Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 19, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #2,641 of 5,310
Quote:
So you are thinking about sending it back to get a BA4R? Did you discuss with Phil about how your monitors sound?

Also, this one is my own humble opinion but, slightly rolled off treble is not a bad thing. It makes them smooth and not fatiguing. I remember you don't like sibilance at all, so maybe that treble is good for you.

The treble is fine really! It is just being overshadowed by the bass, as are the mids. I did ask Phil if I could change the BA4f for the BA4r. Since the shells will have to be taken apart anwyay, this shouldn't be too big of a problem I think?

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #2,642 of 5,310
Quote:
The treble is fine really! It is just being overshadowed by the bass, as are the mids. I did ask Phil if I could change the BA4f for the BA4r. Since the shells will have to be taken apart anwyay, this shouldn't be too big of a problem I think?

Only Phil can know it matr but I wish you best of the luck 
wink.gif

Aug 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #2,643 of 5,310
Quote:
Only Phil can know it matr but I wish you best of the luck 
wink.gif

Yup, thanks :)

I think my tiny ear canals are definitely altering my listening experience. Bass diffuses in air, since my ear canals are about half the size of a normal human, this moving air is all concentrated. Which might explain why it has so much impact, and why it overshadows the other frequencies the way it does. 

Aug 20, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #2,644 of 5,310
Quote:
Yup, thanks :)

I think my tiny ear canals are definitely altering my listening experience. Bass diffuses in air, since my ear canals are about half the size of a normal human, this moving air is all concentrated. Which might explain why it has so much impact, and why it overshadows the other frequencies the way it does. 

That I can't know, they are your ears
happy_face1.gif
But I can say that Phil won't leave you disappointed. I am sure you guys will find a nice solution for your problem.

Aug 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #2,646 of 5,310
You guys that have your monitors in the finishing stages is so lucky, I don't even know where my impressions are. The tracking hasn't updated for 13 days, I guess they decided not to scan the tracking wherever it may be now. :frowning2:

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #2,648 of 5,310
Quote:
You guys that have your monitors in the finishing stages is so lucky, I don't even know where my impressions are. The tracking hasn't updated for 13 days, I guess they decided not to scan the tracking wherever it may be now. :frowning2:

I think I've mentioned before how bonkers swedish post is.  CE had signed for my package on a wednesday at 9:30 as expected and yet Swedish post still saw fit to update the page as "Delivery Unfulfilled"!  I reckon it could be worth a shot to fire Phil an email and ask under the circumstances.

Aug 20, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #2,649 of 5,310
Hmm I didn't have any problems with customs. I sent my impressions without tracking, and when I emailed Phil on the day that they were due to arrive, he said my shells had already been made. Mind you this was all the way back in March :D

Aug 20, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #2,650 of 5,310
Just wanted to see if anyone has any info on this. I signed up to get the HY3 in February. Confirmed with Phil in May and now in July that I still want to be on the list via email. I STILL have not been offered a chance to but these? Phil said they had some issues with wires etc, all the issues we've been hearing, and I do not want to keep hammer-emailing, but darn! Does anyone else have this long of a wait?!?

Aug 20, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #2,651 of 5,310
Quote:
Just wanted to see if anyone has any info on this. I signed up to get the HY3 in February. Confirmed with Phil in May and now in July that I still want to be on the list via email. I STILL have not been offered a chance to but these? Phil said they had some issues with wires etc, all the issues we've been hearing, and I do not want to keep hammer-emailing, but darn! Does anyone else have this long of a wait?!?

Go to the Cosmic Ears store, click on the model that you want, and then under the list of options, there will be a link to register and request "enabling the store." Submit that form and wait for Phil to enable the store for you, then you can order. Did you already send your impressions? If not, send them first and then do this.

Aug 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #2,653 of 5,310
Quote:
I think I've mentioned before how bonkers swedish post is.  CE had signed for my package on a wednesday at 9:30 as expected and yet Swedish post still saw fit to update the page as "Delivery Unfulfilled"!  I reckon it could be worth a shot to fire Phil an email and ask under the circumstances.

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe I should but I think 13 days including weekends is still not long enough yet. Considering how it has to go through customs and what not.

Quote:
EU customs are really awful, could it be they are still stuck there? 

Not sure, the only updates it's had was when it was processed through a sorting facility near me. The guy that was at the post office did tell me that they may choose not to scan the tracking that starts with LC, so maybe they just didn't scan it after it got to EU.

Funny update, I randomly received an email from Phil this morning about them enabling the shop for me and it turns out that they received my impressions! :)

Aug 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #2,655 of 5,310
How long does it generally take for them to enable the store for you for an iem that you want to buy once you've requested it?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back