Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Dec 8, 2012 at 7:59 AM Post #1,156 of 5,310
Thanks for your input. Yeah, I probably still have a some time before they start production of Flex line, but I need to decide what option I want. I'd like something that would come out of the fusion between Tandems and Audeo with silver filters. That being said, guess twin balanced armature would be closer, wouldn't it? 

Dual or triple armature may have too much bass for my liking due to greater number of transducers, so I'm stuck between two mentioned above.

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #1,157 of 5,310
I was thinking about getting the twin BA flex, but now am tempted by the HY2.

Which would produce a better sound for trance music? I am not a big fan of heavy bass, preferring cleaner vocals. so was leaning towards the twin BA?

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #1,158 of 5,310
Quote:
I was thinking about getting the twin BA flex, but now am tempted by the HY2.

Which would produce a better sound for trance music? I am not a big fan of heavy bass, preferring cleaner vocals. so was leaning towards the twin BA?

I haven't heard the HY2 (obviously), but I use my twin micros for electronic music on a daily basis (mainly E-house, glitch and brostep :p ). I would describe myself as a basshead as I do EQ up the bass in the TBA quite a bit, and boy do they deliver. Un-EQ:ed however, they are not bass heavy! I've recently started listening more and more to music containing female vocals (Nero, Krewella, Xilent, Seven Lions etc...) and I think this is largely thanks to the excellent vocal reproduction of the TBA CE:s. 

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #1,159 of 5,310
Minor, unexciting update from me - sent my new impressions in along with my Flex twin micro to be redone for tighter fit. I miss them twins - they were my go-to IEM for sleeping. They also sounded really good! 

The return package should have the fixed Flex twin along with the HY3 (actually a Flex configured with some extra options), so I'm excited about that. 

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #1,164 of 5,310
Hi all. Some pics here of something Phil at Cosmic Ears has made for me. This is a one off, totally unique and NOT available as an order. It has purely been an experiment and test item. Guesses welcome as to exactly what it is and I will confirm if you get it right :evil:

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #1,168 of 5,310
That is one dynamic and 4 BA. Well two twin to be precise. Has a three way crossover. Dynamic for lows, the large twin for mids and the smaller twin for highs. If not that are two single units or one maybe single and twin. Lucky whatever it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back