Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Nov 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #961 of 5,310
Quote:

And I'm just patiently waiting for CE to start selling them again... 
popcorn.gif

BTW, can you compare the bass quantity and quality to your GR07 MK2?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/626714/cosmic-ears-new-ciem-company-with-crazy-low-prices-including-hybrid-designs/870#post_8860716 
biggrin.gif

That said, since I wrote that, I think this is capable of reaching further down and delivering more bass than the GR07 when required, but on a neutral source such as the the Clip Zip with a flat EQ, it is about the same.

I think I mentioned in my impressions/review, the HY3 is highly amenable to EQ. It is generally neutral sounding and smooth, when left alone, but responds extremely well to any sort of EQ, with you being able to lift or lower any part of the sound spectrum to suit your listening tastes. It's not at all like an Ety E4R-S for instance which is all about clarity and definition. The HY3 is all about smoothness and neutral sounds that you can EQ to your taste, but the dynamic driver in it gives it that bass reach (when you need it) that BA's sometimes lack.

Nov 19, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #962 of 5,310
http://www.head-fi.org/t/626714/cosmic-ears-new-ciem-company-with-crazy-low-prices-including-hybrid-designs/870#post_8860716 :D

That said, since I wrote that, I think this is capable of reaching further down and delivering more bass than the GR07 when required, but on a neutral source such as the the Clip Zip with a flat EQ, it is about the same.

I think I mentioned in my impressions/review, the HY3 is highly amenable to EQ. It is generally neutral sounding and smooth, when left alone, but responds extremely well to any sort of EQ, with you being able to lift or lower any part of the sound spectrum to suit your listening tastes. It's not at all like an Ety E4R-S for instance which is all about clarity and definition. The HY3 is all about smoothness and neutral sounds that you can EQ to your taste, but the dynamic driver in it gives it that bass reach (when you need it) that BA's sometimes lack.

The new version HY3 sounds wonderful! I guess I can save up some money since they're out of stock...

Nov 19, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #963 of 5,310
Since the whole cable and out of stock issue, has anyone received any order updates?  It has been 3 weeks since my order has been on electronic assembly, and 4 weeks since it was started.  I'm going to email Phil to see if he has anything, but I want to see if anyone else has this problem.

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #964 of 5,310
Just want to share some more HY3 love with you all...

Shpongle - 'Are You Shpongled' album. 320k mp3. Absolutely glorious on a flat EQ through the HY3 and a Clip Zip as a source.

The layered synths are beautiful, the bass rumbles when it needs too, the pan pipes drift across the music. Soundstage good, separation good, I am drifting in a sea of chilled serenity while writing a report for work. 

All is well, nothing to see here, other than a chilled hippy in musicland 
cool.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #968 of 5,310
Quote:
http://cosmicears.com/ba4/

Anyone else seen the new update on the 4's?

Cheers

Nice update, the purple carbon fiber looks cool.

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #970 of 5,310
Quote:

If you are a Shpongle fan, then you will know how well mastered their albums are. I've just been listening to their 'God Particle' EP and there was a whole universe of atoms drifting around my head :)

Nope, never heard Shpongle.  Prog fan though if that means anything!

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #971 of 5,310
If you are a Shpongle fan, then you will know how well mastered their albums are. I've just been listening to their 'God Particle' EP and there was a whole universe of atoms drifting around my head :)

That description of imaging sounds great! Maybe Cosmic didn't need a new flagship :D

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #973 of 5,310
Quote:
Damn I really wanna get that HY3!! And I haven't even received my Pure yet!
I'm listening to Shpongle right now and I like it 
biggrin.gif

UK psybient music at its best imho :)

It has just been several hours of musical bliss, where source, headphones and music choice all came together in the right way and aural nirvana was achieved :) 

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #974 of 5,310
Quote:
Nope, never heard Shpongle.  Prog fan though if that means anything!

Give it a go. They are a UK Psybient (psychadelic-ambient) outfit. Lots of layered synths with organic sounds thrown in and interesting bass patterns and drums. They also master their recordings very well and make extensive use of panning and "moving" instrument locations. They are absolutely mind boggling to listen to on a pair of open cans, but fair very well indeed with Cosmic Ears offerings too 
L3000.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #975 of 5,310
Quote:
Just want to share some more HY3 love with you all...

Shpongle - 'Are You Shpongled' album. 320k mp3. Absolutely glorious on a flat EQ through the HY3 and a Clip Zip as a source.

The layered synths are beautiful, the bass rumbles when it needs too, the pan pipes drift across the music. Soundstage good, separation good, I am drifting in a sea of chilled serenity while writing a report for work. 

All is well, nothing to see here, other than a chilled hippy in musicland 
cool.gif

Hi guys

nothing to do really with CE but also like shpongle a lot, used to listen to all their work (psichedelic trance genre) in my car hifi setup (was stolen now trying to rebuild it - they where gentle, did not take the isolated door panels nor the cables though lol)
Don´t even get me started on infected mushroom from Israel lol)

On shpongle I´d also recommend the cd "tales of the inexpressible" and particularly because of the eco separation of channels the theme "my head feels like a frisbee" (hehe) properly mastered in wav/flac quality of course

Users who are viewing this thread

Back