Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
May 16, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #3,916 of 5,310
  For those who are interested in the thin Estron cables, I've written up a review of them for the BaX (1.4 ohm) variant:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/719062/review-estron-linum-bax-new-iem-cable-for-a-new-age

Posted this in the thread, thought I would post here as well 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nice write up tomscy2000, I can agree with your review and thoughts, I was hesitant when I first tried the cable but after 9 months of using them I don't want to go back to "chunky" ones. 

It is a shame you never tried the T2 connector, it is a breath of fresh air from the "old 2-pin" and "misused mmcx" designs.

I primarily use the Bax and the ones I have seem to have the same tangle free design as the music and vocal versions.

May 16, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #3,922 of 5,310
Hi everyone i've been absent from this thread, and headfi in general...does anyone know if phil has redone the micros?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/626714/cosmic-ears-new-ciem-company-with-great-prices-including-hybrid-designs/3825#post_10494570

May 16, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #3,924 of 5,310
Hi Guys,

Looking into buying my first pair of custom iem's and these have really drawn my attention as they are so damn cheap?! i have been looking at the BA4 as it is supposed to be the customers favourite?

Can anyone vouch for this?

I mainly listen to electro/dance but am really starting to enjoy tracks with more vocals and guitar forefronts. having said that i would still like to oomph in the lower end to satisfy the bashed deep within me :wink:

can anyone comment on the BA4's sound quality and/or direct me to another pair? i can't seem to find the hybrid designs btw so I'm not sure about those?

Thanks!!

May 16, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #3,925 of 5,310
Hi Guys,

Looking into buying my first pair of custom iem's and these have really drawn my attention as they are so damn cheap?! i have been looking at the BA4 as it is supposed to be the customers favourite?

I mainly listen to electro/dance but am really starting to enjoy tracks with more vocals and guitar forefronts. having said that i would still like to oomph in the lower end to satisfy the bashed deep within me :wink:

can anyone comment on the BA4's sound quality and/or direct me to another pair? i can't seem to find the hybrid designs btw so I'm not sure about those?

Thanks!!

Are you referring to F or R version of BA4?

May 16, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #3,928 of 5,310
F should have more bass than R version, but to my taste R version has a good amount of bass (I don't think that one may say that they are bass ligth, definitely not; FR graph shows that between the lowest dip in the midrange around 800 Hz and the highest peak in the bass there is a difference of around 6 dB) and it has nice subwoofer type of "growl" (CSD plot shows long note sustain).

May 16, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #3,929 of 5,310
  Hi Guys,

Thanks!!

It would probably be the F version as I'm told that it stands for 'Fun'? :p i have also been told that it has more bass than the r

Have you seen this review? Might help!

http://www.headfonia.com/cosmic-ears-ba4-jewel-in-the-crown/

May 16, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #3,930 of 5,310
  Hi Guys,

Thanks!!

The hybrids are the ones with HY in front of the model name.  At the moment only the 2 is listed and that is out of stock.  There was also the hy3, and the 5 apparantly is in development.  It might be best to hold off ordering right now for when the site gets updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back