Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Dec 20, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #166 of 563
Anyone wanna make me a cable for this bad boy and charge me shipping and materials? I just moved into a new apartment and my iron and gear is packed =( the stock cable with inline controls... mehhhh. I don't know when I will be able to get to my iron =( waiting for the bio cellulose to burn in before reviewing in comparison with my CAL 1's

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #167 of 563
  So far the soundstage haven't been affected, but like all mods if it has a negative or unwanted effect just undo it. Trial and error is the only way to know what works and what doesn't, that's why I haven't done anything major yet.

Does the foam come off easily? Might try the mod today, with a littte bit of wadding in the cups. Don't have dynamat ATM.

Dec 21, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #169 of 563
Is anyone else getting Distortion I left my headphones to break in a bit overnight not even that loud of volume and now I have noticeable distortion

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Dec 21, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #170 of 563
Is anyone else getting Distortion I left my headphones to break in a bit overnight not even that loud of volume and now I have noticeable distortion

Are you sure it is not caused by the volume regulator in the cable (turn volume up and down) ? Those cheap manual regulators are prone to corrosion, leading to all kinds of trouble...

Dec 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #171 of 563
I'm not completely sure but I think it may be I need to find my iron make a cable or buy an adapter it wouldn't have been that hard for them to include a decent cable besides this in line volume crap especially for the increased price

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #174 of 563
Personally, I don't have a problem with the bass. It's quite speaker like so I enjoy its entertainment value. I know that hi fi 'purists' wouldn't consider these because of the bass but to me, they are very like large floorstanders speakers and go very loud without becoming harsh.

I like them.

Dec 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #175 of 563
Modded my cans today. I did the same like I did on the original CAL! Took soam foam and put it inside the cups. There's already some really nice foam in the box, so use that! Of course if you have something better, use that.

Cut it in a heart shape. Look in the cups to determine the size. I didn't use a ruler or anything, was just lucky to get it right the first time :)

Then I just used some reagular good old scotch tape to put in inside the cups.

Thougths? Well it seems like the bass has tightened up, just like it did on the CAL1. Not a huge difference, so don't expect too much, but IMO it helped a bit. I'm just thinking if this will affect the soundstage, since I stuffed the cups. 

It's so much easier to mod the CAL2, the first CAL1 didn't have the swiveling cups!

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #176 of 563

Modded my cans today. I did the same like I did on the original CAL! Took soam foam and put it inside the cups. There's already some really nice foam in the box, so use that! Of course if you have something better, use that.

Cut it in a heart shape. Look in the cups to determine the size. I didn't use a ruler or anything, was just lucky to get it right the first time :)

Then I just used some reagular good old scotch tape to put in inside the cups.

Thougths? Well it seems like the bass has tightened up, just like it did on the CAL1. Not a huge difference, so don't expect too much, but IMO it helped a bit. I'm just thinking if this will affect the soundstage, since I stuffed the cups. 

It's so much easier to mod the CAL2, the first CAL1 didn't have the swiveling cups!

An easy way to make a good template is to use the outside cup. Just put a paper over the cup then use a pencil and start shading. This is how I did mine and it's a perfect fit.

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #177 of 563

An easy way to make a good template is to use the outside cup. Just put a paper over the cup then use a pencil and start shading. This is how I did mine and it's a perfect fit.

Thanks for the tip! Aprreciated. Maybe I'll revisit the mod and optimize it, but for now I'm just going to listen a bit more and conclude from that.

I know I've asked you before about the modding affecting soundstage. We both agree that it doesn't affect the soundstage, but I still don't believe it entirely. Surely stuffing the cups, must affect it somehow? I don't have that much experience in headphones though to answer that question fully. The soundstage is one of the things that really surprizes me about these headphones, so I really don't want to mess it up :)

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #178 of 563
  Thanks for the tip! Aprreciated. Maybe I'll revisit the mod and optimize it, but for now I'm just going to listen a bit more and conclude from that.

I know I've asked you before about the modding affecting soundstage. We both agree that it doesn't affect the soundstage, but I still don't believe it entirely. Surely stuffing the cups, must affect it somehow? I don't have that much experience in headphones though to answer that question fully. The soundstage is one of the things that really surprizes me about these headphones, so I really don't want to mess it up :)

As long as you don't use very thick materials it shouldn't have a noticeable effect on soundstage. The aluminum I used was kind thin, it was only 1/8 of an inch, and a cheap alternative to polyfill is these circle cotton makeup cleaner remover thingy, they're really cheap at walmart, only $1 I think.  I didn't even need to tape or glue them on.

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #179 of 563
Personally, I don't have a problem with the bass. It speaker other stuff through so I enjoy its entertainment value. I know that hi fi 'purists' wouldn't consider these because of the bass but to me, they are very like large floorstanders speakers and go very loud without becoming harsh.

I like them.

Thank you very much! that is a nice looking cable but I am not going to wait that long for shipping haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back