Cowon Plenue D
Jan 1, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #421 of 4,954

Out of curiousity, is the lag attributed to the number of files/songs in your card?

I don't know. Maybe a small bit, but I did notice the heavy lag when I turned it on for the first time without my files.

My J3 and the new D have the exact same 7,500 files on them, and the J3's UI lags less. So even if the number of files have an impact, the J3 appears to handle it better. At least at this point in time.

Jan 1, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #422 of 4,954

I don't know. Maybe a small bit, but I did notice the heavy lag when I turned it on for the first time without my files.

My J3 and the new D have the exact same 7,500 files on them, and the J3's UI lags less. So even if the number of files have an impact, the J3 appears to handle it better. At least at this point in time.

Are you on 1.02 firmware?

Jan 1, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #424 of 4,954
Jan 1, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #425 of 4,954
http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/best_sellers.php

Top selling DAP on AMP3 at the moment (probably down to us
bigsmile_face.gif
). If this a reflection of sales to come (when it hits Amazon and the US, properly) the accessories shouldn't be too far away.

Jan 1, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #426 of 4,954
Jan 1, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #428 of 4,954

Seems like this users new Plenue D's UI is smooth. This makes me wonder if it is because of the large amount of files on your card OR maybe you got a lemon set?

On that, has anyone compared this to Fiio X1's, X5II's and Sansa Clip+'s players? Mine is slowly dying and I wouldn't mind something real close to Sansa's 'neutral' sounding DAP.

Jan 1, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #429 of 4,954
What you think about it ?

Going from a J3 so far so good .... Most of my listening has been with Blox earbuds and the MC2 really shines.

Sadly my HD650s (Impedance 300 ohms) don't shine at all, very noticeable distortion at 90% Volume ... 85% vol it's fine but too low sound, your going to need an amp to drive them.

Overall I am pleased still more to test and tweak but nothing bad to say so far.

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #430 of 4,954
Going from a J3 so far so good .... Most of my listening has been with Blox earbuds and the MC2 really shines.

Sadly my HD650s (Impedance 300 ohms) don't shine at all, very noticeable distortion at 90% Volume ... 85% vol it's fine but too low sound, your going to need an amp to drive them.

Overall I am pleased still more to test and tweak but nothing bad to say so far.

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #431 of 4,954
Hi guys.  Does the Plenue D has a bookmark function like the C2, D20 and M2?  This function is crucial in my everyday use. (I know it has Favorite function but that's different.)
Thanks.

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #433 of 4,954

Seems like this users new Plenue D's UI is smooth. This makes me wonder if it is because of the large amount of files on your card OR maybe you got a lemon set?

On that, has anyone compared this to Fiio X1's, X5II's and Sansa Clip+'s players? Mine is slowly dying and I wouldn't mind something real close to Sansa's 'neutral' sounding DAP.

That guy speed up the footage for his video and did a post commentary, he does mention that the UI is a little laggy though but his video isn't representative of the device. Ive been checking youtube everyday for new videos but unfortunately there isn't much to see online of its UI.

Jan 2, 2016 at 7:08 AM Post #434 of 4,954
Just relax. The UI is better than the DX90s.

Jan 2, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #435 of 4,954

Which is lame considering how old the J3 is. What have they done? Put a lower spec processor inside lol? 2001?

Thing is tho, this is the second speeded up Plenue D video I have seen so far, 2/2 vids, both speeded up. Sus as ****** if u ask me.

Just relax. The UI is better than the DX90s.

Better than a rockboxed DX90? Surely not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back