Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Aug 10, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #4,981 of 5,310
Hi there,

New to Head-fi. However, I read up a lot over here, but are just not partaking in discussions. 

I've been using generic in-ears up until now. I've been using my current setup for over 5 years, which is a record breaking streak for me by a clear mile.

After a couple of cable replacements and the regular wear and tear, it's time for an upgrade... :)
Those last generics cost me over $200 (I've been using the UE Super.fi 5 Pro's). but I personally don't want to invest more than that into another generic set. 

Fit and seal was never an issue though. The Comply foam tips always did the trick. But I think it's time for me to take the next step with regards to quality and fit. So I recently purchased the CE6P's from the Cosmic Ears website.

These CE's should blow my UE's back to the stone age, and then some, so I can't wait for these to show up at my doorstep :) 

I know CE is closed for the summer a.t.m. But... I actually got a status update this afternoon (CET), moving them to Electronic Assembly!

Aug 12, 2015 at 6:52 AM Post #4,986 of 5,310
Impressive

Less than 24 hours

And i must say, i am like a baby, i dont cry because im at office xD

Now

Metallica S&M 24bit 192Khz --> Sound Blaster E5 (Cinamon Cable) --> CE6P

Again, Impressive

Thanks to Cosmic Ears for this maginific work and piece of art

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #4,988 of 5,310
After a week of ownership, reaching the conclusion that this CE6B has a wonderfully satisfying sound signature.

Does anyone else have any issues getting the cables out?

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #4,992 of 5,310
  They're amazing :)
Is that gold flake in the shells?

Completely agree. That design looks amazing! I've been revisiting the picture a couple of times now :)

However, I'm personally really curious as to how you ended up with that specific design.
Same thing goes for the gorgeous transparent full steam shells that Ultrainferno was showing off with good to extremely good reason :)

I can only imagine that it's a joint effort between you and CE's designer, right? I'm thinking it's not something you accidentally end up with. Or is it..?

Aug 15, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #4,994 of 5,310
Try to remove them the Linum way. The cable can take more abuse than you think
Are you planning on testing different cables? If not I'd just leave it in there

Aug 16, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #4,995 of 5,310
Try to remove them the Linum way. The cable can take more abuse than you think
Are you planning on testing different cables? If not I'd just leave it in there

OK. Successfully removed. Yes, wanted to see if I could use some other cables. All good. Just took some careful yanking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back