Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
May 16, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #3,931 of 5,310
The hybrids are the ones with HY in front of the model name.  At the moment only the 2 is listed and that is out of stock.  There was also the hy3, and the 5 apparantly is in development.  It might be best to hold off ordering right now for when the site gets updated.

Any ideas when this will be happening? / can I contact anyone about this?

May 16, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #3,933 of 5,310
In case anyones interested, the 2 pin linum cable fits comfortably in my UM Merlins with recessed sockets. I was so impressed with the linum on my recently upgraded CE BA2 that I bought one for my other CIEMs too.

May 16, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #3,934 of 5,310
Smithamb, we're all eagerly awaiting news on the updated product line from CE.  I think they're being sensible and not telling anyone about anything until everything is ready, and I'm not surprised it's taking a while to set up a whole new lab in the UK.  

Phil is probably the guy to ask about your canals.  But I have read a few times on Head Fi that ear canals don't ever stop changing.  Only tiny changes, but over time (like 4 or 5 years+) CIEMs can become uncomfortable.  Of course, you being younger means your canals are probably changing a bit more than us (that makes me sound old.  I'm slowly going gray, but I'm only in my mid 20s), and most guys don't stop growing until 21 or so.

May 16, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #3,935 of 5,310
  Smithamb, we're all eagerly awaiting news on the updated product line from CE.  I think they're being sensible and not telling anyone about anything until everything is ready, and I'm not surprised it's taking a while to set up a whole new lab in the UK.  

Phil is probably the guy to ask about your canals.  But I have read a few times on Head Fi that ear canals don't ever stop changing.  Only tiny changes, but over time (like 4 or 5 years+) CIEMs can become uncomfortable.  Of course, you being younger means your canals are probably changing a bit more than us (that makes me sound old.  I'm slowly going gray, but I'm only in my mid 20s), and most guys don't stop growing until 21 or so.

I could not agree more with the bolded statement. CE is the only hardshelled custom that I've not had to send back for a refit

May 17, 2014 at 10:35 AM Post #3,936 of 5,310
Also, as I'm 17/nearly 18, do you think it would be wise to stick to universals as I've read that people below mid 20s have problems with changing ear shapes when it comes to the fit of the shell

Haha you are just like me (same age too)
But yeah like the others have said, its probably better to wait it out...or you cld ask phil if he is willing to do universals

May 17, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #3,937 of 5,310
Not wishing to speak for CE but I have enquired about universals before and it's not going to be anytime soon (unless things have changed).

No one is saying don't have it done, but just don't be surprised if you need a refit in a year or two.

May 26, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #3,944 of 5,310
I do believe those are mines, ******* do they look cool

Phils stated on the facebook page that that faceplate design will be available in most models

They're due to ship to me tomorrow so I should have them just by the end of the week and I'll post many pictures and impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back