Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Nov 13, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #3,421 of 5,310
  Good service or just plain creepy? 
biggrin.gif

creepily good service. That's my experience with them thus far.

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #3,422 of 5,310
Definitely second the incredible service.
I sent my BA4F's back for refitting because my right ear just wasn't getting a tight seal.
Originally sent it in with the old circular black case that my ciems came in but look what I got back.

2 new cases and even a new bag! :D

Furthermore, Phil even offered to put my initials on my Ciems(originally blank) for FREE

After receiving them back and listening to just a few songs I came to the conclusion that the seal plays a very important role in producing good sound.
My god, it sounds SO much better than before! If your not getting good isolation you're missing out on quite a bit!

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #3,423 of 5,310
  - Smarphone Mic & Remote : Unfortunately, no remote cable at this time for the Cosmic Ears CIEM

You can try the UE custom inline cable, it should work with your BA4s. I'm currently using the before 9/1/2010 UE cable on my BA4F and they fit perfectly fine, the custom inline cable does have plastic around the pins but it's just soft plastic and can be cut off cleanly. I know this because I did this with my spare after 9/1/2010 UE cable and it fits fine on my BA4F as well. Just thought I'd make a suggestion to you if the mic and remote cable is really that important to you.
biggrin.gif

http://pro.ultimateears.com/en-us/ue/custom-in-ear-monitors/accessories

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #3,425 of 5,310
Man, they really must be backed up. My BA2s have been in final finishing/packaging for almost 2 weeks.

Phil (who's been really responsive to emails) said they would ship last Tuesday; pretty disappointed to not even have them shipped yet as of now. Anyone else having similar delays?

Nov 18, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #3,426 of 5,310
  Man, they really must be backed up. My BA2s have been in final finishing/packaging for almost 2 weeks.

Phil (who's been really responsive to emails) said they would ship last Tuesday; pretty disappointed to not even have them shipped yet as of now. Anyone else having similar delays?

I'm expecting stuff too that was shipped last monday, still hasn't arrived. I blame Swedish post :wink:

Nov 18, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #3,427 of 5,310
With the "Heavy Load" message still in, I think they are still rather busy. I think it wouldn't hurt to probe him about it... Though there is also the possibility of it being shipped but the status is not updated.

Anyway, anyone having problems accessing the website now? I can't access it at all.

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #3,429 of 5,310
Website : We have checked the logs etc for the website and we can report that there has been no downtime from the server side.

Shipping: We have been experiencing issues with Swedish Posten, our current courier. We are in the process of finalising an agreement with a new courier that will give a more reliable, faster and better service, I hope to have this complete in the next few days and will post an update on our Facebook and Website. In the meantime we will chase up all delayed shipments. 

Nov 19, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #3,431 of 5,310
They just posted to Facebook:

We are please to announce that we have almost caught up with our outstanding production. Our offices will be closed from December 3rd to December 18th to give the team a rest before we come into the Christmas period.

This means we will start taking more orders from December 20th.

Nov 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #3,434 of 5,310
I for one, am really looking forward to the BA6.

I'm hoping it performs close to another 'budget' 6 driver cIEM, the 1964 V6 stage.
I've read some amazing reviews on this monitor, and technically it's extremely close to the JH13 freqphase.

[I hope Phil is reading this] Any news on the release date of the BA6? :D

Oh, and I will be returning the D-Zero very soon. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back