Cowon Plenue P1
Jul 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #392 of 2,974
I am kinda keen on this one and think it looks pretty good...life is to short for me to put up another lotoo gold/hm-901/qa360 looking dap...especially all daps sound similar in am outdoor environment
Timw to treat myself better

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #393 of 2,974
I am kinda keen on this one and think it looks pretty good...life is to short for me to put up another lotoo gold/hm-901/qa360 looking dap...especially all daps sound similar in am outdoor environment
Timw to treat myself better

LOL

totally agree

was thinkin to get the calym M but Cowon has always been my favourite brand since 15 years ago when i got my first MP3 player, which was the X5L

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #394 of 2,974
You got a x5l in 1999??
blink.gif

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #396 of 2,974
LOL

totally agree

was thinkin to get the calym M but Cowon has always been my favourite brand since 15 years ago when i got my first MP3 player, which was the X5L

I only bought j3 b4 cos i kept bugging my friend why ipod couldnt play these flac files...in retrospect that player didnt have any sq to brag about but it never need a recharge...i am managing my expectation bcos dap r mostly (not all) overpriced in sq dept. The look and form factor seems to be little better than calyx m.

Jul 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #397 of 2,974
I only bought j3 b4 cos i kept bugging my friend why ipod couldnt play these flac files...in retrospect that player didnt have any sq to brag about but it never need a recharge...i am managing my expectation bcos dap r mostly (not all) overpriced in sq dept. The look and form factor seems to be little better than calyx m.

unfortunately the battery of calyx M is just a little below my expectation, ranging 5-6 hrs

i hope the P1 cant last at least 8 hrs, otherwise, i would probably wait for the Fiio X7 next year or later

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #400 of 2,974
Initial pics I understand although at that price it will feature superb build quality don't worry.

I think we are kinna getting slightly spoiled by the AK design and build quality these days? :wink:

I'm keen on trying this. Still interested to get a TI chipped device as I am intrigued by what I heard in X5 and MA9. And it does seems to look okay and have a nice looking UI.

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #401 of 2,974
well it is John Lee I think who said 6/10 on design and build? Or someone else?

Design is subjective although if only 6/10 for build then this is suicide for Cowon considering the price. Are we sure his player is the final production model?

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:38 AM Post #402 of 2,974
Just rebooting my memory, this one is dsd capable,has analog / digital (toslink) line out, good looking, better uI (touchscreen), phone amp that measures well, cheaper than AK120II/240, reasonable sized and expandable storage, lots of eq stuff...

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #404 of 2,974
I still want to try this one out but man, that price is too much for my poor student wallet. Apart from the ciems I got, I have to buy a new smartphone and gaming mouse too because both of them got broken very recently. Nevertheless, for the moment this device is in the top of my list.

I used to have an old Cowon, while those fancy EQ settings look interesting and nice but at the end I remember turning them off because the sound was too much digital and altered for me. Now I grow up and my preferences changed a lot. For example while ago I was a diehard analytical/flat sounding fan, now I am leaning more towards to warm/bassy or how do you say, "fun" sounding monitors. So I am thinking maybe I might happen to like P1 and its JetAudio thingies.

Also optical out is nice for something like possible "end of the game" Hugo purchase.

Jul 14, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #405 of 2,974

Design is subjective although if only 6/10 for build then this is suicide for Cowon considering the price. Are we sure his player is the final production model?

Honestly no clue. Bottom line is I will wait a bit before investing...with 901, RWAK240 and Tera at home, competition is stiff for newcomers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back