Cowon Plenue D
May 28, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #2,821 of 4,949
Well i took the plunge today and ordered the Cowon Plenue D off of ebay, Always liked my Cowon X7, so this should be a nice progression for me, looking forward to it. This thread has been informative, helped me make the decision to purchase the unit.

May 28, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #2,822 of 4,949
Ive searched a lot of old threads for amp rubber bands but none of them are sold anymore.
Anyone know any trustworthy places that sell amp bands? Or are they just normal wrist bands some of you use.
Also saw a blackstar amp wallet which is also unavailable, anything likr that available?
Would a amp band even work with PD?
Thanks.

May 28, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #2,823 of 4,949
You could try these:
http://www.aloaudio.com/alo-audio-silicone-amp-straps-black-with-logo

I'm sure there are discount places to get them a whole cheaper...

May 28, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #2,825 of 4,949
May 28, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #2,827 of 4,949
May 28, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #2,829 of 4,949
  in the end a rubber band is a rubber band. The difference of rubber bands "specially" made for dap/amps is that
a fancy logo is printed on them and they charge you 20 dollars for 1 piece instead of 1 dollar for 20 pieces.

well logo +1 swag
redface.gif

May 29, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #2,830 of 4,949
  in the end a rubber band is a rubber band. The difference of rubber bands "specially" made for dap/amps is that
a fancy logo is printed on them and they charge you 20 dollars for 1 piece instead of 1 dollar for 20 pieces.

Some of them just look so pretty.
I saw a headfi one that I heard was distributed at Canjam

May 29, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #2,831 of 4,949
I like to say Hello for the first time to all forum members!

After owning the Plenue D for a while now and reading all the related posts in this thread, I have to kindly ask for a potential NEW problem, which may not have been discussed here so far, I guess. The problem exists to my best knowlegde as follows: 

While listening to gentle piano music with a lot of quiet passages between the notes, I noticed a strange artificial noise for the first time last night. Within irregular intervals of about 10 seconds there is a regular (reoccurring) high frequency distortion (twitter) of about half a second. This is of very low level, but still clearly audible. This only happens, when the display is in OFF mode! While the display is active, this never happened, I double-checked this of course! Also, on this occasion I noticed, that there is only true gapless playing when the display is on - you can hear clearly artifacts between the tracks when the display is in OFF mode - so there is probably some relation. This happened with .wav format music files saved on internal memory only so far! I did not recognize any problems with music saved on SD storage, as far as I can tell at the moment.  

So this is very strange. It may be related to a software problem, but as well to some hardware problems due to circuit design, as it only seems to happen when using the internal memory and display off.

This is annoying, as there is much more energy withdrawn from the battery when the display is in ON Mode. Also, when falling asleep, I would definitely prefer to put the display in off mode. 

Did anybody detect the same problem so far? Is there any solution foreseeable?

Thanks to everybody for providing very good informations on this forum, so I could decide on this Plenue D unit, which is an absolute best buy from my point of view, and I have owned many sort of high end gear during the last thirty years.

Best regards, jazz64       

May 29, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #2,832 of 4,949
Well im getting close to getting one of these.. nearly pressed Buy. . Lol
But i keep saying , Wait a minure..... do i , will i need this. Lol
Having a liad of sony, sabsa, and onky just oucked up the new Agptex. Imp , .... damn
Thing us my music is only ripped in my oc, in windows meadia, etc.... and iv only just started to copy in thevhigher quality if 196 kbs... rather than 126...... which im sure , is still not as good as some of you on here.... Also iv never formatted any cards before...lol.... I Assume this is a easy thing to do.
And just dragging and dropping my music into the player, and card as easy as im used to doing....
Even though i know my music comes oyt all over the place, tagfed not great i expect, And looks like might still be same with this. Cowon.....
So not sure how long this 10 % off will be on for , i think only for may. ?
Need to have a think......

May 29, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #2,833 of 4,949
Well im getting close to getting one of these.. nearly pressed Buy. . Lol
But i keep saying , Wait a minure..... do i , will i need this. Lol
Having a liad of sony, sabsa, and onky just oucked up the new Agptex. Imp , .... damn
Thing us my music is only ripped in my oc, in windows meadia, etc.... and iv only just started to copy in thevhigher quality if 196 kbs... rather than 126...... which im sure , is still not as good as some of you on here.... Also iv never formatted any cards before...lol.... I Assume this is a easy thing to do.
And just dragging and dropping my music into the player, and card as easy as im used to doing....
Even though i know my music comes oyt all over the place, tagfed not great i expect, And looks like might still be same with this. Cowon.....
So not sure how long this 10 % off will be on for , i think only for may. ?
Need to have a think......
Need, Nothing in here is a need. Want yep.

May 29, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #2,834 of 4,949
Lol ... so right.... sorry about my post by the way, as looks like a few words come out spelt wrong ?

May 29, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #2,835 of 4,949

Users who are viewing this thread

Back