Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Sep 5, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #406 of 563
Just got mine. From a non-audiophile point of view, it's a decent pair of headphones for listening to bass and pop. I don't know if it will perform better with an amp but it's alright with me out of the box, plugged straight into my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Vocals are clear, bass pops out just nice for me. Nothing amazing or shocking coming from a xiaomi pistons v2.0, but they're decent. I've got slightly bigger ears and the earcups cover them just nice.

Design-wise, I was surprised that they actually look smaller than the pictures I've seen of them. It's mainly plastic but isn't low grade by any means. The adjustable headband is quite precise in getting the fit you want.

So far I'm not gonna do any mods to it.
wink.gif
Will keep it simple and not be an audiophile about the whole thing. He he.

Nice buy, it'd be quite dark sounding coming from the pistons. Changing to HM5 pads helped with comfort and slightly with SQ. I modded mine with Dynamat extreme in the cups but it only made them even darker lol.

Sep 5, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #407 of 563
Nice buy, it'd be quite dark sounding coming from the pistons. Changing to HM5 pads helped with comfort and slightly with SQ. I modded mine with Dynamat extreme in the cups but it only made them even darker lol.

I'm just happy to support a local brand coz I'm Singaporean. :) And I'm also getting tired of using IEMs, having to clean the eartips quite often. I don't have dry earwax so it's a hassle.

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #409 of 563
Has anyone found a different cord for these? A more durable one? I have a feeling mine isn't going to last much longer.

I believe the HD598 cables fit this so look it up

Sep 7, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #410 of 563
Just got mine. From a non-audiophile point of view, it's a decent pair of headphones for listening to bass and pop. I don't know if it will perform better with an amp but it's alright with me out of the box, plugged straight into my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Vocals are clear, bass pops out just nice for me. Nothing amazing or shocking coming from a xiaomi pistons v2.0, but they're decent. I've got slightly bigger ears and the earcups cover them just nice.

Design-wise, I was surprised that they actually look smaller than the pictures I've seen of them. It's mainly plastic but isn't low grade by any means. The adjustable headband is quite precise in getting the fit you want.

So far I'm not gonna do any mods to it.
wink.gif
Will keep it simple and not be an audiophile about the whole thing. He he.

Glad you're enjoying. I did the dynamat mod but it mad the sound slightly even darker than before. I didn't find it improve that much with an amp so no need really

Sep 7, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #412 of 563
spurxiii Lol you made a similar reply already man. Btw how do we know if a pair of aftermarket cables is "good quality"? And does it even make any difference in SQ compared to stock cable?

Sorry mate totally forgot. I don't really believe in cables too much but I have heard differences when changing cables so worth a try if it's not too costly. I'm also considering making my own

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #413 of 563
I'm loving the sound on these. But the noontec zoro hds caught my attention. I wanted a highly portable pair of good sounding headphones and sadly I just can't see myself enjoying the cal!2's mass. It's a great pair of over-ears but I guess I realized I'll prefer an on-ear and the foldable hinges a lot.

I'm gonna try selling these. Lol.

Sep 9, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #414 of 563
I had these, and loved the sound detail for mids and highs, they were nice without sounding harsh/painful to the ears.
I returned them  for lack of bass however. If I turned up the eq bass, it would just lead them to distort at mid volumes. also, the cord on these sucked. had to get 2 pairs to get a cord that worked, and it's only 3.5 feet long.

Anyone know of a decently priced pair with heavier bass but clear sounding highs/mids like these?
I'm not looking for flat sounding headphones, I prefer warmer ones with extra bass that you can hear down low.

I thought these were the ones, and they were close, but not quite. The vmoda crossfade lp's had decent bass (not heavy like everyone says) but the highs were almost painful.

suggestions?

Sep 9, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #415 of 563
I had these, and loved the sound detail for mids and highs, they were nice without sounding harsh/painful to the ears.
I returned them  for lack of bass however. If I turned up the eq bass, it would just lead them to distort at mid volumes. also, the cord on these sucked. had to get 2 pairs to get a cord that worked, and it's only 3.5 feet long.

Anyone know of a decently priced pair with heavier bass but clear sounding highs/mids like these?
I'm not looking for flat sounding headphones, I prefer warmer ones with extra bass that you can hear down low.

I thought these were the ones, and they were close, but not quite. The vmoda crossfade lp's had decent bass (not heavy like everyone says) but the highs were almost painful.

suggestions?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

You sound like a basshead EQing the bass up and all. The vmodas IMO overdo the bass and it eats into the mids. If you find their highs unbearable you'll find most audiophile cans to be the same. Ask this same question over in that thread

Sep 27, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #416 of 563
Well about a week ago my cord stopped working. So I ordered a new one. It's kind of long to me but they have a shorter version. It's good quality. I think it'll last a long time.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KAKGQCQ/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_y3Wjub0MQNFEM

Oct 25, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #417 of 563
so... Some time after release. Are those headphones to go for  current owner of cal1 who likes the sound but headband hurts my head ?
Or maybe gold ?  I could use wireless. Thankfully they all have detachable cable

Do those have memory foam pads ? I am a sucker for those.
Otherwise I like warmer/bassy headphones so is cal2 the one for me or should I look elsewhere ? where?

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #419 of 563
  so... Some time after release. Are those headphones to go for  current owner of cal1 who likes the sound but headband hurts my head ?
Or maybe gold ?  I could use wireless. Thankfully they all have detachable cable

Do those have memory foam pads ? I am a sucker for those.
Otherwise I like warmer/bassy headphones so is cal2 the one for me or should I look elsewhere ? where?

I havent heard the CAL1 but my CAL2 is warm and bassy (not bass cannons). It is quite comfortable but I've changed the pads to HM5s which make them sound much better and much more comfy. I've also tried the HM5 velours but a lot of bass gets lost using them so I'm now back to the HM5 pleathers. I'm not sure what the original pads weren't but the HM5 pads just made them better, they were thicker and pushed the cans out a bit so it improved the soundstage without any sacrificing any bass. Plus the isolation improved 

Nov 5, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #420 of 563
  What's considered a good price for these?

Not sure now. I got mine with a mate a while ago for about $100 each when they had some deal. I saw them more recently for $99 standalone. Prices in AUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back