Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Oct 23, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #3,211 of 5,310
The question is, whether you'd rather have a partial refund, or go back and forth with the cIEMs to alter the looks. 
I would just ask for a partial refund, especially since smoke is really pretty! Unless the black face plate is really important for you.

Thanks for the advice, I have a real feeling of the kid opening up the Xmas pressies to find out the toy is not the color I wanted.
Its a tough one.

I mean too be honest the extra 10 quid is nothing, the form says black but I get only full smoke, let me ask Phil.

So far bass is so much more than the W4r, it has more presence than the tf10 also.

Cheers

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #3,212 of 5,310
Thanks for the advice, I have a real feeling of the kid opening up the Xmas pressies to find out the toy is not the color I wanted.
Its a tough one.

I mean too be honest the extra 10 quid is nothing, the form says black but I get only full smoke, let me ask Phil.

So far bass is so much more than the W4r, it has more presence than the tf10 also.

Cheers

I know that feeling man. But trust me, comfort levels and SQ are way more important than looks. Especially if they already look really nice. I remember back when my models did not fit right, and the sound was off too. 

What is your source? I find that the bass levels of the BA4f are actually quite neutral, just a very slight boost of ~3 db. I think the tightness and extension of the bass gives its presence. The more I listen to it the BA4f, the more I appreciate it. It's like putting tiny microscopes in your ear that let you 'see' into the music.

Oct 23, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #3,213 of 5,310
The more I listen to it the BA4f, the more I appreciate it. It's like putting tiny microscopes in your ear that let you 'see' into the music.

THIS. I feel like I'm getting a new listening experience every single time I listen to music with my BA4Fs. :)

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #3,215 of 5,310
Just got my HY3's after a verrryy long delay!!! Initial fit is good despite a little bit of trouble getting them in and so far the sound is awesome!!! Looking forward to them improving even more after a little burn in :)

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #3,217 of 5,310
Its a tough one.

Cheers

If I were you, I'd send it back right away.
I mean, you paid for it, you deserve every single penny you spent.
But if you like it, then it's a different story.

And by the way, how long does it take to do the testing and QA for you guys? Mine is stuck in "testing and QA" for a week

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #3,218 of 5,310
And by the way, how long does it take to do the testing and QA for you guys? Mine is stuck in "testing and QA" for a week

It took two days for me but maybe they're more busy now?
I feel like I'm getting quite the improvement with the O2. 

O2 amp? Amping and amplified source? That sounds interesting, never really thought about that before. Or am I missing something?

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #3,219 of 5,310
  O2 amp? Amping and amplified source? That sounds interesting, never really thought about that before. Or am I missing something?

Oh, the E17 doesn't have a line-out? I believe there's an adapter for it right?
Yeah, the O2 amp would give quite the improvement over the E17 internal amp. As a dac the E17 is fine though!

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #3,220 of 5,310
  Oh, the E17 doesn't have a line-out? I believe there's an adapter for it right?
Yeah, the O2 amp would give quite the improvement over the E17 internal amp. As a dac the E17 is fine though!

There is a line out on the e17. I've just never used the e17 as a DAC as I already have a sound card. I really purchased it as an amp to take out since I rarely use earphones at home.

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #3,221 of 5,310
  There is a line out on the e17. I've just never used the e17 as a DAC as I already have a sound card. I really purchased it as an amp to take out since I rarely use earphones at home.

Oh ok! Yeah, the O2 is a bit big for portable use...

I have ordered the C5 for that. I hope the synergy between the C5 and the BA4f isn't as warm as Phil finds it to be. If it is, I'll just sell it.

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #3,222 of 5,310
I have ordered the C5 for that. I hope the synergy between the C5 and the BA4f isn't as warm as Phil finds it to be. If it is, I'll just sell it.

I dont think it is, Phil does and I know what he means cause with the C5 and BB on, you'll loose detail and clarity, but get warmth and bass. To me it depends on the music I'm listening too and the quality of the mp3s, but I can appreciate the C5. The DZero is more neutral, I like it as well, but you won't be able to get the extra bass.

I'm actually surprised to see people complain so quickly (like for example one week in the same stage) and there's almost no mention of all the positive things CE is doing, their customer service is exceptionally good.
I ordered 1964 V6 Stage at the end of september, only thing I heard was they received my impressions... am I worried, no. Just don't pressure these companies, they're doing a great job. Patience is a virtue

Oct 24, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #3,223 of 5,310

I dont think it is, Phil does and I know what he means cause with the C5 and BB on, you'll loose detail and clarity, but get warmth and bass. To me it depends on the music I'm listening too and the quality of the mp3s, but I can appreciate the C5. The DZero is more neutral, I like it as well, but you won't be able to get the extra bass.

I'm actually surprised to see people complain so quickly (like for example one week in the same stage) and there's almost no mention of all the positive things CE is doing, their customer service is exceptionally good.
I ordered 1964 V6 Stage at the end of september, only thing I heard was they received my impressions... am I worried, no. Just don't pressure these companies, they're doing a great job. Patience is a virtue

I think CE is a good company honestly, they even repaired my TF10 for FREE and that's the reason why it stayed in electronic assembly for 2 weeks and i really appreciate that.
But everything else was not what I've expected.
For example last Thursday when mine is on Final Finishing, Phil said it will be shipped tomorrow (which means Friday) but it didn't, still I have no complain since they repaired mine for free.
Then it changes to Testing and QA on Sunday, which also means it's not even close to being shipped nor packed.
4 days in and it's still in Testing and QA.

But all in all, I have no regret choosing CE, it's just that the estimated time was 4x the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back