Cowon Plenue D
May 20, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #2,761 of 4,949
  In the way that you two (@Hi-Fi'er and @sledgeharvy) are discussing, are there DAPs that have a visual folder hierarchy without touchscreen, like with physical buttons? Or are physical buttons also a hindrance in this matter?
I personally would never buy DAPS like the Alien DAP because its screenless and being me I cycle in and out of different folders to listen different music. I dont create playlists because of my random urges to listen to different genres.
Just curious.

Edit: I have nothing against the player itself just the fact that it has no screen, it probably has great sound.

Physical buttons are practically more on DAP's than not. There is nothing wrong with them. I would not get something with no screen or EQ or other sound adjusting options. That's just me. The PD is a great place to start.

May 20, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #2,762 of 4,949
  Physical buttons are practically more on DAP's than not. There is nothing wrong with them. I would not get something with no screen or EQ or other sound adjusting options. That's just me. The PD is a great place to start.

I realized after I typed the physical button part on how silly that was. Thanks. I mean if you dont have physical buttons how will it work if there was no touch screen as well lol. 

May 21, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #2,763 of 4,949
  In the way that you two (@Hi-Fi'er and @sledgeharvy) are discussing, are there DAPs that have a visual folder hierarchy without touchscreen, like with physical buttons? Or are physical buttons also a hindrance in this matter?
I personally would never buy DAPS like the Alien DAP because its screenless and being me I cycle in and out of different folders to listen different music. I dont create playlists because of my random urges to listen to different genres.
Just curious.

Edit: I have nothing against the player itself just the fact that it has no screen, it probably has great sound.

rockboxed ipod classic/xduuo x3/sansa clip plus etc probably comes close to what you want.

May 21, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #2,766 of 4,949
  btw. the screen protectors for the Canon EOS 600D do fit perfectly on the PD - i bought mine really cheap - 6pcs. for 2.99€, they are really non expensive to get.
There are many cameras with similar display dimensions (ca.50x70mm) - maybe some other protectors will do the job - i took the EOS 600D Versions and it worked.

I just received my 600D screen protectors and they worked like a charm and was a perfect fit for the Plenue D.  I bought 5 screen protectors for $1.99 shipped and the seller ships from NJ so I received it in 2 days.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291744831018?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

May 22, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #2,767 of 4,949
May 22, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #2,768 of 4,949
Did they fix the pitch issue on the xduoo x3?

You can now rockbox the x3 which sorts it out I believe.  This is of topic for the plenue d thread now though.  Been tempted by the D to replace my knackered clip plus but somethings just putting me off it.  Don't know what.

May 22, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #2,769 of 4,949

You can now rockbox the x3 which sorts it out I believe.  This is of topic for the plenue d thread now though.  Been tempted by the D to replace my knackered clip plus but somethings just putting me off it.  Don't know what.

plenue d > xduoo x3

May 22, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #2,770 of 4,949
  Been tempted by the D to replace my knackered clip plus but somethings just putting me off it.  Don't know what.

I think a lot of people concentrate too much on what's in vogue or obsess about finding gear with the best spec list. I usually do a personal checklist of what I want and check whether the gear meets my criteria.

Simple but effective (for me anyway).

May 22, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #2,771 of 4,949
  I think a lot of people concentrate too much on what's in vogue or obsess about finding gear with the best spec list. I usually do a personal checklist of what I want and check whether the gear meets my criteria.

Simple but effective (for me anyway).

yes best implementation with an average chip vs the worst implementation with a totl chip!

May 22, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #2,772 of 4,949
How about the glass type? Does it fit well? :D

I ordered the glass but it's coming from China so I'll be waiting a while for it. The problem I see for my situation is that the official Cowon leather case might not be able to handle the bulk of a tempered glass screen protector done it is already a tight fit. I'll find out when I get the screen protector.

May 22, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #2,773 of 4,949
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering about getting a small amp for my Plenue D to drive my new ATH-MSR7 better.

I have an old Fiio E5 but looking for something better, preferably not too big since the PD is a pretty small player. Any advice? I need something quite cheap, under 80 euros ($90) if possible.

I've been looking at the Fiio A3, seems nice but much bigger than my PD.

Thanks!

May 22, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #2,774 of 4,949
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering about getting a small amp for my Plenue D to drive my new ATH-MSR7 better.

I have an old Fiio E5 but looking for something better, preferably not too big since the PD is a pretty small player. Any advice? I need something quite cheap, under 80 euros ($90) if possible.

I've been looking at the Fiio A3, seems nice but much bigger than my PD.

Thanks!

The Fiio E18 is around that price. If you can save a few more Euros, then you can buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back