Creative Aurvana Live! Review and Mods
Mar 7, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #122 of 258
Hi, i want to mod my CAL.

Some questions:

I have a Xonar U7 Soundcard, make it any sense that i want to recable my CAL, is there a significant difference of the audio quality?
And which cable would you take?

Mogami W2893?
or this sounds really good but i think a little expensive: http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=45

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #124 of 258
Any headband mods? I find it really hard on my head but I love the sound and earpads of the headphone!

Generally, I would love my cal to have other headband. Maybe headband fro other headphone would fit. It's a simple shape without cables inside, should not be hard to find or make one

Apr 7, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #125 of 258
bump!
So non accessories like earpads and headband that would fit the cal! ?
User on another forum said I could try this. Would if fit our cal! ?

http://www.thomann.de/pl/beyerdynamic_dt770_prodt880_pro_kopfgurt.htm

May 7, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #127 of 258
Did anyone find better earpads to replace the stock ones ?
Not a big fan of earpads foam mods and looking for more thickness and isolation.
I was thinking maybe HM5's but not sure they fit though...

May 9, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #130 of 258
for me the mod in the very first post in this thread did the job of giving enough space for my ear. I can really recommend that as the first to try, if someone might have forgotten that in the light of the many posts here :)

May 10, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #131 of 258
Tried HM5 pads on the CAL!s and fits my ears sooo much better. I haven't listened to these in some time, so I'm not sure if it changes much of the the sound signature. Since it is a bit farther from the drivers than the stock pads, I think it gives it little bit more soundstage. I definitely recommend the HM5 pads for CAL! just for the pure comfort.. Also, HM5 pads + CAL 2s = Best experience with these cans I've had so far.

May 11, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #133 of 258
Honestly if you're still on the fence about getting the pads then save your money. It's $17.50 american dollars for a pair of HM5 pads, which is less than a bar tab on a Friday night for me. I really enjoy the ergonomics, the isolation is not better or worse on the CAL! (on the CAL2 HM5 pads do provide a bit more of isolation). They are a tiny bit larger than the headphone cups but still fit really well. I'm pretty sure someone in this thread posted a photo of HM5 pads on CAL! so just do a bit of backtracking for some photos.

May 12, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #134 of 258
  Here are the pics of the HM5 pads. Sorry about the crappy quality and yes I have dusted since.
beyersmile.png

Thanks, found the pics. Ear space and comfort both improved. For less than 20$, it seems to me like a reasonable upgrade especially since HM5 pads fit other headphones too.

Aug 1, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #135 of 258
How good are these Headphones for Listening to Rock Genre off my cell phone or Laptop with no Amp ?
My friend who is somewhat of an audiophile said Creative are more famous for their bass and are meant for more bass heavy genre like hip hop , He said he would prefer Sennheiser HD 449 over these are those suit my taste of music better
A little info about what i am into

The Genre i usually listen to is Pop ,Alternative Rock , Indy Rock , Pop Rock , nu metal , experimental rock , christian rock , punk rock . I dont listen to heavy Metal that often 
Some of the bands i usually listen to

Linkin Park (old stuff )
Breaking Benjamin
End game
Simple plan
Hinder
Nickel back
Marianams trench
Red
30 seconds to Mars
The Cab
Imagine Dragon