Cowon Plenue D
May 8, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #2,572 of 4,954

It suits the person who says "today I want to listen to these 5 albums" and off they go and load music onto a card (or already have that done) and insert and hit play, no fuss, just excellent sound quality which lures the listener to doing just that (listening) and not fiddling with features. 

I understand what you are trying to say, but loading music onto a card every day = way more fuss than I want to deal with. Heck, I have a hard time forcing myself to load new music onto a card once a month. Also, I don't think that one needs to be inconvenienced with lack of screen/features in order to enjoy "listening". And I don't consider being able to visually scroll through a card full of albums on my dap to be "fiddling with features".

Anyway, no doubt that the alien sounds great. And I'm happy for the folks such as yourself who can enjoy it.

May 8, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #2,573 of 4,954

I understand what you are trying to say, but loading music onto a card every day = way more fuss than I want to deal with. Heck, I have a hard time forcing myself to load new music onto a card once a month. Also, I don't think that one needs to be inconvenienced with lack of screen/features in order to enjoy "listening". And I don't consider being able to visually scroll through a card full of albums on my dap to be "fiddling with features".

Anyway, no doubt that the alien sounds great. And I'm happy for the folks such as yourself who can enjoy it.

Absolutely, it's totally user dependent. Before owning the Shozy I was (and still am) a avid Cowon fan, I used their 'Favourites' or OTG playlist building exclusively, I wondered how I would manage without in on the Alien. But tbh it really wasn't too hard, i just got into the habit of using either foobar or winamp on my pc to browse (quickly and efficiently I might add) my music collection in the morning, over a coffee and build a playlist I wanted that day. I then copied said playlist to the sd card and inserted into the Alien and off I went.
It's actually a similar process I use to this day with my AP100, instead of copying actual files from a playlist across to the sd card I instead just save the m3u file that I have created and use that for the day.

Where the Alien loses is if you have a change of heart, you thought you wanted to listen to x, y and z, but now that yer getting started u actually crave a, b and c.

FWIW It wasn't everyday, sometimes that playlist I created was sufficient for the week, I would randomly shuffle it again or again, for example it might have been say 8hrs worth of playlist music, but I was using the DAP 3-4x/week for periods of 2-3hrs at a time, so there was room to do a repeat etc.

As i said, we all interact with out music and DAPs differently. If there already exists a home user who is a fan of vinyl then the Shozy won't come across as a difficult learning curve.

May 9, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #2,576 of 4,954
Official Brown and Navy cases are back up on Ebay if anyone's interested, £25.99. I bought my case from them. (Dispatched from within the UK, You can buy by card, received mine 2 days later).  Get in quick if you want one, they have a nasty habit of adding £100 when they get to the last case :mad:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-Cowon-PLENUE-D-Leather-Case-Brown-/182060492219

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Genuine-Cowon-PLENUE-D-Leather-Case-NAVY/152045367447

Bought.
10x

May 9, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #2,578 of 4,954

This is my little hate, there's a few presets that are OK but might be better tweaked but no way of knowing the settings.
You'd think Cowon would have a leaflet showing the presets + settings.

Agreed. I like how some DAP's let you adjust the preset even and you can see it at least but not save over it. Even that would be nice to have. 

May 9, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #2,579 of 4,954
Folks,

How good is the portrayal of timbre and it's accuracy in the Plenue D, and how does it compare with the tonality of the Mojo. Would appreciate any inputs.

Thanks and cheers

not too shabby

May 9, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #2,580 of 4,954
Just had 30 minutes of panic with my Plenue.
It slipped out of my hand and fell about 2 foot but at the speed of light I managed to catch it before it hit the floor - phew.
The display went off and wouldn't come back on after trying everything, so I was just about to email the place I bought it from and suddenly the Plenue words appeared.
What the ..... ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back