Cowon Plenue P1
Oct 30, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #1,711 of 2,974
Oct 30, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #1,714 of 2,974
y'all are making it harder for me waiting for the P1. checked it today and already came in to my country. hope it'll reach me very soon. preparing those vinyl rip collection and getting organized for a warm welcome.

Oct 30, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #1,715 of 2,974
I use my P1 with a 64bit laptop and I've had no issues either.
As mentioned, you hopefully should not regret your purchase. The sound quality is wonderful!

Thanks for that

Nov 20, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #1,716 of 2,974
I just switched from a FiiO X5 2nd Generation to the Cowon Plenue P1. One of the main reasons i wanted to get away from the FiiO is the buggy firmware and the slow UI. Here are, for me, the main selling points that make me, now after 10 hours of listening, very very happy:

- USB 3.0 support. No more "remove the MicroSD card, insert it into the card reader, copy it around, put it back into the FiiO". Copying to the Cowon is fast, soo fast, that i see no reason to remove the card. Given the fact that high res downloads are really slow with USB 2.0, this is a nice, and unforeseen benefit of the upgrade.

- UI and general speed. The system is just soo much faster than the FiiO. database updates take a few seconds, not minutes. The UI is fluid, and very, very rarely do you have any kind of slugginess in using the device. 

- No stuttering. With the exact same MicroSD cards that the FiiO seemed to be unable to handle. Yes, sure, maybe i would have found one SD card eventually where the FiiO would not stutter, but my time is more expensive than this.

- Sound. No compare. The warmth, the detail, the "stage" is just amazing. I compared the same songs (Diana Kralls "All for you", Bob Dylans "Blood on the Tracks", Rush Sector Two, and Mussorskies Picture at an Exhibition, Susan Wong "Woman in Love") for a few hours, and there was nothing i liked better on the FiiO compared to the Cowon. Everything is just a step up, i feel like finally having reached portable "HiFi", and not just portable "good sounding music". 

Note, the Headphones i currently have with me, are Oppo PM3s, so your mileage may vary based on that. 

But, me, i am  happy having taken that step up from the FiiO.

Frank

Nov 20, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #1,717 of 2,974
Im coming from AK120II, X3, and Sony ZX100.

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #1,718 of 2,974
and the P1 is above them all? is that what you're saying jmills8? i came from the Studio V3 and although I love the house sound, everything is just an upgrade in the P1.

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #1,719 of 2,974
still on the edge between P1 and Questyle QP1R.
I like the P1 obvious better UI. Unfortunately I had no chance to audition it yet.

The QP1R sounds great, but scrollwheel and UI is a joke.
Plus maker's rep here on head-fi reacted very snappy to me when
I dared to mention that the UI is far from perfect...

Price more or less same for both, battery life I believe more or less same also,
somewhere between 9 and 10 hours.

Nov 21, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #1,720 of 2,974
  still on the edge between P1 and Questyle QP1R.
I like the P1 obvious better UI. Unfortunately I had no chance to audition it yet.

The QP1R sounds great, but scrollwheel and UI is a joke.
Plus maker's rep here on head-fi reacted very snappy to me when
I dared to mention that the UI is far from perfect...

Price more or less same for both, battery life I believe more or less same also,
somewhere between 9 and 10 hours.

P1 has great UI, SQ and it's also very fast at scanning files.
QP1R was also on my list for some time, but when I read about its scrollwheel an UI (also your posts) I lost most of my interest in it. It's SQ should be really superb though
rolleyes.gif

Good luck with making the right (dap) choice
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #1,724 of 2,974
Thanks. It is so difficult...but we all know this problem probably...

I am still looking for a place to audition the P1.
It does not by any chance sort library by album artists?

Though the P1 is excellent I have to say the sound quality of the QP1R is the best I have heard from any DAP I have heard. I include not only the P1 but the ZX2 and the AK240 and AK380 and indeed the Hugo and Mojo in that comparison.
They need to improve UI but scroll does get easier to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back