Cowon J3 - Personal User EQ Settings
Apr 9, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #166 of 221
Quote:
Any good eq setting that compliments my GR07? i want something not too agressive.. little boost in the bass little reduction in the treble harsh and and nice transperency, instrument seperation and surround feeling.. Pretty much something between BBE viva and normal.

Hmm, try this: 
EQ tab: 
80Hz +2 Wide
300Hz +1 Normal
3.0kHz -2 Normal
9.0kHz -1 Wide

BBE+ tab:
BBE +3  (too much of this adds treble harshness)
Mach3Bass +2
3D Surround +2
MP Enhance On

SE tab:
Stereo Enhance +3 or 4 (adds separation)

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #167 of 221

Quote:

Hmm, try this: 
EQ tab: 
80Hz +2 Wide
300Hz +1 Normal
3.0kHz -2 Normal
9.0kHz -1 Wide

BBE+ tab:
BBE +3  (too much of this adds treble harshness)
Mach3Bass +2
3D Surround +2
MP Enhance On

SE tab:
Stereo Enhance +3 or 4 (adds separation)

Hey nice one.. i mixed yours with mine and now i found something really good. I left unaffected the freq range and didnt reduced them as much you suggested but i gave a try to the MP enchance and the stereo E.

Apr 21, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #171 of 221

Quote:

Does the reduced  300Hz frequency helps into seperating bass from mids?

To my ears, it definitely does. The W4's frequency response curve has a slight mid bass hump, so I toned it down to compensate for it. The drawback is I have to turn the volume up a couple notches, but that's a small price to pay.

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #172 of 221
For my Ety ER-4P to add some body and thickness in the lower regions -- good starting point for other similar analytical BA phones like CK10, DBA-02, etc.

80Hz +4 Wide
385Hz +4 Wide
1.1kHz +1 Normal
2.4kHz 0 Normal
11.7kHz +1 Normal

BBE 3-6, (depending on hotness or dullness of album)
M3B 7
MP On
SE 2

May 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #174 of 221
I have the Alessandro MS-1i, and I'm not sure how differently the HF-2 with wood cups would sound, but surely still in the Grado "house" sound -- but here are my J3 settings for it:

EQ:
Flat across the board

BBE+:
BBE: 3 (keeps it from sounding too hot, metallic)
M3Bass: 2  (just enough to add some impact)
MP Enh: On

SE and Reverb are off as the MS-1i is open enough sounding already.

May 3, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #175 of 221
Thx for the suggest..

It's a nice not colored sound.. I'm trying to find my own sound, so this helps a lot. I still need to listen a bit longer to see how it fits me over time.

Changing at the moment with

Grado HF-2 Custom Martin/Bloodwood:

80hz +2 (wide)
500hz+1 (wide)
1.1khz +2 (narrow)
4.1khz +3 (wide)
13khz +4 (normal)

BBE 5
Mach3Bass 5
3D off
MP off - only flac

And the Arrow amp with Bass 1 and gain 1

Listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd + Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm trying to get a bit more warm soft sound which helps my ears relax

May 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #176 of 221
Does anyone know how can i find out if any ones put up a preference for Sonys MDR EX1000s?? as i dont want to go tthrough 20 pages of searching :/

I had my own but my J3 just stopped working while watching a video on it one day?? i tried resetting it but everytime it loads it stops a quater of the way and after 2 minutes of nothing tells you important files are missing (cant remember the two?) that are obviously required to run the J3. it wont even allow the J3 to connect to the computer. But! how on earth can files dissapear while your using your mp3 unplugged and undropped?? i wrote to Cowon and showed them a pic of my 'files missing picture' on the J3, but they never wrote back. Maybe because they know (as it wont connect to a computer) the only solution is replacement? which im not sure im intitled to as during the first week the screen got a crack from top to bottom, and i never even witnessed how it happened? yeah i dropped it a couple times but always picked it up straight away, and in such a scenario its kind of a hard thing to miss if youve just picked it back up?? regardless the mp3 interface worked fine for the next month or so until the before mentioned happened, does anyone know whether im still intitled to a replacement as my warranty is still valid. i know i wud be except for the fact that the screen was cracked so??... i cant find the pics atm soz

so i had found my ideal EQ settings for Westone 4 (sold) and Sony's EX1000 but never got round to posting it. :D but will have a new J3 in 3 days (bought outta my own pocket money): :') its been 3 months since :'( and have a rough idea of my preference so will post a preference when i figure it out soon...

...but back to my orginal question "Does anyone know how can i find out if any ones put up a preference for Sonys MDR EX1000s?? as i dont want to go through 20 pages of searching :/"
and any other responses to the faulty J3 point i put out are more than welcome! i can find the pics if youd like. X

May 5, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #177 of 221
Quote:
Does anyone know how can i find out if any ones put up a preference for Sonys MDR EX1000s?? as i dont want to go tthrough 20 pages of searching :/

I had my own but my J3 just stopped working while watching a video on it one day?? i tried resetting it but everytime it loads it stops a quater of the way and after 2 minutes of nothing tells you important files are missing (cant remember the two?) that are obviously required to run the J3. it wont even allow the J3 to connect to the computer. But! how on earth can files dissapear while your using your mp3 unplugged and undropped?? i wrote to Cowon and showed them a pic of my 'files missing picture' on the J3, but they never wrote back. Maybe because they know (as it wont connect to a computer) the only solution is replacement? which im not sure im intitled to as during the first week the screen got a crack from top to bottom, and i never even witnessed how it happened? yeah i dropped it a couple times but always picked it up straight away, and in such a scenario its kind of a hard thing to miss if youve just picked it back up?? regardless the mp3 interface worked fine for the next month or so until the before mentioned happened, does anyone know whether im still intitled to a replacement as my warranty is still valid. i know i wud be except for the fact that the screen was cracked so??... i cant find the pics atm soz

so i had found my ideal EQ settings for Westone 4 (sold) and Sony's EX1000 but never got round to posting it. :D but will have a new J3 in 3 days (bought outta my own pocket money): :') its been 3 months since :'( and have a rough idea of my preference so will post a preference when i figure it out soon...

