Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Nov 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #3,391 of 5,310
  Ear impressions made and sent! Actually quite an enjoyable experience, having your ears filled with silicone...

I've still got that to look forward to. I'm still moving up (hopefully?) the waiting list. 
triportsad.gif

Does Phil do the frequency magnitude graphs on request of BA4f's? The signal processing engineer in me is very interested in the testing equipment, methodology and frequency response of my to-be custom IEMs.

Nov 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #3,392 of 5,310
Sent my impressions off today :) for a BA4f

The audiologist went very deep with mine. Let's hope they come out good this time

Nov 7, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #3,393 of 5,310
I just received the D-Zero and 3 shells with new colors!
Sorry if im clueless haha but what is te D-zero? Is it a new product or...

I've photographed them for your pleasure. It was extremely hard to get the colors right, but I think I caught their 'essence'.

Nebula purple magma glitter:

Green nebula-ish blue shell with glitter:

Purple pink-ish nebula:

FYI: these are in fact the official names for the new colors. They aren't.

I haven't yet listened to the D-Zero, because I'm actually expecting another package today. Can't miss the doorbell...

Nov 8, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #3,397 of 5,310
  I've still got that to look forward to. I'm still moving up (hopefully?) the waiting list. 
triportsad.gif

Does Phil do the frequency magnitude graphs on request of BA4f's? The signal processing engineer in me is very interested in the testing equipment, methodology and frequency response of my to-be custom IEMs.

I doubt it, he did my q-jays to see if they could be reshelled.

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #3,398 of 5,310
We normally do not post FR of our configurations, there are many reasons for this but the main reasons are:

1. A FR is not always a true representation of the actual sound, I have developed configurations that seem to have a great FR but when actually listened to IRL sound awful, there is so much more to designing a CIEM other than the FR.
  2. A FR can be misinterpreted, a FR is almost meaningless unless one is fully aware of the measurement equipment, software and technique used.

Whenever we reshell an existing IEM we always measure the donor and send the FR to the customer, the FR can reveal any driver or phase issues and it gives us an idea if the donor is functioning correctly.

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #3,399 of 5,310
Can anyone provide a comparison between the ibasso DX50 vs Fiio X3? I would great appreciate any comments. Also with my HY3's does anyone here think it will be necessary for me to get a usb DAC on top of a port amp and one of these DAPs or is it overkill?

Nov 9, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #3,400 of 5,310
Can anyone provide a comparison between the ibasso DX50 vs Fiio X3? I would great appreciate any comments. Also with my HY3's does anyone here think it will be necessary for me to get a usb DAC on top of a port amp and one of these DAPs or is it overkill?

I would go for the DX50, the X3 should sound warm and kinda analogue in comparison. 

And are you asking if you need a huge stack for your HY3's? You absolutely do not need that.

If you want a dac/amp combo for your desktop, I would highly suggest the ODAC and O2. Or some other dac and the O2. The O2 is really, really good!

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #3,401 of 5,310
I eventually got my BA4F back from warranty. Unfortunately, the postman came thursday and I was only able to go to the post office on saturday.

So now, it sound wonderful and as I was expected it.

Next, I'll test the new shell to see if it is as comfortable as the previous one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back