Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
May 27, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #3,949 of 5,310
I know the leaf skeleton will definitely be my next choice when the HY5 comes out. Patience patience but gosh those look really pretty.

I share your excitement about the HY5, wonder when Headphonia is going to publish the BA6 review?

The cable for my HY-TF10 have given up the ghost recently.
It's seen almost daily use for around a year now so it lasted well.
I've ordered the new BA-x cable to replace it.
Looking forward to it as I'm really not a fan of guide wires.

May 29, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #3,952 of 5,310
Just curious really, what advantages are there in having the sockets recessed to the ciem instead of flush?

Thanks

May 29, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #3,954 of 5,310
Just curious really, what advantages are there in having the sockets recessed to the ciem instead of flush?

Thanks

LOOKS BABY!

I think the two pin variants benefit from being recessed as the delicate (well, kinda) pins have added support to help resist bending.

It looks to me a though the new connecter is a better design from the perspective of mechanical integrity.
But it looks soooo good recessed.
Almost like a fixed cable.

May 29, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #3,956 of 5,310
  *******, I've had a DX50 since release, considering how much audio gear I've bought the past few months I doubt I'll be upgrading anytime soon

I sold it because there was just too much hiss with the DX50 -> BA4f. I managed to get €150 for it, you can always do the same? :)

Buying head-fi related stuff really isn't buying. It's more like renting it, untill you sell it to someone else...

I tried to purchase the D-zero to go with my android phone, but the mp4nation.de store is absolutely horrible and after three weeks of not receiving anything I demanded my money back

I'm glad I did, because the DX90 sure as heck sounds better than both previously mentioned DAC-AMPs.

May 29, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #3,957 of 5,310
Remember me when you want to sell DX90
tongue_smile.gif

May 29, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #3,959 of 5,310
My main issue is there's a tiny line across the top left corner of the screen, everything works perfectly but I feel that would drag the price down too much. I bought a set of hd650's again, panam amp, sansa clip+, CE2E and reshelled BA4F in the past few months. I'm meant to be a student.

If I could get £150 never mind 150EUR I'd be very happy

Do you feel the difference in performance is worth the price? I liked the sound of the fiio X5 although I haven't looked into it much, I do prefer the look of the dx line.

I just flashed my DX50 today with a DX90 firmware port that bypasses android sound processing completely and goes straight to the dac, I'll see how the sound change is when I get my BA4

May 29, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #3,960 of 5,310
  Nah, they'll probably have a DX95 by then. Having 4 Sabre DACs and 17 opamps, en 17 micro sd slots :p

Not interested in those 4 dacs or 17 opamps but high capacity is important for me, that is the only reason I haven't bought DX90 now.

Then again by the time I finish the master and get a job, I believe successor of DX100 will be out. Hopefully they will manage to bring the capacity to close to 500 gb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back