start wearing off quickly. I now have a forever sealed cup thanks to a screw that won't move.

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #33 of 258
How do I pull of the pads... I'm sorry to sound like an idiot but I can't get this thing open .

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #35 of 258
They're not glued on, they're just hard to get off and harder to get back on. Turn the cups away from you, so the driver is facing you. Put your thumbs on the inside of the pads (where your ear goes) and your other fingers on the outside. Then push the pads out of the cups with your thumbs, the pleather holding it to the cups should pushed out. Do this around the cup and the pads should fall off.

Dec 29, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #36 of 258
Hi everybody!

Just acquired 3 days ago a CAL! too, and I'am currently very pleased with it.

Small question : I think I will probably do a recable, but which type of cable do you guys recommand for the CAL ? how many must we spend on a new cable for it ? and where do find them please.

Many thanks in advance.

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #37 of 258
Quote:
Hi everybody!

Just acquired 3 days ago a CAL! too, and I'am currently very pleased with it.

Small question : I think I will probably do a recable, but which type of cable do you guys recommand for the CAL ? how many must we spend on a new cable for it ? and where do find them please.

Many thanks in advance.

Mogami W2893
http://www.redco.com/shopexd.asp?id=505

Jan 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #38 of 258

Making CAL flat for transport

I broke a hinge on my CAL, it was the little metal thing that links the cup with the hanger that broke. Since I have done all the mods, and they sound really well I have been thinking about whether I could find a way to repair them.  I ended to  repair them with a screw, by drilling a hole in the hanger on the cup and put in the screw and link them back to the large hanger, the head of the screw serves as the turning point.  Then I realized that it was possible to durn the modified cup 90 degrees so that it became flat, and I suddenly could see a solution on a problem I have had with them - transport. In the end they broke because I had too buch in my bag, and they were squeezed.

I then unscrewed the other cup and sanded the little metal thing, it has two flanches that I could sand off wuite easily. So now both of the cups can turn 90 degrees and become flat :)

If you find it difficult to detach the cups, the secret is to unscrew the two screws in the bottom of the large hanger, and with a srewdriver retract the plastic cover that is held down by the screws. It is then possible to detach the cup.

This is really an improvement if you transport the CAL's!

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #39 of 258
Quote:

Making CAL flat for transport

I broke a hinge on my CAL, it was the little metal thing that links the cup with the hanger that broke. Since I have done all the mods, and they sound really well I have been thinking about whether I could find a way to repair them.  I ended to  repair them with a screw, by drilling a hole in the hanger on the cup and put in the screw and link them back to the large hanger, the head of the screw serves as the turning point.  Then I realized that it was possible to durn the modified cup 90 degrees so that it became flat, and I suddenly could see a solution on a problem I have had with them - transport. In the end they broke because I had too buch in my bag, and they were squeezed.

I then unscrewed the other cup and sanded the little metal thing, it has two flanches that I could sand off wuite easily. So now both of the cups can turn 90 degrees and become flat :)

If you find it difficult to detach the cups, the secret is to unscrew the two screws in the bottom of the large hanger, and with a srewdriver retract the plastic cover that is held down by the screws. It is then possible to detach the cup.

This is really an improvement if you transport the CAL's!

Great tips! Do you mind taking a photo from a different view, I have some problem understanding all the terms since english isn't my main language and I'm pretty rookie at headphones. :wink:

Must say I've fallen in love with my CAL!'s. They combine awesome bang for the buck soundwise as well as good comfort. :)

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #40 of 258
I am wondering if anyone has put the HM5 pads on their pair. I hate the stock pads so I swapped them and the biggest change is the sub bass came out more. If you don't want that bass to come forward I would avoid it. plus it fits my ears better. They are much softer too.

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #41 of 258
Quote:
I am wondering if anyone has put the HM5 pads on their pair. I hate the stock pads so I swapped them and the biggest change is the sub bass came out more. If you don't want that bass to come forward I would avoid it. plus it fits my ears better. They are much softer too.

Does it involve any modding like gluing the pads or do they just slide in? I might give this a try, the stock pads are pretty good IMO, but they're small and I've heard great things about the HM5 pads.

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #43 of 258
Does it involve any modding like gluing the pads or do they just slide in? I might give this a try, the stock pads are pretty good IMO, but they're small and I've heard great things about the HM5 pads.

No glueing I can post am image later. They fit a little loose but mine have never fallen off. I don't think I would go running in them though:) Cause you would just sweat them right back onto fake cow they were made from.

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #44 of 258
Quote:

Great tips! Do you mind taking a photo from a different view, I have some problem understanding all the terms since english isn't my main language and I'm pretty rookie at headphones. :wink:

Must say I've fallen in love with my CAL!'s. They combine awesome bang for the buck soundwise as well as good comfort. :)

I did the same mod, here's a how to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back