...but back to my orginal question "Does anyone know how can i find out if any ones put up a preference for Sonys MDR EX1000s?? as i dont want to go through 20 pages of searching :/"
and any other responses to the faulty J3 point i put out are more than welcome! i can find the pics if youd like. X

Tried this?
http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showpost.php?p=296821&postcount=1

May 5, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #178 of 221
Quote:
I have the Alessandro MS-1i, and I'm not sure how differently the HF-2 with wood cups would sound, but surely still in the Grado "house" sound -- but here are my J3 settings for it:

EQ:
Flat across the board

BBE+:
BBE: 3 (keeps it from sounding too hot, metallic)
M3Bass: 2  (just enough to add some impact)
MP Enh: On

SE and Reverb are off as the MS-1i is open enough sounding already.

Quote:
Thx for the suggest..

It's a nice not colored sound.. I'm trying to find my own sound, so this helps a lot. I still need to listen a bit longer to see how it fits me over time.

Changing at the moment with

Grado HF-2 Custom Martin/Bloodwood:

80hz +2 (wide)
500hz+1 (wide)
1.1khz +2 (narrow)
4.1khz +3 (wide)
13khz +4 (normal)

BBE 5
Mach3Bass 5
3D off
MP off - only flac

And the Arrow amp with Bass 1 and gain 1

Listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd + Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm trying to get a bit more warm soft sound which helps my ears relax

now im using cowon z2 and MS1i,,, idk how to make good custom eq, and i just make some and my ms1i sound weird,, but with two above settings its sounds much better,,, thanks guys,, 
but its still not compatible with my ear,,, so is there any one can help me with another settings??

May 6, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #179 of 221
been extremely pleased with the J3 which I just got, after falling in love with Galaxy S + rooted + Voodoo Sound............

Now I'm doubting whether I even need the new Fiio E17 which I've had for a month.  I have TF10 and DT880 250ohm cans.

I have been enjoying the J3 all day today......until I found these settings................now pretty much every single Jeteffect Preset sounds veiled!  

I'm gonna tinker around with the two recommended TF10 settings and the Korean site most popular settings which someone posted.....and the setting which 2 people happened to get (nearly identical) except one person had the S9. 

Anyone else have the E17 and J3 combo?    your thoughts?   before I got the J3 I have been extremely pleased with it....

May 9, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #180 of 221
Quote:
So I will try to post some of the most popular/recommended eq settings posted from a cowon MINI PMP, which is a korean fansite of sorts for anything related to cowon products. These might not be necessarily good depending on your preference but I have been enjoying them.

4     /     2     /     4     /     5     /     4​
105     /     220     /     1.1     /     3.0     /     11.7​
Normal    /    Wide    /    Wide    /    Normal    /    Wide​
 ​
 ​
BBE : 6​
Mach3Bass : 4​
3D Surround : 1​
MP Enhance : off​
 ​
Stereo Enhance : 1​
Reverb : off​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
the eq that I am currently using right now.​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

The most popular eq setting 

blank.gif
blank.gif
[size=18pt]6
[size=18pt][size=10pt]3~4
[size=18pt]6[/size] [size=18pt]4[/size] [size=18pt]6[/size]
eq_bar_setting02.gif
blank.gif
eq_bar_cbg.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
eq_bar_cbg.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
eq_bar_cbg.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
eq_bar_cbg.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
eq_bar_cbg.gif
blank.gif

Band1 Band2 Band3 Band4 Band5
[/size]

[/size]

eq_icon.gif
 EQ Filter

Band . 6 3~4 6 4 6
Frequency 105Hz 300Hz 1.1KHz 3.0 KHz 9 KHz
Bandwidth Wide Normal Wide Normal Wide

blank.gif
eq_icon.gif

BBE
blank.gif

eq_bar_cbg.gif
blank.gif

Level
[size=18pt][size=10pt]1~

[/size]
blank.gif
eq_icon.gif

Mach3Bass
blank.gif
blank.gif
eq_bar_cbg.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
Level [size=18pt]4[size=10pt]~[size=11pt]5
[/size][/size]
[/size]
blank.gif
eq_icon.gif
3D
Surround
blank.gif
blank.gif
eq_bar_cbg.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
Level [size=18pt]1
[/size]
blank.gif
eq_icon.gif
MP
Enhance
blank.gif
blank.gif
eq_bar_cbg.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif
[size=18pt]ON
[출처] 전설의 시작 ! 『 올라운드 EQ 3탄 』 (COWON MINI PMP (코원 미니 피엠피) MP3 D2/D3/S9/i9/J3/X7/C2) |작성자 에레미엘

[/size]
[/size]

[/size]
 ​
 ​
 ​

I tried out most of the settings people posted and this is my favorite so far. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back