Creative Aurvana Live! 2
Oct 12, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #526 of 563
Originally by earfonia /img/forum/go_quote.gif A test I did - http://www.head-fi.org/t/484744/crosstalk-on-audio-technica-m50#post_6604961

Good info. I had ATH-M50 years and gave up on them due to the treble spike and boxy resonance. Recabing to reduce cross talk would be like nice tires on a problematic car to me, but I could respect if others prefer their signature. Judging by Cubase you do audio production also, cool. It'd be good to know what the db meters on that track (with visible cross talk) hit. Small waveforms, I'm thinking very low. I'm a perfectionist and like to scope out every detail. I'd just wonder if it's audible enough to warrant that.
 I found the 2's very comfortable with stock pads. Still very soft on the head and ears.

Yeah. Though the ear pads I'd mentioned take care of your other issues, controlling bass you may have felt was excessive.

Oct 12, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #527 of 563
  Small waveforms, I'm thinking very low. I'm a perfectionist and like to scope out every detail. I'd just wonder if it's audible enough to warrant that.

It is clearly audible. I did that experiment simply because I heard the crosstalk in the first place, and was wondering what caused it. Just do yourself a simple test, play a single channel track, eg left channel, and listen only to the right driver while try to move away the left driver from your ear. It is easier to use a headphone that the earcup can be rotated 180 degree to the back like the M50.

Oct 28, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #528 of 563
Hey guys

I just received this headphone after finally deciding to buy it. However I have one issue.

Is there any way to boost volume on these? Like seriously, the volume is unacceptable for me. I turn on 100 % all the time, and I could probably listen like that for 10 hours +. It's very quiet compared to my 30 euro bluetooth headphones. Can't really listen to electronic music so quietly.100 % feels more like 70 % :/

Thanks for help!

Oct 29, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #529 of 563
  Hey guys

I just received this headphone after finally deciding to buy it. However I have one issue.

Is there any way to boost volume on these? Like seriously, the volume is unacceptable for me. I turn on 100 % all the time, and I could probably listen like that for 10 hours +. It's very quiet compared to my 30 euro bluetooth headphones. Can't really listen to electronic music so quietly.100 % feels more like 70 % :/

Thanks for help!

Well first there is a volume switch on the cable, and make sure the cable is plugged into the headphones correctly, The end is triangle shapped and the connector area around the headphone input is also triangle shapped, make sure they match and the connection is secure.

Oct 30, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #530 of 563
Yeah did that. It's just that I'm used to high volume and these sound too quiet for my taste. Before these I used Bluedio Turbine HT (these cost less than 30 euros). And they had 2 imes more volume and the bass was a lot stronger. Compared to those, the bass is really underwhelming. It's there, but that's just it, you never kinda feel that there is bass, and these are not basshead headphones in any of way. I find lack of bass really bad (of course that's a preference). But it's kinda strange how less than 30 euro headphones can outmatch these with bass and maximum volume. Of course CAL 2 has 10 times better comfort/looks/ and sound quality, but the bass and max volume is major disadvantages for me :frowning2: If I could get more bass out of these and louder volumes, then they would be perfect.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #531 of 563
Yeah, these are fairly sensitive. I find 1/2 way on my iPhone 5S is enough, but I have sensitive hearing. Go back a page or two and see my recommendations, for a replacement cable (inexpensive on EBay, no volume control, sounds better) and the ideal ear pads.

Dec 27, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #532 of 563
Hi guys, do any of you CAL!2 owners, by any chance, tried the Sony MDR-1A? Is the treble in the Sony's as smooth, compared to the the new aurvanas?

Dec 29, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #533 of 563
 Cal!2 owners - Is the Sony MDR-1A treble smooth, compared to the the newer Aurvanas?
I had tried the Sony. Comfortable, amazing bass (a bit more mid bass than I dig) the Aurvana goes about as deep but has a bit less mid bass intruding on low mids. The Sony mids are scooped. It only has a bit more treble than the Aurvana, but due to the mids scoop, it is thin and peaky. I put new pads on (see my previous posts) that made them more comfortable, more like the thicker MDR-1A pads. They had slightly reduced the bass, but dramatically opened the sound. One thing I'd learned is the importance of full but not blaring midrange. So many fail in the high mids being dull or hard there. Creative does not.

Dec 29, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #534 of 563
Thanks, lacking mids is something that bothers me, I didn't like the X2 for the same reason, there seemed to be a hole, with bass, zingy treble and no meaty mids. If they have less sub bass and more mids looks like I would like them, I liked the first ones too but the cups were a bit too small and shallow and hurt after a while.

Resolution wise, do you think the Aurvanas 2 are detailed (not in terms of volume but quality)? I read some amazon reviews where they said it is a bit "fuzzy" in that regard

thanks!

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #535 of 563
 If they have less sub bass and more mids looks like I would like them, I liked the first ones too but the cups were a bit too small and shallow and hurt after a while. Resolution wise, do you think the Aurvanas 2 are detailed (not in terms of volume but quality)? I read some amazon reviews where they said it is a bit "fuzzy" in that regard. thanks!

Not fuzzy at all, especially with the new pads on. There is so much space to the sound it's almost 3D. Stereo info, midrange details all there. The treble only irritates if you listen too loud. Normal to quiet levels, it's amazing what is there without harshness. Again, the right cable, ear pads and break in is essential. I'd put the cable & pads on, burned them in 50-100 hours with 50% of the time pop music & 50% pink noise with the treble rolled down at levels I find kind of loud (not super loud). Of course, not wearing them. 

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #536 of 563
Thanks, will consider them hard, there's an offer on the creative store for 99€ the Aurvanas 2 and a free Creative E1 dac/amp

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #537 of 563
Good deal. I'm not that into amps (I use a mastering quality audio interface in my studio) but these drive fine from my iPhone.

Don't forget a volume control free cable (volume controls reduce audio quality) and pads linked below. $30 more, and worth it.

This Momentum Over Ear replacement cable (6 feet - $17)  http://tiny.cc/0n2l4x - And the $20 ear pads  http://tiny.cc/xp2l4x

Dec 29, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #538 of 563
Thanks mate, will do, I know the cable in particular is important

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back