Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid designs!)
Mar 18, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #3,738 of 5,310
Should I get a cable with or without memory wire for my BA2's? I will use them as monitors on stage, also some hifi listening.
I think the memory wire is good on stage but not too good for bedtime listening 
confused.gif

Generally speaking, are there any people/musicians reading this thread that use Cosmic Ears for onstage use? I know I'm on a hifi forum but I just wanted to ask 
redface.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #3,739 of 5,310
  Should I get a cable with or without memory wire for my BA2's? I will use them as monitors on stage, also some hifi listening.
I think the memory wire is good on stage but not too good for bedtime listening 
confused.gif

Generally speaking, are there any people/musicians reading this thread that use Cosmic Ears for onstage use? I know I'm on a hifi forum but I just wanted to ask 
redface.gif

Memory wire is good for everything except lying down on a couch or bed. For stage or day to day life walking, sitting etc I have no problem with memory wire.

You can ask additional cable from Phil. So you will have both cables, one for bedtime one for other purposes.

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #3,740 of 5,310
Whereas I hate memory wire with a vengeance.  On the right ear it always seems to irritate the top part where the curve happens in the wire, so it really is a personal thing.  Plus when wearing glasses it's annoying anyway!

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #3,742 of 5,310
  Whereas I hate memory wire with a vengeance.  On the right ear it always seems to irritate the top part where the curve happens in the wire, so it really is a personal thing.  Plus when wearing glasses it's annoying anyway!

+1 on glasses though. I don't use glasses normally but sometimes, very rarely, when the sun shines upon Belgium (I am talking about when it is not raining... something like 10 15 minutes per year
biggrin.gif
) and when I put my sun glasses, the memory wire is not the most comfortable option.

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #3,744 of 5,310

I cannot agree with this more. memory wire and glasses DO NOT go together. Either the glasses don't fit properly or the cable bends awkwardly.

Loving the new cable and connectors :D <3

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #3,747 of 5,310
Hi Phil will this new cable type be available if ever with a L-shaped connector or is it only available as a straight input?

Because the socket is so small there is no need for a angle connector so it will not come with one. We have even been trying it fully recessed which is possible dependant on the ear size.

On another point there is no memory wire on the cable, it is thermo shaped to go over the ear and with the cable being just 0.9mm you almost feel it is not there.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #3,748 of 5,310
  Because the socket is so small there is no need for a angle connector so it will not come with one. We have even been trying it fully recessed which is possible dependant on the ear size.

On another point there is no memory wire on the cable, it is thermo shaped to go over the ear and with the cable being just 0.9mm you almost feel it is not there.

Phil, if I have another ciem with regular Westone/JH audio style 2 pin connectors, will I be able to use this cable with it? Can I order it from you with those connectors I mean. Please don't forget that it will be recessed rather than flush.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #3,749 of 5,310

Phil, if I have another ciem with regular Westone/JH audio style 2 pin connectors, will I be able to use this cable with it? Can I order it from you with those connectors I mean. Please don't forget that it will be recessed rather than flush.

Please send me an email, the head-fi rules mean I can't answer that on the forum.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #3,750 of 5,310

I apoligize, I was referring to the connector at the bottom of the cable. Straight ones seem to break or fray on me faster as I tend to be a very mobile person while listening to my music than the L-shaped ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back